• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not familiar with Amarisse or these new hire conspiracies, but I have to know...what are her thoughts on Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Burnout Paradise? Game of the generation podcast is happening sooner or later.

I hope not, I get enough salt from the GOTY podcasts to last me the year and then some. Imagine the shit Jeff would be willing to pull when it comes to keeping RDR away from any kind of recognition.

tumblr_nec56n9EQU1qfnp35o2_500.gif

Cosplay?
NejL7LQQ.jpg

Yeah the last couple have been better, but in the grand scheme they're the first two I've actually finished in forever so I still hope they mix it up sometime.

With the current state of the show I also feel the runtime being 2+ hours or whatever is unnecessary and to its detriment, I dread long ones more than ever these days.

The longer, the better for me.

oti

Banned
You maybe shouldn't take this thread as a consensus on P5.
Also FFXV and P5 are both good, sue me for thinking this.

It's not just this thread. I expected Persona 5 to be this huge Zeitgeist moment and instead everyone talked about the menues for a day and that was it. I'm not talking just about GAF, my Twitter bubble moved on pretty quick too.

Although I played Persona 4 Golden last year for the first time so no idea how that game was received when it came out. Maybe I'm just overestimating Persona.

And I thought FF XV was alright.
I enjoyed my time with it. I'm kinda thinking about trying FFXIII on Steam I got in one of those SE surprise boxes.

Moaradin

Persona is Persona. It's a good game but it's not gonna blow anyone away. It sticks pretty close to the formula, for better or worse.

Salarians

Didn't you call FFXV alright at some point?
Maybe? The early hours were fun and I liked the "camping" aspect, but I didn't like the characters and the story, and I really didn't care for the combat or side quests.

As flawed as it is, I think I preferred FFXIII; the combat was fun, the story had some good concepts underneath the crummy execution, and the spectacle of it all still holds up. Fantastic soundtrack too.

LiK

It's not just this thread. I expected Persona 5 to be this huge Zeitgeist moment and instead everyone talked about the menues for a day and that was it. I'm not just talking about GAF, my Twitter bubble moved on pretty quick too.

Although I played Persona 4 Golden last year for the first time so no idea how that game got received when it came out. Maybe I'm just overestimating Persona.

And I thought FF XV was alright.
I enjoyed my time with it. I'm kinda thinking about trying FFXIII on Steam I got in one of those SE surprise boxes.

Can't talk about P5 much when Atlus sabotaged the streaming and sharing potential on social media themselves. Not many people including me care enough to use our phones to take screens of the fun stuff. Other people aren't talking about it much to avoid spoilers, imo. So many people in the OT are still playing it.

We'll need to see how it goes in a few more months. P4/P4G didn't really get a lot of attention until much later and it was primarily from word of mouth from my experience.

Meguro

Banned
Yeah it's kinda hard to twitter about P5 when Atlus could break into your house and break your copy of the game at any moment.
Anecdotally my twitter feed is full of P5 art and stuff.

I'm not normally the type to force myself to finish something I'm not into, but I really need to get through P5; P3 & 4 are two of my favorite games so I really want to have a "complete" opinion on this one. I'm excited that people are excited for it and it's awesome to see the series reaching a wider audience, but so far I'm downright bewildered at all the praise the story has gotten. Maybe it pulls it together in the back half? Hopefully? (I'm also just kind of a picky asshole when it comes to storytelling in general, so maybe it's just me, lol)

But man, once I finish up P5 and get through the last two books in my backlog (The Magicians #1 and Ancillary Justice) I'm pretty excited to dig into Nier Automata.

Didn't you call FFXV alright at some point?

It starts out great but somewhere around chapter 8 or 9 it just goes into a steep downhill before it ends more or less, great. It's just a shame because it could have been a fantastic experience all around had the execution been there all the way through. For instance, the strongest cutscene in the entire game is the post credits cutscene lol.

I also really dig the menu change and knowing the origin of the logo.

Meguro

Banned
It starts out great but somewhere around chapter 8 or 9 it just goes into a steep downhill before it ends more or less, great. It's just a shame because it could have been a fantastic experience all around had the execution been there all the way through. For instance, the strongest cutscene in the entire game is the post credits cutscene lol.

I also really dig the menu change.

I think ending the game on that was maybe the smartest thing FFXV did.

oti

Banned
I really liked the ending of FF XV. I still remember the characters and story because of it.
The story of me and my bros.
;_;

I got sidetracked from FFXV back when it came out, so at this point I'm just going to wait to play it until I get through all the recent big releases, maybe later in the summer or something. I'm kind of excited to get back to it, especially now that it'll have a half year of updates under its belt.

LiK

I really liked the ending of FF XV. I still remember the characters and story because of it.
The story of me and my bros.
;_;

I saw where they were going with it and some scenes at the end were really touching. Too bad the pacing and the way the story was presented was all over the place. Really curious how it would've went if it didn't go into development hell and had to be completely reworked.

santeesioux

How much longer do you guys think the premium sale is going to go on for? I want to wait around to see if I like the new hire before getting it again. The premium stuff right now doesn't look like it interests me that much unless Demo Derby and Game Tapes makes a come back.

No but seriously what the fuck is that last ending in TLC

It seems like the Kathryn falling down the stairs ending can split off either into her being carried out in an ambulance or them keeping her in the house as their stand in daughter.
Which is a bit fucked up considering they both had sex with her and may continue to do so!

How much longer do you guys think the premium sale is going to go on for? I want to wait around to see if I like the new hire before getting it again. The premium stuff right now doesn't look like it interests me that much unless Demo Derby and Game Tapes makes a come back.

It ends May 10th
Also Jeff said Demo Derby soon

I guess I should probably watch the whole TLC run at some point... Never even started it.

It might be the best FMVinny.

LotusHD

Banned
Persona is Persona. It's a good game but it's not gonna blow anyone away. It sticks pretty close to the formula, for better or worse.

Pretty much how I felt after beating it. I dunno, I was pretty into it at first, but mostly everything past the interrogation had me feeling "Meh" about it all.

Fuuuuuck you Amazon

Hey, at least we get $10.

Pretty much how I felt after beating it. I dunno, I was pretty into it at first, but mostly everything past the interrogation had me feeling "Meh" about it all.

I agree, except I really like everything (Giant P5 spoilers!)
after you lose to Holy Grail. The Igor twist is dope, and shooting god in the face is always great. I also like that you get to talk to everyone at the end.

LotusHD

Banned
I agree, except I really like everything (Giant P5 spoilers!)
after you lose to Holy Grail. The Igor twist is dope, and shooting god in the face is always great. I also like that you get to talk to everyone at the end.

I just dunno what it was, but basically I just reached a point where I was mostly waiting for it to end. (Probably the long ass palaces) I loved the Akechi twist, or to be more specific, the twist that they were prepared for his treachery. But his death was some super lame shit, especially with the rest of the team actually going out of their way to forgive this asshole. Like yea,
your past sounds like it sucks, but you did way too much irredeemable shit for me to forgive you, and I'm usually a pretty sympathetic person when it comes to characters like this. Igor twist was alright.

The rest, again, I was "Meh" on. The whole thing with killing God as the city cheers you on sounds dope af on paper, but as it was happening, I didn't feel any type of way about it,
other than me thinking it was kind of cheesy. (Oh yea, the localization eventually just soured things for me to a good extent.)

Made it to #3 in a PUBG game and h o l y s h i t does it suck not being able to see the outcome of the final duel. I wish you could at least look around your corpse, lol.

I really like the game, but the perfect version for me would be a bit smaller. Maybe 2/3 or 1/2 the map size, and play areas that decrease in a way that make the max round time 20 instead of 30 minutes. When I make it to the top 10, I usually have two, maybe three encounters along the way; I'd be more into something that had everyone more actively running past each other. I wind up intentionally jumping into crowded areas lately just because it's more exciting to have some (relatively) big gunfights along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom