• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #8 | It's a Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I totally fucked-up when I said that. I honestly thought that was announced officially, and I feel terrible. I violated a trust and I apologize to the parties involved. It's all on me and I take full responsibility.

I am sorry :-(
How do we know you're not a plant by Jeff to skew our betting pool?

Xater

On Today's PlayStation Nation podcast, Glenn Percival, the host, let it out of the bag that their friend Jason Oestreicher (of Game Informer) was hired by Giant Bomb to do video stuff. Wasn't Dan Ryckert from Game Informer too?

His Twitter account: https://twitter.com/unastrike

gF7BX4v.png

And now the mystery is solved and we know both of the new hires. Really looking forward to seeing them in action at GB.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not sure how people take this PS Nation thing as a confirmation that Dan is the new editor?

Sure, we've had plenty of hints already to be almost positive it's him but the fact that his former co-worker is a confirmed hire doesn't confirm anything.

And weirdly enough looks like nobody picked up on that on the official GB forums... Well unless the mods are deleting those threads.

Myomoto

I noticed on the schedule that Scoops and the Wolf will have it's normal Friday schedule. I wonder if this will be the intro of Vinny into the morning show. If so, I wonder what the new name of the show would be.

Super Ultra Bombin' the AM´ with Scoops and the Wolf: Pappa Vinny Remix Edition EX + Alpha

Torgo

It was a mistake, but I wouldn't beat myself up about it. Can't speak for the GB folks of course, but most people here seem to be fine with it.

But I broke a trust, and it hurt someone that I consider a very good friend. People were talking about it at E3, so I thought it had been revealed. I should have checked before I said anything, and I didn't, and that's my screw-up. I pride myself on not doing things like this, and the first time I do it, I hurt a friend. So yeah, I feel like shit right now.

I totally fucked-up when I said that. I honestly thought that was announced officially, and I feel terrible. I violated a trust and I apologize to the parties involved. It's all on me and I take full responsibility.

Sorry, but you're going to have to be ground up into powder now.

Myggen

And weirdly enough looks like nobody picked up on that on the official GB forums... Well unless the mods are deleting those threads.

Seems like there's some problem with the GB forum right now. I tried to make a new thread a couple of hours ago (not about the new producer being confirmed because I'm sure a topic about that would get deleted since they haven't announced anything themselves), but I get an error every time I try to click on "Start a new topic." If that's not just me, that's probably the reason.

popo

But I broke a trust, and it hurt someone that I consider a very good friend. People were talking about it at E3, so I thought it had been revealed. I should have checked before I said anything, and I didn't, and that's my screw-up. I pride myself on not doing things like this, and the first time I do it, I hurt a friend. So yeah, I feel like shit right now.

So tell him not us :p

Likely he will tell you not to worry about it.

Seems like there's some problem with the GB forum right now. I tried to make a new thread a couple of hours ago (not about the new producer being confirmed because I'm sure a topic about that would get deleted since they haven't announced anything themselves), but I get an error every time I try to click on "Start a new topic." If that's not just me, that's probably the reason.

I think it is working now. My moto gp review thread is still there!

Dany

Banned

You didn't confirm anything until this exact post.

It just popped into my head that Vinny and Alex doing another series of "how to build a bomb" in NY might not be the best idea.

They should rename that.....

Hey, I think this serves as a hint that they should have announced it by now. There's teasing and then there's bullshit teasing. They should have said weeks ago that Ryckert was the guy, instead of overstretching the joke for this long.

Patryn

Hey, I think this serves as a hint that they should have announced it by now. There's teasing and then there's bullshit teasing. They should have said weeks ago that Ryckert was the guy, instead of overstretching the joke for this long.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It's entirely possible that they're still going through things like paperwork and background checks where you basically have the job, but you need to get through the bullshit before you start.

There are probably legal and HR reasons why they have announced it.

I dont think the new guy officially starts for another week or two so they probably cant confirm shit until they are on the payroll.

Zaph

On the morning show, Alex basically confirmed they're filming the studio 'making-of'. They went to Video Games New York, where Vinny got awestruck and filmed it and got a 10 minute interview with the owner.

The place looks like this:

Defunkled

On the morning show, Alex basically confirmed they're filming the studio 'making-of'. They went to Video Games New York, where Vinny got awestruck and filmed it and got a 10 minute interview with the owner.

Oh wow, it's like an American Super Potato.

The way they've been dropping hints online (especially Dan Ryckert) this was bound to happen. If not by you, then someone else. Giant Bomb said they filled the position weeks before E3. To me, Jason's tweet was just as much a confirmation as what you said. Don't beat yourself up over this. You were just so excited for your friend's great new opportunity. And for my part in this, by posting about this, I am sorry. I overestimated the PSNation/Giant Bomb community cross-over. I was so sure someone would beat me to the punch. It seems, for once, I actually posted (relatively) breaking video game news.

mattp

oh man awesome. that store is so great

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Not trying to derail the discussion, but my brain is driving me crazy and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I remember the GB guys talking about games like QWOP, surgeon simulator and the like, and they had a name for the way the gameplay/humour results from deliberately bad controls. Can anyone remember the term?

I thought we were meant to laugh at "A wizard came from the moon." because it's goofy as fuck.

I laughed, if only because A) imagining Peter Dinklage reading that line and just going "what the fuck? fine, just make sure the check clears." is hilarious on it's own. Then, you go backwards and think about the writer who put that on a sheet of paper, possibly very proud of this little nugget and how it really ties into the rest of Destiny's lore, then turning that into his manager, then it getting reviewed, everyone popping champagne bottles because they finally got the script together, and then having Peter read that line.

It's like The Room, where it's so obvious that it's just pure madness to everyone except for the guys who are running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom