• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Hear me out. What if the new hire was a DOG.
UPF would be the best thing ever. Always. Puppy time all the time. 10/10. GOTY.

Meguro

Banned
What does the Dog even do all day?

Edit: What is up with GAF and replies recentely?
This is the second time my reply appears ABOVE the actual post I'm replying to.

Jintor

Huh. I just realized if they hire a new editor that guy (or gal) is the replacement for Austin.

Dude left nearly a year ago.

that's fucking riddikulus.

especially considering i'm pretty sure jeff mentioned austin gave them hella notice. isn't the whole point of notice so they can try and fill that void as smoothly as possible?

corporate, man

Zocano

Beat Cop looks like a cool game that doesn't quite capture a satirical angle that made Papers, Please very intriguing narratively. The writing just seems very aggressive for no real good reason.

kingocfs

Ever since someone posted that screen of Simone holding the GB mug, I watched a lot of her stuff. She'd be a great addition, IMO.

Too bad she lives in NYC.

styl3s

I just hope the new hire injects some energy on West and has tons of ideas like Dan.
Yup.

I don't care about the persons gender or race nor does Jeff and everyone involved in the hiring process i wish we could get past this fucking argument every time a hire comes in. They aren't sitting in a room crossing off the names of non-white straight men. I, like them, care about the best person that suits that job and that's the person i and everyone else here should want.

Hjod

Banned
The new hire for GBW is Internet Dan.

I really want some play dates where Jeff B joins in, he's great and the chemistry with the Beasters is great.

I just purchased an 8TB external drive for my PS4 from Amazon. Man, it's gonna feel so good to not need to worry about space! The majority of space will be taken up by my physical games (42 of them). I've calculated that I need around 1.5 of space for them. So, I assume, with all my physical and digital games installed, I'll still have around 3-4ish TB remaining!

The new hire for GBW is Internet Dan.

I really want some play dates where Jeff B joins in, he's great and the chemistry with the Beasters is great.

I did enjoy him losing his mind in the P2 playdate.
KSE7z0H.png

I just hope the new hire isn't primarily a writer. I'm selfish but I really don't care about text on the site.

you and everybody else that consumes Giant Bomb content

maybe not the best metric, but the latest guest column has five comments on it (one of which is from Hassun, whose presence in a Giant Bomb comments section is almost a given)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
that's fucking riddikulus.

especially considering i'm pretty sure jeff mentioned austin gave them hella notice. isn't the whole point of notice so they can try and fill that void as smoothly as possible?

corporate, man

In theory but Jeff also recently said that they couldn't even begin the process to replace Drew until after he left.

TraBuch

Banned
Just so you guys know, I'm the new hire and I plan on starting a D&D podcast and a premium series where I play games with in-depth create a player features and another premium series where I play some BeamNG.drive and another where I fuck around with Skyrim mods and then I might eat some Skylanders.

Taking suggestions also.

Just so you guys know, I'm the new hire and I plan on starting a D&D podcast and a premium series where I play games with in-depth create a player features and another premium series where I play some BeamNG.drive and another where I fuck around with Skyrim mods and then I might eat some Skylanders.

Taking suggestions also.

Ooofa doofa.

Hjod

Banned

Taking suggestions also.

Please play some scary games and scream. And after about 1,5 years you could say something racist. Thank you.

styl3s

Taking suggestions also.
Korean MMO's, dating sims and a anime podcast.

Instead of Skylanders eat Nendoroids.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Taking suggestions also.

Have you heard about this game called "Minecraft"? I hear it's really popular with the kids.

Yup.

I don't care about the persons gender or race nor does Jeff and everyone involved in the hiring process i wish we could get past this fucking argument every time a hire comes in. They aren't sitting in a room crossing off the names of non-white straight men. I, like them, care about the best person that suits that job and that's the person i and everyone else here should want.

pretty neat that you have a direct line into Jeff's brain

Joeku

Yup.

I don't quite get the "best person for the job" argument, as it suggests there is a singular person that would work and that's it. They aren't filling a precise square hole. Personality and experience informing the things they would produce and participate in on the site would come to define how a potential hire would fit into the GB scheme, not the other way around. It would have been a fantastic failure if they had just tried to hire another Ryan after he passed. Unique voices and the way they interact with the crew on video and audio are what make new hires so exciting, and while that in no way precludes more straight white men...well, Peter Brown certainly eases into working with the crew, but he's kinda baby Jeff.

The Contradiction play through is great, funny as all hell, the acting, soooo good.

tumblr_o8qpl2ofzy1tx4uo1o1_400.gif

And fuck everything else, that whole thing with those two at E3 was the best running bit the site ever had. Joke got in and got out while the getting was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom