• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

We've gone 16 pages without bringing out the small group who enjoy telling the rest of us that we're terrible people and should commit seppuku for daring to criticise aspects of Giantbomb.com, let's not ring the bell now.
Wrong, I've been here all the time. Silently judging. Sometimes not so silently.

Woo, played enough persona tonight to bang out the end of the first dungeon. Did it with 1 day to spare, unintentionally - took a while leading up to it to get the hang of how time works in the game/what takes full days to accomplish. Accidentally chewed up a few days with social links, training, and prepping lockpicks and not realizing the calling card takes up a day.

Can't wait to continue, been having a blast.

Yeah, I just finished the first dungeon as well. I think I ended up having 4 or 5 days to spare. Lots of cool changes from P4. The level design for the dungeon is good, big step up from Persona 4. I can't say too much on the characters yet, but they seem good so far. Morgana is great.

Wunder

We've gone 16 pages without bringing out the small group who enjoy telling the rest of us that we're terrible people and should commit seppuku for daring to criticise aspects of Giantbomb.com, let's not ring the bell now.

yes let's complain about UPF and keep buying t-shirts and subs instead!

repeater

I don't know if I would buy a sub from Giant Bomb. Especially not if Dans making them.
e2LmBIi.gif

hamchan said:
I'm deciding whether to resub to WWE Network or Giant Bomb.
Cloth Map all the way, baby.

Zaph

iwEGZdA.gif

--

Around 42min into the latest Jar Time there is a question about old dial-up gaming services and an alternate history TV show based on one. Anyone know the name of the show mentioned?

strafer

So guys, I could use some tips, I decided to plug in my old OG Xbox last night but the disc holder wont come out, I press the button and I hear it work but, it's like it stuck, I smacked the top a bit to see if it would come out, but nope, anyone have experience with this?

So guys, I could use some tips, I decided to plug in my old OG Xbox last night but the disc holder wont come out, I press the button and I hear it work but, it's like it stuck, I smacked the top a bit to see if it would come out, but nope, anyone have experience with this?

Happened to me a year or two ago when I wanted to dust off the old Xbox for some reason.

There should by a tiny pin hole to the top left of the power button. Jam a straightened out paperclip in there and hopefully the drive tray should pop out.

hamchan

That Playerunknown Battlegrounds finally seems like an early access survival/battle royale game that I would actually play. Seems pretty fast to get in and get to the good, tense moments that are the best parts of the genre with the minimum of bullshit.

derFeef

That Playerunknown Battlegrounds finally seems like an early access survival/battle royale game that I would actually play. Seems pretty fast to get in and get to the good, tense moments that are the best parts of the genre with the minimum of bullshit.

Played it yesterday, it's pretty great. Easy to get into and get amazing moments from the get go. I made it in the top 15 on my first try, but then never cracked top 40 again :D
Got killed by THE BLUE ZONE twice, haha.

Bacon

Isn't Battlegrounds literally the exact same thing as H1Z1's King of the Kill mode? What is the difference between the two?

Edit: Ok I did some google searching and figured it out all by myself!

Hjod

Banned

Locka ut den med kanelbullar!

I'm really enjoying the Beast style in Yakuza, finding out new heat throws all the time.

Zodzilla

iwEGZdA.gif

--

Around 42min into the latest Jar Time there is a question about old dial-up gaming services and an alternate history TV show based on one. Anyone know the name of the show mentioned?

Halt and Catch Fire.

Great show. First season is good but has issues, really picks up in the second season and excels by the end of the third.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The editing can be spotty here and there but it's generally fine to good honestly.

Though right now my problem is that, I kind of wish it's a little less... blatant?

Like it very obviously wants to send a message, but in a way I wish it's a bit more subtle, but subtle in a way that encourages more exploration of its messages instead of "this a thing that happens, and this is why it's bad, and now you must stop bad things"

Or in other words I really should have played nier after persona 5.

Not to say I'm not loving it. Definite step up from 4.

Zaph

And now we're discussing thoughts on the ending to a giant rpg that just came out? You guys don't half take the piss.

edit: no it isn't, my bad

Halt and Catch Fire.

Great show. First season is good but has issues, really picks up in the second season and excels by the end of the third.

Ah, I've heard of that show. Didn't know it was supposed to be good. Thanks

Wait, where?
The panel image above. I didn't read it but it looks a lot like spoiler one that popped up in my twitter

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean last thread some of us were taking the piss out of Mass Effect Andromeda's ending before it even came out so I guess there's that.

Mupod

P5 is an awesome game with disappointing editing.

'wouldn't die even if you killed them' is a common anime and manga expression/trope thing.

I had to google what the fuck btdubs means but it's sadly not a typo.

Anyways, I haven't really noticed any weirdness in the dialogue when actually playing, it's been totally fine for me except I grind my teeth when characters say 'prolly'.

Maybe I'm just immune to those minor oddities from years of reading sketchy VN and manga translations, I read really fast and my brain just assembles it into something that makes sense. I do wish its localization was up to the standards of Yakuza 0, but what is?

Zaph

It's just a collection of bad lines from the P5 script, no spoilers here.

Cool, my mistake.

Anyone on twitter about the game, careful with your replies. There's a panel image like the one above with a bunch of spoiler screenshots.

daveo42

Banned
I'm pretty much like Jeff when it comes to not going back to games outside of very few games. Last played DLC I did was GR2. Prior to that was Bloodborn.

Edit: Switches are still supply constrained? I saw several at my local walmart.

Hindl

I'm pretty much like Jeff when it comes to not going back to games outside of very few games. Last played DLC I did was GR2. Prior to that was Bloodborn.

Edit: Switches are still supply constrained? I saw several at my local walmart.

Keep in mind that question may have been asked right after launch and before Nintendo announced they were doubling their shipment for the year. It's still semi-hard to find but it's not constantly sold out anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom