• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
The Giant Bomb community here on GAF needs an official mascot, and I found one that's perfect.

200px-Monster_snark.PNG

Mupod

"[Beast] may not be a good group style."

*cries*

beast style is the most fun I had in Y0. The group heat attack where you just swing one guy around in a circle and take everybody out, or the special one that basically just ends any non-boss fight in a cutscene if you manage to land a combo without taking a hit. And ground grabs, oh yes.

It makes no sense to me that someone could look at it and think it's anything but the group fighting style, but it's good 1v1 too. The only time I switched out of it were certain bosses that it wasn't working on. The disco guy was surprisingly one of the hardest opponents, and obviously it's bad against Mr.Shakedown (on hard mode anyways).

Hjod

Banned
I loved doing the Impulse 101 cheat and just throw these.

I loved using the Snarks in multiplayer, and I really enjoyed HL1s multiplayer, me and my friends played the hell out of it when we had our LANs, when someone was afking for a while you could place the trip mines on people haha.

As expected, this was an amazing BITE episode. I let the loudest fuck yes when Dan equipped the
Marlin Cannon to finish off Kuze
followed by me laughing my ass off. Also, it needs to be said just how good the voice acting is in the series in general even though I knew what was going to happen I still got a lump in my throat during the ending of that chapter. Sublime stuff.

*leaves Calling Card in his Palace*

*a couple days pass*

Death Metalist: "I was wrong to say that! I love jrpgs! I need to be styyyyyyyyyyyylish..."

image.php

Kassu

Banned
Dan is definitely getting better with the fighting system. They should be fine as long as they remember buy some healing items before some of the harder fights.

Can't wait to see how they react to Majima chapters.

beast style is the most fun I had in Y0. The group heat attack where you just swing one guy around in a circle and take everybody out, or the special one that basically just ends any non-boss fight in a cutscene if you manage to land a combo without taking a hit. And ground grabs, oh yes.

It makes no sense to me that someone could look at it and think it's anything but the group fighting style, but it's good 1v1 too. The only time I switched out of it were certain bosses that it wasn't working on. The disco guy was surprisingly one of the hardest opponents, and obviously it's bad against Mr.Shakedown (on hard mode anyways).

Yup, same here. Whenever I was Kiryu I used the beast mode exclusively. It's very good for crowd controlling and it helps that you're able to pick up whatever item that is near you while you're attacking. Moreover, you can grab the enemies that are laying on the floor after being attacked.

Nerokis

"[Beast] may not be a good group style."

*cries*

Haha, wow.

Have they done the Miracle Johnson quest? Maybe it doesn't really matter on Normal, but it went from annoyingly difficult to a breeze after I switched to Beast style. I have to imagine there are other encounters that are annoying if you aren't using it.

Catvoca

Banned
Holy shit that Duke Nukem stuff in Bulletstorm is bad. "Hey that's not my name" copy and pasted for the entire campaign. I can't believe their overpriced remaster has €5 day one Duke Nukem dlc, what is Gearbox doing these days?

Hindl

Holy shit that Duke Nukem stuff in Bulletstorm is bad. "Hey that's not my name" copy and pasted for the entire campaign. I can't believe their overpriced remaster has €5 day one Duke Nukem dlc, what is Gearbox doing these days?

Gearbox has been pretty shitty for a while. Take out Borderlands and what have they done recently?

Hindl

What spoiler are people talking about in Yooka-Laylee?

Edit: Lol Dan struggling with that boss for 10 minutes and Vinny beats it on his first try

Hjod

Banned
Man, I want to go home and play some Yakuza now.

Take away Borderlands and Gearbox still made two excellent expansions to Half Life and they did Brothers in Arms. But lately they've been shit.

Gjerven

What's up with the youtube upload delay? Videos now takes days to come there after uploaded to GB versus just a couple weeks ago when they were mostly up same time/day..

convo

Dan is definitely getting better with the fighting system. They should be fine as long as they remember buy some healing items before some of the harder fights.

Can't wait to see how they react to Majima chapters.

There is no reason to not fill up your inventory to the max with healing items, if you get something and are full you can just move stuff to the item box. Also for those worrying side-quests are unmissable and always doable. There's even a mode that unlocks after beating the game where you can do side-quests without any story to get in the way. Missing stuff is basically up to them with what they want to do.

Giant Bomb #29 | Every hole has a story

Yooka-Laylee looks alright. Seems like the perfect summer game for me, thinking of getting it with Crash. Also, how could you say no to David Wise? Between Snake Pass and this, his work makes me happy.

convo

I am suprised Dan hasnt done the Beast circle attack yet.

Its my favorite dumb attack in the game. Pile driving that dude in the tunnel over and over was fun.

It's like you guys don't know that they are always in dire need of advice when doing these playthroughs.A Non-Stop infinite barrage of advice is the least the people watching this should be able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom