• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I don't remember people constantly pointing to the OTs when everyone was spending pages talking about Zelda, Horizon, and Nier

The Persona 5 discussion in here should be about or coming off of the GB coverage. That's not too much to ask for.

We talked about Jeff's criticism on Zelda's stamina system, Brown spoiling something significant from Nier for no apparent reason and Dan's mental gymnastics as to why MGS is more normal cool guy stuff than Persona.

Now we have an entire page dedicated to bear vs. cats. Why don't you just go to the Persona topic?

The Persona 5 discussion in here should be about or coming off of the GB coverage. That's not too much to ask for.

We talked about Jeff's criticism on Zelda's stamina system, Brown spoiling something significant from Nier for no apparent reason and Dan's mental gymnastics as to why MGS is more normal cool guy stuff than Persona.

Now we have an entire page dedicated to bear vs. cats. Why don't you just go to the Persona topic?

Legitimate answer: because all the dedicated Persona topics are full of people 70+ hours into the game who are discussing late-game stuff with not a whole lot of spoiler tags.

oti

Banned
Legitimate answer: because all the dedicated Persona topics are full of people 70+ hours into the game who are discussing late-game stuff with not a whole lot of spoiler tags.

Well, that sucks.

At least tone down the spoiler-ish talk then I guess?

Meguro

Banned
I "finished" Neir Automata today. As in a did 1 playthrough and watched the other endings on youtube.

I just... can't play the same game twice in succession like Neir wants you to do, no matter the game. And I know that multiple playthroughs are Neir's "thing", but I feel like you could execute that gimmick through clever use of cutscenes or something. But 1-2 additional playthroughs with a few new sections sprinkled throughout? Can't do it... especially with the backlog of games I have this year.

I don't wanna tell you how to use your time or anything but you really robbed yourself of a great experience from Route C onward.

Isn't there a specific spoiler thread for those discussions?

Seriously. That's a shitty excuse when we've already discussed that the Persona talk was kinda getting overbearing. There's a spoiler thread, and there's a game thread, and there's a fucking social link thread.

Spoiler Thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277784

Social Link Thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357017

Persona General Chat Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360880

There's a litter of picks for you. GB isn't doing an endurance run for P5, and they won't until Atlus gets their heads out of their asses, and even then it won't recreate the P4 run. It never will.

I "finished" Neir Automata today. As in a did 1 playthrough and watched the other endings on youtube.

I just... can't play the same game twice in succession like Neir wants you to do, no matter the game. And I know that multiple playthroughs are Neir's "thing", but I feel like you could execute that gimmick through clever use of cutscenes or something. But 1-2 additional playthroughs with a few new sections sprinkled throughout? Can't do it... especially with the backlog of games I have this year.

It's only one additional play through, everything else after that is completely new. And you can get through route B in a few hours.

We can talk about games in here. Its a community thread. We are a community talking about things a community talks about.

By all means people should be respectful about spoilers and stuff but trying to stamp out Persona talk basically comes across like...

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT NEIR IN THE GAINT BOMB THREAD! THIS IS THE GIANT BOMB TREAD FOR ONLY GIANT BOMB STUFF!

We can talk about games in here. Its a community thread. We are a community talking about things a community talks about.

By all means people should be respectful about spoilers and stuff but trying to stamp out Persona talk basically comes across like...

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT NEIR IN THE GAINT BOMB THREAD! THIS IS THE GIANT BOMB TREAD FOR ONLY GIANT BOMB STUFF!

I don't see a whole page talking about 9S and which sidekick was better from all the NIer games.

Bacon

Maybe y'all should contact a mod if it bothers you that much and let them be the judge of things instead of constantly complaining.

Seriously. That's a shitty excuse when we've already discussed that the Persona talk was kinda getting overbearing. There's a spoiler thread, and there's a game thread, and there's a fucking social link thread.

Actually I'm just asking due to the response of all the threads having straight up spoilers, which shouldn't be the case for at least one of them aka the OT.

As for discussions in here i don't think anything is wrong but it seems to somehow devolve into ER discussions after its already been addressed or waifu/anime stuff which the thread tries to act like they are above lol

Maybe y'all should contact a mod if it bothers you that much and let them be the judge of things instead of constantly complaining.

There's already been precedent for a mod taking action against turning a community into a random chat room.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171351464&postcount=9

Actually, we locked your off-topic chat room for what's gotta be the third or fourth time now because we're fed up with dealing with you guys. Since Ghaleon is a masochist with a soft spot for you guys we're trying to sort something out. I guess you couldn't spend a few hours actually playing Halo before you started complaining and thus dragging your drama elsewhere on the forum. Gee, thanks.

Catvoca

Banned
People were talking about RE7 last page, and people are talking about Nier now. I feel like you can't complain about there being Persona talk in here without saying all talk of games outside of a GB connection is off-limits, which I personally am against since I like shooting the shit with people in this thread. People should be respectful about spoilers of course, but I haven't felt like anyone's crossed that line with regards to P5.

Back on topic, it's been a while since we got a Brad-ass Quicklook but my god that Styx video is unwatchable.

Jeff has said multiple times there's no interest in an Endurance Run for it.

Right and this isn't an MGR situation where they're saving all the episodes for a drop. The contention that Atlus has for streaming the game just doesn't make it viable for GB to do a run, especially with how Atlus is acting regarding streaming. They wouldn't want to deal with a possible cease and desist sent to CBS.
People were talking about RE7 last page, and people were talking about Nier now. I feel like you can't complain about there being Persona talk in here without saying all talk of games outside of a GB connection is off-limits, which I personally am against since I like shooting the shit with people in this thread. People should be respectful about spoilers of course, but I haven't felt like anyone's crossed that line with regards to P5.

The difference is, nier and re7 are one off mentions, whilst persona is literally a page going onto another page talking about some stupid dog or cat or whatever.

Holy crap, you're doing the thing where the complainers become more annoying than the ones being complained about.

I personally don't care about persona talk, but when other people take ire to it in a GB thread, I will always be on the other persons side. We already talked about this once before as well, and I don't like to tread twice into it, so that's extra annoying that we have to go through this again.

There's already been precedent for a mod taking action against turning a community into a random chat room.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171351464&postcount=9

I dunno man. That just sounds like some parts Halo GAF was pulling some shit and the mods got sick off it.

That happens. I know PopGAF and WrassleGAF have been shut down when things got rowdy from time to time in those threads.

If its genuinely something people have issue with then contact a mod. Personally. I am totally fine with it. Especially on the weekend. In the grand scheme of things talking about too much about Persona is waaaay better then most weekends here. Just keep it fun, playful and mark spoilers accordingly.

xanavi

I don't like reading the OT until I've finished a game. I don't mind reading about games I haven't finished from you guys though. :3

It's kind of fascinating to see how Microsoft is handling Scorpio stuff so far, all the Digital Foundry stories and whatnot. The "enthusiast" segment of the console market never really seems to get directly catered to like this. I wonder how well it'll translate into actual sales.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Best new character 2017:

Internet Dan or Snob Bakalar?

Internet Dan is just Dan though. And Dan is hardly a new character. Even new Dan is now more like old Dan again.

Just noticed the Panzer playdate. Can we just adopt Peter Brown already?

Since Peter Brown is now the new GS guy the GB guys hang out with he will probably leave Gamespot in a month or so.

ArjanN

It confuses me why people make this incorrect assumption, despite pretty much everyone who played the game going out of their their way to stress this is not the case.

I choose to believe Internet Dan is actually a subconscious coping mechanism. A few more hours of Drawn to Death and Dan will realize he is the true moster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
god damn the amount of yall complaining about what people are talking about here on the regular is worrisome

like get your priorities straight. jesus christ.

Since Peter Brown is now the new GS guy the GB guys hang out with he will probably leave Gamespot in a month or so.

If he wanted to start a channel similar to gaming historian I'd be down for that, for me personally GameSpot is done, too much of a revolving door place for me to get invested in their shows now.

Mr. F

Banned
I wish I found it easier to get into Danny's stuff. I admire what he's doing but have always found his narration/presenter voice super annoying and not QUITE what I would want to hear -- especially for longform CONtent.

kai3345

Banned
looks like the editor position was removed from the cbsi careers listings. so im guessing that means they found someone.

associate producer is still up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom