• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last movie I saw at the theater was the remaster of Terminator 2 in 3D. It was fantastic and the film looked stunning. The bluray is dropping this month!
I can’t. I just can’t. Watched 5 seconds and closed it. I felt so bad for the people working there. Jesus.

good to see I wasnt the only one who didnt realize a new thread was posted
i can't believe i missed this thread for 10 pages
Just realized there was a new thread after spending 2 days in the last one wondering why there were like 5 posts a day... Oops.

In other news, went to Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses tonight. It was awesome, highly recommend it if anyone has a chance to go and enjoys the series.

I mean, I posted a link and said new thread. Joeku did the same as well so, I’m surprised y’all missed it. Also, hell yessss Symphony of the Goddesses was damn awesome.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For years now I've stopped watching anime and it's been good, clean living.

Recently picked up the my hero academia manga thigh and it's good

Wunder

Last movie I saw at the theater was the remaster of Terminator 2 in 3D. It was fantastic and the film looked stunning. The bluray is dropping this month!

I can’t. I just can’t. Watched 5 seconds and closed it. I felt so bad for the people working there. Jesus.

I mean, I posted a link and said new thread. Joeku did the same as well so, I’m surprised y’all missed it. Also, hell yessss Symphony of the Goddesses was damn awesome.

I require a direct PM

robotrock

Banned

I apologize, I keep on bumping the old thread because other people keep bumping it. I'm sure it adds to the confusion. If NeoGAF had an ignore thread option I would use the hell out of it for stuff like this and spoiler threads.

Also awesome. The Zelda show is coming to Boston in a couple of weeks, tickets are still available. Might have to go in.

I like rick and morty, but most of the humour is a combination of South Park and family guy.When compared to other similar shows, Bojack horseman is significantly better than rick and morty.

daveo42

Banned
did you just spoil ID-0 for me

literally just started watching it god damnit

It's something that is super obvious in the first episode and is covered relatively early in the series...like episode 2 or 3. There's way more to the show than just that.

For years now I've stopped watching anime and it's been good, clean living.

Recently picked up the my hero academia manga thigh and it's good

What's manga thigh? Is it thighs you get from sitting down and reading too much manga? I agree with jintor, you just swapped addictions.

Antiwhippy

It's something that is super obvious in the first episode and is covered relatively early in the series...like episode 2 or 3. There's way more to the show than just that.

What's manga thigh? Is it thighs you get from sitting down and reading too much manga? I agree with jintor, you just swapped addictions.

Thighs have always been an obsession.

Though in this case it's stupid Swype keyboards.

Yeah, that ID-0 thing is something that seemed clear from the moment the girl + academic miners hopped into their soul into the machine pods in the first 10 minutes, the rest of the episode only made that clearer.

Jintor

I don't particularly recall individual tracks from BOTW, but the overall impression i have is that it would make a good overture.

I'm seeing the Symphony at the end of the month. Should be good.

Joeku

That PT ending sure is a bummer. Wow what a game that could have been.

But now we get to have a Kojima game without the sullying and mitigating creative influences of Guillermo del Toro and Junji Ito, or an established series identity to play off of in Silent Hill. Now he gets to do whatever he wants with no restraints or restrictions at all! Superb!

fancymofoyvyvx.gif

The main theme is amazing, you Dilettant.

Y'know, in the West people are becoming re-introduced to the word "dotard", but I feel like "dilettante" is way more fun to use.

derFeef

But now we get to have a Kojima game without the sullying and mitigating creative influences of Guillermo del Toro and Junji Ito, or an established series identity to play off of in Silent Hill. Now he gets to do whatever he wants with no restraints or restrictions at all! Superb!

I am shaking of excitement.

Antiwhippy

They should just have a solo accordian whenever the botw section is.

he gets to do whatever he wants with no

Y'know, in the West people are becoming re-introduced to the word "dotard", but I feel like "dilettante" is way more fun to use.

That's a mean thing to call brad.

oti

Banned

fancymofoyvyvx.gif

I don't expect Sony to offer him unlimited resources for his game. And I would've really loved to see a horror game by Kojima. That sounds more exciting to me than Death Stranding. That game could be a management sim for what we know right now.

Joeku

I don't expect Sony to offer him unlimited resources for his game. And I would've really loved to see a horror game by Kojima. That sounds more exciting to me than Death Stranding. That game could be a management sim for what we know right now.

The most disappointing thing would be if it's just a stealth-action shooter with a creepy oilpunk aesthetic. I really hope it isn't that.

Edit: And I disagree, I expect Sony to offer him unlimited resources. They let The Last Guardian take ten years and who knows how many millions; they'll give Kojima whatever he wants.

oti

Banned
The most disappointing thing would be if it's just a stealth-action shooter with a creepy oilpunk aesthetic. I really hope it isn't that.

Edit: And I disagree, I expect Sony to offer him unlimited resources. They let The Last Guardian take ten years and who knows how many millions; they'll give Kojima whatever he wants.

Eh. I'm sure they're opening up their porte-monnaie a bit more than usual for Kojima, but usually Sony wants more control for their investment and they also want the rights to the IP. Last Guardian at some point must've been more about Japanese honour than good business.

Joeku

Eh. I'm sure they're opening up their porte-monnaie a bit more than usual for Kojima, but usually Sony wants more control for their investment and they also want the rights to the IP. Last Guardian at some point must've been more about Japanese honour than good business.

I want to make some version of the "I'm an expert" post, but instead I'll just say that if there's any name you can put on a box and push at trade shows and make amazing bank, it's Kojima's, for better or worse. Whatever Death Stranding is, Sony is going to put money behind selling it and it's going to sell amazingly well. That makes me think they'll put enough money into making it that it'll have the budget that KojiPro needs.

If he doesn't get his head too far up his ass also, that game should probably come out some time in 2019, I'd hope, so I'd expect
read: hope, dear Jesus
that we start getting gameplay trailers of some sort at the end of this year or at least by E3 next year.

Eh dishonoured is still like weird steampunk to me.

Dieselpunk would be shit like Wolfenstein.

That's why I said oilpunk/dieselpunk is like steampunk, they're all riding that vaguely turn-of-the-century + weird pre-microprocessor fantastical technological line.

And new Wolfenstein is just straight up retro-futurism. Considering it's nazis, though, that looks kind of like brutalism in the concrete and kinda mech-y in the armour.

oti

Banned
I want to make some version of the "I'm an expert" post, but instead I'll just say that if there's any name you can put on a box and push at trade shows and make amazing bank, it's Kojima's, for better or worse. Whatever Death Stranding is, Sony is going to put money behind selling it and it's going to sell amazingly well. That makes me think they'll put enough money into making it that it'll have the budget that KojiPro needs.

If he doesn't get his head too far up his ass also, that game should probably come out some time in 2019, I'd hope, so I'd expect
read: hope, dear Jesus
that we start getting gameplay trailers of some sort at the end of this year or at least by E3 next year.
It would be pretty hilarious if Sony started to be just as frustrated with Kojima as Konami was, though.

Joeku

It would be pretty hilarious if Sony started to be just as frustrated with Kojima as Konami though.

Like, fuck Konami and all that, but I totally do get the frustration. Based on how nearly-final early MGSV trailers looked, so much work must have went into the game that eventually got tossed so what was left could be frankensteined together into what the game actually was that I kind of get why they wanted to excise him (beyond their desire to get out of traditional console gaming in general, of course). This is why I feel like he always needs co-writers and people keeping him on a leash. Post-MGS3 Kojima runs rampant with ideas to the point that it becomes a detriment to the end products.

danm999

The joke in the show is he did some dumb shit to avoid going to family therapy

basically all the daft R&M gags are jokes at the expense of Rick's inability to act like a normal self-caring person, which says it all about the fanbase really

The episode ends with him getting absolutely demolished by a therapist who points out all his intelligence and wacky adventures are a cry for help from a man terrified and broken from the thought of trying to have a genuine human connection with his daughter.

It is the crowd who idolise Tony Soprano and Walter White as badasses getting it abso-fucking-lutely wrong once again.

Joeku

The episode ends with him getting absolutely demolished by a therapist who points out all his intelligence and wacky adventures are a cry for help from a man terrified and broken from the thought of trying to have a genuine human connection with his daughter.

It is the crowd who idolise Tony Soprano and Walter White as badasses getting it abso-fucking-lutely wrong once again.

derFeef

Pretty much.
"HEY JOKES!"
"WHAT? SHOW HAS SOMETHING TO SAY? UH.... JOKES!"

Like, fuck Konami and all that, but I totally do get the frustration. Based on how nearly-final early MGSV trailers looked, so much work must have went into the game that eventually got tossed so what was left could be frankensteined together into what the game actually was that I kind of get why they wanted to excise him (beyond their desire to get out of traditional console gaming in general, of course). This is why I feel like he always needs co-writers and people keeping him on a leash. Post-MGS3 Kojima runs rampant with ideas to the point that it becomes a detriment to the end products.
I think it was all a gambit to get him out of being roped into doing more Metal Gears. "You're really gonna let me do pop singing tanks in the 70s culminating in a fight with a little girl who's not a little girl in her underwear? Alright, I guess I gotta try something else." So we got V and Konami axing the Jima.

Necro

Banned
How much destiny is in the latest upf or how many games with a ton of microtransactions did brad defend this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom