• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTA

I hope Get in the Ring is just goofy custom character matches or something. I’m not into wrestling but that would be fun at least, and I could use something light like that this week.

If it’s just serious wrestling stuff that’s not as appealing.

old video games are dumb and so is talking about ways in which scanlines can look better

This is a trick post, isn't it? Scanlines can't look better if they are terrible and worthless to begin with. I've never understood the point of scanlines. I think they lessen the image more than anything else. Sure SOME games can look a tiny bit better because of the pixel art, but most scanlines are just dimmed black lines across the image, it doesn't replicate an actual refresh rate.

Also, no old video games aren't dumb. I enjoy all video games, I have a reverence for older video games, because it's what I grew up with, but I also play tons of newer games as well. I've been playing and collecting games sine I was 3 back in 1988. Are some older games terribly designed and have poor mechanics and stories and just unfun to play? Sure, but so are TONS of new games too. You can't blanket statement "old games are bad" because I'd say the ratio of bad games old vs new is much higher with the newer games (mostly because there are WAY more and Unity, mobile & Steam and become a breading ground for stupid one off quick cash in games).

That, and what do you define as a "old game" are you talking Atari 2600? Commodore 64? Nes? SNES? Playstation? Playstation 2? Old games can mean anything until you define it. I'd say the older original video games back in the Atari days, before the NES aren't very good now, but again, back then it was incredible and brand new. Even if it was before my time, I still can look back and appreciate them. I just get upset when someone says something is bad just because it's old. Being old doesn't mean it's instantly bad, nor does being new mean its instantly good. You have to look at not jut the item itself, but also the time it was out and did it do anything innovative or not. Did it break new ground in the medium. Blanket statements like "old games are dumb" just show ignorance and stubbornness more than anything else.

Lari

I thought Get in the Ring would be a whole feature dedicated to them telling off all the journalists who wrote bad stuff about them and repeating over and over how much they hate those people and how they're gonna kick their ass.

Lari

Boy was yesterday disappointing, hows everyone doing today?

Still recovering from yesterday, tbh.

I had to take a cat I had adopted earlier this year to the vet to be euthanized. She had a degenerative disease and it reached a point where she was suffering way too much.

Necro

Banned
Still recovering from yesterday, tbh.

I had to take a cat I had adopted earlier this year to the vet to be euthanized. She had a degenerative disease and it reached a point where she was suffering way too much.

That blows hardcore man I'm so sorry, I adopted a cat as well earlier this year id be heartbroken if i had to put her down. <3

Hmm, I'm not into wrestling so this series might not be for me BUT I'm happy for those who are. Y'all are finally gonna get your due in some form.
Boy was yesterday disappointing, hows everyone doing today?

I am doing really good. Just been meeting up with family and friends throughout the last few days ever since I came back to my hometown. Going to travel again though in about 2 or so months after I extend my visa and do other related paperwork.

XSOsEtz.jpg

Rorie tweet

TheSun

I thought Get in the Ring would be a whole feature dedicated to them telling off all the journalists who wrote bad stuff about them and repeating over and over how much they hate those people and how they're gonna kick their ass.

In the name of the ring: a giant beastcast tale.

But yeah, im really not into wrestling these days at all, so I'll skip this wrestling thingy.

WWE game by Yukes is bad. News at 11.

I honestly don't understand how anyone thinks it's going to be even remotely good if it has Yukes as the devs. How do people NOT understand this yet? it's been over a decade of this. This is nothing new or different. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. If it has Yukes name on it, the only thing you can except is that it's going to be bug filled and terrible and control the same it did today that it did a decade ago and also somehow look worse. It's 100% on the fault of the player at this point if you feel "duped" into buying a bad game. The game could be called "WWE: This is-the-same-trash-bad-game-2K19" and if you buy it, you only have yourself to blame.

I honestly don't understand how anyone thinks it's going to be even remotely good if it has Yukes as the devs. How do people NOT understand this yet? it's been over a decade of this. This is nothing new or different. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. If it has Yukes name on it, the only thing you can except is that it's going to be bug filled and terrible and control the same it did today that it did a decade ago and also somehow look worse. It's 100% on the fault of the player at this point if you feel "duped" into buying a bad game. The game could be called "WWE: This is-the-same-trash-bad-game-2K19" and if you buy it, you only have yourself to blame.
Hey, they're making a new EDF.

At least that has a reason to be bug-filled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom