• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Persona 5's bugging you about palaces and when to go to bed is like 'hey cousin lets go bowling' turned up to a thousand.

Agreed. I wish you could set something like "Don't bother me about this shit until this calendar date". Although the bed thing is overblown, the same thing happened in Persona 4. It's just now there's a character to attach that to

dcassell

Banned
The dungeon stuff lines up with how I play Persona: do the dungeon ASAP then focus on social links for the rest of the period of time. So it hasn't bothered me. It seems like the game wants you to do that, considering how much it bugs you.

The dungeon stuff lines up with how I play Persona: do the dungeon ASAP then focus on social links for the rest of the period of time. So it hasn't bothered me. It seems like the game wants you to do that, considering how much it bugs you.

Well it's sort of the same either way. If you're not in the dungeon, it bugs you to go into the dungeon. If you finish the dungeon on the first day then you get two weeks of "Is everything gonna be okay? What's gonna happen next?"

The game suffers a bit because unlike P4's weather system there's no real justification for why things would resolve on a specific date, so there's this weird in-between state where they have to keep coming up with reasons why the story would stall for the next 13 days until the dungeon timer expires.

Persona 5 just has a lot of useless/extraneous text in it that the game would benefit if it had been edited down. The game itself is just way too long as well, it's like 30 hours longer than Persona 4 Golden which is just absurd.

dcassell

Banned
Well it's sort of the same either way. If you're not in the dungeon, it bugs you to go into the dungeon. If you finish the dungeon on the first day then you get two weeks of "Is everything gonna be okay? What's gonna happen next?"

The game suffers a bit because unlike P4's weather system there's no real justification for why things would resolve on a specific date, so there's this weird in-between state where they have to keep coming up with reasons why the story would stall for the next 13 days until the dungeon timer expires.

I didn't even think about that. Yeah, I totally see how that gets annoying.

I'm 20 hours in, and am not sick of that stuff yet...though I can see that I may feel that way after another 80 hours. I'm loving it, but I wasn't annoyed by any of that until someone pointed it out to me!

0VddAxc.jpg

Yeah, Rick & Morty is not funny. I've tried watching it multiple times, but I can't help be feel like my time would be better spent watching the grass grow.

Console version of Marvel Heroes looks rough. I have... a lot of hours on the PC version but I haven't played it consistently for at least a year because they stopped adding content, clearly because they were working on the console version. But it looks like they haven't fixed any of the structural flaws and it still runs like shit in public zones. RIP that game, I don't see it doing well there either, and the pc version is dead af.

pronk420

Is there an event going on or something? Seems like not much content this week. The player unknown stream was awesome but wheres the sniper ghost recon QL? Prey demo QL? And nothing at all on the schedule.

Hindl

Is there an event going on or something? Seems like not much content this week. The player unknown stream was awesome but wheres the sniper ghost recon QL? Prey demo QL? And nothing at all on the schedule.

We've gotten 3 QL, an Unfinished, a TitR (20 minutes but still) and the PUBG stream. Plus why would they do a QL of the demo when they could just do the full QL next week? And I don't think the PUBG was on the schedule until a few hours before it started either. Still probably have some type of GBE playdate tomorrow

Mupod

Console version of Marvel Heroes looks rough. I have... a lot of hours on the PC version but I haven't played it consistently for at least a year because they stopped adding content, clearly because they were working on the console version. But it looks like they haven't fixed any of the structural flaws and it still runs like shit in public zones. RIP that game, I don't see it doing well there either, and the pc version is dead af.

yeah...I've got 600+ hours on the game and I was really disappointed at the direction they took the last time I checked in. Sure, I had to have ini edits for extra bars and use my keyboard like a goddamn piano to play Dr. Strange, but the solution was not to dumb the game down.

Looking back I'm not quite sure if I ever ran across Jeff in-game. I saw a Captain America named MonsterDunk a few times but that could've been anyone.

Curufinwe

The only unnecessary text that's bugging me is the shit Morgana makes you say to Airsoft store owner every time after he gives you the bag pretty early in the game. My guts aren't going to be Dauntless for months and months, so it seems like a real oversight by Atlus.

I think the phone chats are actually very well done. I'm up to August 1st now and just started the 4th palace after getting Ann up to level 9.
Her level 8 scene in the gym with Ryuji was hilarious - "Quit thinkin' you're some sexy character in an anime"

yeah...I've got 600+ hours on the game and I was really disappointed at the direction they took the last time I checked in. Sure, I had to have ini edits for extra bars and use my keyboard like a goddamn piano to play Dr. Strange, but the solution was not to dumb the game down.

Looking back I'm not quite sure if I ever ran across Jeff in-game. I saw a Captain America named MonsterDunk a few times but that could've been anyone.

That was Jeff. Account names are unique and he goes by that one so yeah. e: actually he might go by GiantBombing, idk for sure.

Honestly though I think the new skill trees are the least of MH's problems imo. I enjoyed Strange and Scarlet Witch a lot after that BUE patch a few months ago. But stuff like poor performance, loot bloat, crappy inventory management, lack of endgame and very very slow content iteration and additions - these are all problems that the PC version has had for years and the console version has inherited all of them.

Mupod

They should do another cabaret club video.

Pls GBeast.

I think they have a little bit more story stuff to get through before they can do a cabaret video. But not too much. But yeah there was a ton of support in the video comments so I'm hoping they go for it.

Looking forward to them meeting
Nishitani
in the next video, oh man.

Hindl

Bob's Burgers is the best cartoon currently on.

It's the only one competing with Rick and Morty for me, as much as it pains me that I can't put Archer up there anymore.

As a sidenote, I kinda feel like Archer is what Arrested Development would've become if it kept going. First 3 seasons are A+ but eventually it gets too self-referential and then they start trying new crazy shit to keep things going

daveo42

Banned
Are we still trying to figure out what that announcement is? I heard that Vice is going to buy Giant Bomb and fold them into Waypoint.

Everybody's Golf in August

now I'm ready to talk GOTY

The series is fun and challenging, but GotY? Nah. Not even close this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom