• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bioware-writer_praising_twilight.jpg

Really makes me hope Witcher 2 does well enough on xbox that people who weren't mad about Bioware writing go, 'WTF'. I'm not trying to say Witcher 2's got a billion times better writing, but it's definitely real writing. For me, it made me get extra mad at Dragon Age 2

Doomshine

While we are talking about Klepek, what do you guys think are the chances of him finishing that follow-up article to the Cross Assault drama?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
also it doesn't matter either way. it's 15 minutes is long since over. People don't care, outside of being able to say "u said u would, but u didn't. lololo gaems journalisms".

chiablo

Is it just me or does Brad look like Carl Pilkington's twin?

50353_10997635685_5734621_n.jpg

I got flamed to hell and back for making this observation.

BRAD TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE KARL PILKINGTON!!

Was watching some jar times this week.

Tonight they had that episode of South Park on where people from San Francisco where all sniffing there own farts.... Reminded me about Jeff going on about how the internet is going to destroy old media and how he is proud to be a small part of the next wave in entertainment.

Other then that observation I still like the Jar Time videos.

I still think its impressive he can talk to himself for 2 hours.

Patryn

Bah, they haven't archived the Breaking Brad: Doom 2 yet? Is there an archive on justin.tv or something?

Friday night subscriber videos tend to not show up until mid-afternoon on Monday.

It makes sense when you think about all the work needed to encode and upload the thing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The ME article and the 360 hacks article makes me wonder why Patrick even bothers at all. As others have said they always come across as "soft" journalism, never wanting to offend the interviewee and always leaving it as an open ended question at the end. It's terrible.

I hope he stops trying to act like a serious investigative journalist, which he clearly doesn't want to do, and go back to stuff that's actually unique and fresh like his previous works.

Hah, I watched the Burnout TNT last night and when Patrick got his bear Jeff was like "We're advocating underage drinking." and a second later he had to clarify that he meant coolbaby and not Patrick. Seemed like Jeff genuinely didn't mean to tease Patrick, but as soon as he said the words he realized there was only one way one could interpret what he just said. Feels like Patrick gets that a lot recently.

So its April 1st and we can go back to normal right?

The hole CBSi thing was a big joke and Monday they are all back in the old office with tested and everything.
Right?

RIGHT?

:( I really hope it works out alright

derFeef

Hah, I watched the Burnout TNT last night and when Patrick got his bear Jeff was like "We're advocating underage drinking." and a second later he had to clarify that he meant coolbaby and not Patrick. Seemed like Jeff genuinely didn't mean to tease Patrick, but as soon as he said the words he realized there was only one way one could interpret what he just said. Feels like Patrick gets that a lot recently.

WHAT? Need to watch now ;-)

The game looked shit anyway. Burnout Revenge is an infinitely better game so I'm glad they pretty much went straight to it.

A dude in the GAF F1 2011 league got in for BR, I noticed. He crashed just as much as he does in our league races ;)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The game looked shit anyway. Burnout Revenge is an infinitely better game so I'm glad they pretty much went straight to it.

Really? The TNT reminded me, if anything, just how far we've come this gen. I know Revenge was technically a last-gen up-port, but it looked really awful.

Jeff's driving didn't do the game any favours, either.

Kwixotik

Can anyone explain to me what exactly an Endurance Run is? I googled, urban dictionary'd, Wiki'd, searched, and I can't come up with a clear description.

Patryn

Can anyone explain to me what exactly an Endurance Run is? I googled, urban dictionary'd, Wiki'd, searched, and I can't come up with a clear description.

It's just the GB guys playing through the entirety of a game while commenting on the action.

It was originally called that because they weren't sure they'd finish Persona 4, so they wanted to seem how much Vinny could endure before stopping. Turns out he really liked the game, so he and Jeff finished it.

It's like a Quick Look of an entire game, start to finish, broken up into ~30-60 minute chunks recorded about once a day. It's basically a Let's Play.

Well, the original idea behind Persona 4 was to see how far they could make it before they got sick of the game and quit, actually. But then they ended up loving the game and saw it through to the end. Or at least, that's how it was originally pitched to the audience, as I recall.

Also, my understanding is that, again, the original idea was to play about an hour a day, but towards the end of Persona they apparently started recording an entire week's worth of videos on Monday and then cutting up that seven hour play session and posting them daily. I believe I remember Jeff or Vinny even stating that sometimes they'd even keep playing through Tuesday if they needed to have two weeks worth of episodes stored up because of holidays or industry events.

Thomper

So its April 1st and we can go back to normal right?

The hole CBSi thing was a big joke and Monday they are all back in the old office with tested and everything.
Right?

RIGHT?

:( I really hope it works out alright
What's there to worry? It seems like stuff has been working out pretty well so far. We've had more office videos than ever, a weekly (long) subscriber video, and plenty of quick looks. The only difference is that the Tested-guys aren't in the same office anymore, but I'm sure that once things have settled down they'll show up for a TNT or something. So far the move has seemed fine to me.

Megasoum

Banned
Sigh, I guess I really got to watch the P4 Endurance run at some point. It's the only GB content I haven't see (I watched all the other ER). I love the guys so I'm sure I would find it funny but I have absolutly zero interest in P4.... I guess I'll have to give it a try at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom