• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
If it makes you feel any better, just check out all the positive comments the last couple pages due to anticipation of a video where you put yourself though a hard as hell game for a few hours straight.

That's the stuff that keeps me going. :D

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
For what it's worth, anyone who is still getting upset about whether or not you're tearing through games is just as bad as the guy from the Kasavin video someone posted a little while ago.

Everyone thinks they're god damned creepy.

AColdDay

Brad being "bad" at games are part of the reason he is compelling to watch. I hate that people are assholes that get him down, but time to death is honestly part of the joy of watching a Brad QL. I would be kind of bummed out if he got really good at games.

Dis gunna be gurd.

Edit: UV isn't the hardest difficulty? Man, I never knew that. I thought it was when I was doing it.

Edit 2: I got so lost on this level. Fucking SHIT level.

I'm glad he's going to be saving. It will be more fun to watch this way.

Edit: Yeah, this level sucks as much as I remember it sucking. Spent ages running around it. Jeff is so right about the level design. Doom > Doom 2. No contest.

The shit level design has been the only challenge so far.

I would honestly put this in a list of worst levels ever. I can't remember any other level in D2 other than this one - which says a lot!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
the quake games have good level design right?

that fps level design now/then image still totes legit.

Doom 1 has good level design too. They were maze like, but not an absolute twat to navigate like the D2 levels.

For the most part in Doom 1 you knew where you had to go next.

This is painful to watch. :(

And it's totally not Brad's fault cos I played this level the same way. It's unfortunate, but understandable, his last save was here.

chiablo

I have a HUGE amount of respect for Vinny keeping this information private and not blathering about it all over the site and on the bombcast. I know it is a huge step in his life, but it is a completely singular event that only affects Vinny and those who are personally close. The exact opposite is Gary Whitta on Tested, lately it seems entire sections of the podcast are dedicated to his unborn child... ಠ_ಠ

Congratulations on the baby Vinny, and thanks for being humble!

Mahonay

Banned
This Doom II Breaking Bad is fucking fantastic. I've only been able to watch on and off but I can't wait to watch the archive.

Brad's plan to go forward on this level seems to be walking in circles in the big open space while being killed by the endless horde. It doesn't seem to be working so well.

It's crazy that people think that way. Even if someone could prove they were better than you at games, even just in general, how do they think that then means they're a better critic? People are ridiculous.

The very reason those people are better at games than Brad, is also why they aren't reviewers/critics or whatever. While all those people were busy getting real good at video games, Brad & company were probably working on the things that actually lead to becoming a part of the enthusiast press. It may seem somewhat odd, but coming home and playing games everyday ignores most of what goes into becoming part of the gaming press.

It did seem strange to me at first when I realized that I was better at games than almost all the gaming press. Then I noticed that I was better than almost all gaming developers. Then I put it all together and realized that of course I'm better than all of them, I spent all my time playing, while they spent a ton of time working towards getting into their chosen career.

20/20 hindsight.

Dany

Banned
I have a HUGE amount of respect for Vinny keeping this information private and not blathering about it all over the site and on the bombcast. I know it is a huge step in his life, but it is a completely singular event that only affects Vinny and those who are personally close. The exact opposite is Gary Whitta on Tested, lately it seems entire sections of the podcast are dedicated to his unborn child... ಠ_ಠ

Congratulations on the baby Vinny, and thanks for being humble!

Yeah, the approach the two have taken with a child are radically different and I commend Vinny with the way he went about it.

I have a beautiful image of chiablo learning his girlfriend/wife is pregnant and going "cya in 9 months".

Removing friends seems a bit extreme. I agree Whitta is annoying about it, but then again anything he says is annoying because he's an annoying person. It is possible for people to be expecting and not be annoying about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom