• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
UFG is shut down and all but I'm kind of surprised Sony's never tried to fund another ModNation Racers

there's a lot of potential there.

TraBuch

Banned
Jeff has been questioning this line of thinking, multiple times this year. The rule is getting axed.
Congrats to PUBG for GOTY.
So basically, the rule was only there because he didn't like any early access games enough for them to be on the list, but the moment an early access game comes out and he really digs it, the rule no longer applies.

Talk about a lack of integrity. Kurt Angle frowns upon Jeff and Giant Bomb as a whole.

BTA

Wait, danganronpa v3 is releasing today?

Whaaaaaaa.

Nah, it's out in a month.

There's just a demo out now. I played it through a few hours ago; it's maybe an hour long and has pretty much nothing to do with the actual game beyond briefly introducing the characters and the map locations you're in. The introductions are certainly different/cut short (though likely not out of character) because absolutely nothing about the setting is explained. It walks you through some new trial mechanics but nothing in it story-wise is in the final game. It will probably spoil you on a thing from 2 if you haven't played that but there's no real context given for it so it's actually easy to miss. A couple characters from 1 and 2 are around because the whole thing is a joke about 1's demo (which has no official English version).

I sorta regret having played it because though it was fun (and the new BGM is rad) it just reminded me how slow those intro chapters can be and now I've played basically played half of an extra intro chapter a month before a new one, welp.

TraBuch

Banned
So the Giant Bomb GOTY awards is just the Money in the Bank briefcase. Bullshit rules are arbitrarily made up whenever they feel like. I'm fucking tired of this. How does it make any sense that Baron Corbin cashed in his briefcase and had to fucking wait until Jinder was on his feet when other wrestlers have just cashed in their shit and pinned the champion without him ever having to get on his feet? What the fuck is wrong with this world? Show some fucking continuity. Stop just changing the rules.

God I hate wrestling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, it's out in a month.

There's just a demo out now. I played it through a few hours ago; it's maybe an hour long and has pretty much nothing to do with the actual game beyond briefly introducing the characters and the map locations you're in. The introductions are certainly different/cut short (though likely not out of character) because absolutely nothing about the setting is explained. It walks you through some new trial mechanics but nothing in it story-wise is in the final game. It will probably spoil you on a thing from 2 if you haven't played that but there's no real context given for it so it's actually easy to miss. A couple characters from 1 and 2 are around because the whole thing is a joke about 1's demo (which has no official English version).

I sorta regret having played it because though it was fun (and the new BGM is rad) it just reminded me how slow those intro chapters can be and now I've played basically played half of an extra intro chapter a month before a new one, welp.

Ah alright, I must have been confused about a post.

Ashby

Abby must have been as shit of a film student as Dan seeing as how she doesn't understand that getting across a "point" isn't the sole purpose of a scene.

Ashby

"There's no reason for the scenes to be this long!" *get super hype when the protracted calm gets suddenly interrupted by a moment of action* What is tempo

GOTY, as it stands.

1. PUBG
2. Zelda
3. Horizon
4. Nier
5. Injustice 2
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hellblade
9. Night in the Woods
10. Splatoon 2

Prove me wrong.

Antiwhippy

GOTY, as it stands.

1. PUBG
2. Zelda
3. Horizon
4. Nier
5. Injustice 2
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hellblade
9. Night in the Woods
10. Splatoon 2

Prove me wrong.

Look, I love nier.

You're off your rocker if you put in 4.

Also the rest looks questionable at best.

GOTY, as it stands.

1. PUBG
2. Zelda
3. Horizon
4. Nier
5. Injustice 2
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hellblade
9. Night in the Woods
10. Splatoon 2

Prove me wrong.
Hellblade and resident evil will be booted off for Mario + Rabbids and Odyssey. I don't know if anyone is even still playing Injustice.

Hellblade and resident evil will be booted off for Mario + Rabbids and Odyssey. I don't know if anyone is even still playing Injustice.
It's only as it stands- anything from Five downwards is in danger of coming off at year's end (although I could see NITW or Hellblade getting in a la Invisible Inc.)

I do not want to assume that Giant Bomb gives a 3D Mario its dues, at any rate.
PUBG ain't winning
You're a crazy person.

I wish it wasn't true, but there's nothing else that's got so many people so badly. It's not even going to be a fight.
Zelda wont be in top 5
No game has affected anyone as strongly as Zelda affected Dan, and Brad raved about it enough to push it up. It'd be the runaway favourite were it not for PUBG.
Nier and Yakuza will absolutely not end up in their list
Probably not Yakuza when all is said and done, but Alex will not allow Nier to drop off the list.

Antiwhippy

Nier and Yakuza will absolutely not end up in their list

On blue bombin' alex considered it to be one he might consider a masterpiece.

Ben really likes it.

10, 9, 8 is pretty much for people's various passion picks at this point.

It will absolutely be on the list.

Just not at 4.

kingocfs

Zelda wont be in top 5

2543595-0836186284-Jeff..gif

Top Bottom