• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say whatever you want about Dan, but the man has brought an insane amount of content to Giant Bomb. Imagine what it would be if it was still just Jeff and Brad and Drew in SF...

I like Dan, but listening to him tell me how awesome he thinks every moment of Rocky IV is sounds like my worst nightmare.

I'd rather hear Dan be exposed to stuff like Citizen Kane for the first time.

Agreed, I still can't believe he was a film study major and hasn't seen Citizen Kane or Casablanca. That was the first thing they showed me in film classes. Also, I'm getting real burnt out on Dan. It seems GB has turned into Giant Dan Bomb. I'd like some more from some of the other guys because it seems like everything is Dan centric now.

justjim89

It's because Dan thinks of a premium feature and makes it happen while Jeff and Brad occasionally go "this would make a fun premium thing" and then sit on it or never follow up. The abundance of Dan content is a direct result of Dan just thinking of shit and doing it, or so it would seem.

erawsd

Oh shit

0bCpot0.png

Itshappening.gif

After all the build up Im a little disapointed the Substitute isnt the first feature.

Jothel

had my first 40 when I visited America a while back, first time having malt liqour too, what a weird drink it is, like beer wine? Wasn't bad though!

SmithnCo

You can say whatever you want about Dan, but the man has brought an insane amount of content to Giant Bomb. Imagine what it would be if it was still just Jeff and Brad and Drew in SF...

Yes, MGS and Demo Derby are the best content in a while. Before the hire it was pretty dry.

Jothel

i think Dan really injected the site with a lot of energy. what a great hire. i was pretty worried back when Vinny left. look where we are now.
Yeah that post Vinny leaving, pre Dan and Jason period was not the best for the site, absolutely understandable at the same time though.

justjim89

You haven't been drinking the correct 40oz malt liquor beverages my friend.

I've never really learned to like the taste of beer, though I drink it cause it's cheap. My best friend is a beer snob and is always asking me to try all these different things, but the more taste a beer has generally the more I dislike it. "Oh you can taste the hops in this!" It just tastes bad to my tongue. So for me, the best beer or malt liquor is served as cold as possible with minimal taste. Drinking is a means to an end, or a social lubricant. If I want something that tastes good, I spent all summer stocking up on Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

I'll admit I'm weird though.

CAUSE BABYYY

I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ON THE GRAVE

THE MORE I GET OF YOU THE STRANGER IT FEELS YEA yea

AND NOW THAT YOUR ROSE IS IN BLOOM

A LIGHT HITS THE GLOOM ON THE GRAVE

Megasoum

Banned
With House of Cards coming out tomorrow, I wish they would have released the Rocky 4 thing right away. I would have watched that tonight before going to bed.

I've never really learned to like the taste of beer, though I drink it cause it's cheap. My best friend is a beer snob and is always asking me to try all these different things, but the more taste a beer has generally the more I dislike it. "Oh you can taste the hops in this!" It just tastes bad to my tongue. So for me, the best beer or malt liquor is served as cold as possible with minimal taste. Drinking is a means to an end, or a social lubricant. If I want something that tastes good, I spent all summer stocking up on Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

I'll admit I'm weird though.

No that's not weird at all, I'm pretty much the same way, I don't like the taste of beer either, but there are some malt liquors out there that make the process of drinking one fairly enjoyable (and I can't even remember the brand of the 40 to recommend it.)

With House of Cards coming out tomorrow, I wish they would have released the Rocky 4 thing right away. I would have watched that tonight before going to bed.

It says it's a podcast.

I've only seen Rocky. 2 and/or 3 worth watching before I hunt down a copy of IV?

Rocky 1 is a legitimately good movie. 2 and 3 are not good movies and totally defeat the purpose of the first one. 4 is awesome just because it oozes cheesy 80s.

But sure why not, watch them all.

They're not terrible.

Curufinwe

Is going on dates where you watch 80s/90s action movies just a Dan thing, or something that's common? I just got to the part of MGS where he talks about Predator being one of his date movies.

justjim89

I'll occasionally listen to The Comedy Button's movie commentaries and they're hilarious. Good to see Giant Bomb getting into the game. Just a shame the movie isn't easily accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom