• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's actually matured a lot as a host, look at that and how comfortable he is now in front of the camera. He could literally host a show about anything.

Here is a slightly less magical GIF that I just made
yj5cs.gif

the gifs coming out of this thread are phenomenal.

Jb

He's actually matured a lot as a host, look at that and how comfortable he is now in front of the camera. He could literally host a show about anything.

True, he's probably the best podcast host that I know of, as well as an excellent interviewer.

I'm currently moving shit from my 2tb HDD because I have too much GB and it's nearly full. Nearly 2tb of Giant Bomb!

I need to buy a new HDD soon. Who knew a total of 5tb wouldn't be enough.

Gomu Gomu

Just finished watching the latest Happy Hour, and it was HILARIOUS
KuGsj.gif
. Definitely The best Happy Hour they ever made, if not one of their best live shows ever.

The only ER I have is the most recent one. My girlfriend streamed the Persona one when she watched that thankfully!

I have hundreds of QL, all of their videos from the features tab (random vids, mailbags, GOTY, etc etc), every Happy Hour, all of the TNTs, rips from their JustinTV channel, all of their other subscriber content... All in HD, of course.

Basically, I could sit in a cave for a year and only watch GB content.

... that'd be a good year.

gb1epb9.jpg

Basically, if I'm using my bandwidth on GB, I'm going to download it so I don't need to use more bandwidth when I want to watch something again!

The only ER I have is the most recent one. My girlfriend streamed the Persona one when she watched that thankfully!

I have hundreds of QL, all of their videos from the features tab (random vids, mailbags, GOTY, etc etc), every Happy Hour, all of the TNTs, rips from their JustinTV channel, all of their other subscriber content... All in HD, of course.

Basically, I could sit in a cave for a year and only watch GB content.

... that'd be a good year.

gb1epb9.jpg

Basically, if I'm using my bandwidth on GB, I'm going to download it so I don't need to use more bandwidth when I want to watch something again!

I've been kind of doing this, because I like to watch them on another screen while I do things on my PC. I was hoping the Xbox Youtube app would've saved me some effort, but it's really not worth using.

I only have the JV Deadly Premonition ER and the Persona 4 ER. I don't have Brad and Ryan's, or the Chrono Trigger one saved, and I doubt I will.

Yuripaw

Banned
I only have the JV Deadly Premonition ER and the Persona 4 ER. I don't have Brad and Ryan's, or the Chrono Trigger one saved, and I doubt I will.

Yeah, same here. I actually haven't watched BR's Deadly Premonition ER. Was it any good? I watched a few episodes, but could never get into it as much as JV. JV just make such a better team for the ER.

kylej

Banned
this has no relation to anything in the thread but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it; random old comment in the first Skyrim marathon video on YouTube.

aaaaa.png

so good

Yeah, same here. I actually haven't watched BR's Deadly Premonition ER. Was it any good? I watched a few episodes, but could never get into it as much as JV. JV just make such a better team for the ER.

The end is really good. The final boss fight for Brad is just hysterical. Really, a classic "brad"

now Im watching old gamespot videos.

Why the hell did gamespot did a individual video review for each version of tony hawk 3?

They have separate video reviews for the ps3,ps1,GC,Xbox and PC versions.

Jeff did the ps2/xbox and gamecube reviews. Ryan did the ps1 review and Greg did the pc one.

It is a 10.0 game after all but still..... thats a lot of video reviews

tsigo

this has no relation to anything in the thread but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it; random old comment in the first Skyrim marathon video on YouTube.

aaaaa.png

so good

God I still remember the fallout from that. It was delicious.

Yuripaw

Banned
Are any other premium members having the same problem I have been lately with giantbomb download speeds? I've been having it for several days now, and am still having it. Trying to download some of those BR deadly premonition ER episodes that I didn't catch, and my download speeds are not going any faster then 60-70kbps. My internet speed is up to 10mbps, and I've usually gotten about 800kbps from my giantbomb downloads before.

This past week, with quick looks I've tried downloading, and these ERs now, I'm going nuts. I can't wait 2 hours for one thing to download.

I've been kind of doing this, because I like to watch them on another screen while I do things on my PC. I was hoping the Xbox Youtube app would've saved me some effort, but it's really not worth using.

I just have an hdmi cable going from my pc to tv and use a wireless keyboard with built in trackpad to navigate :)

I just TVersity to stream them to my 360/PS3. I do have my PC hooked up to TV via HDMI, but I use that for gaming etc (or video files that my consoles can't play due to codecs).

Having all the GB content on your TV in HD is glorious.

Are any other premium members having the same problem I have been lately with giantbomb download speeds? I've been having it for several days now, and am still having it. Trying to download some of those BR deadly premonition ER episodes that I didn't catch, and my download speeds are not going any faster then 60-70kbps. My internet speed is up to 10mbps, and I've usually gotten about 800kbps from my giantbomb downloads before.

This past week, with quick looks I've tried downloading, and these ERs now, I'm going nuts. I can't wait 2 hours for one thing to download.
Getting full speed over here, 6mb per second.
Maybe its your isp?

try http://www.speedtest.net en see what you are getting and what you pay for.

As far as I recall, they generally supply their opinions on most of the important news anyway, and do a good job with it. So, what's the problem?

For me the issue is, that by the time they get to the news, they are itching to get out of the podcast room, and often don't go deep enough into debates or discussions on certain topics, that probably would have been more fleshed out if presented earlier.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I usually drag my iPad2 around the house with me, for watching Giantbomb content.
Often while cooking dinner or doing the dishes I watch the lengthy quicklooks or TNT's that way. I love it!

The only negative is the occasional freezing video, where I need to refresh safari in order to continue watching. It mostly only occurs with the longer videos. (upwards of 1 hour)

Is there some fix for that? Anyone else have this issue?

RotatingFool

Neo Member
I usually drag my iPad2 around the house with me, for watching Giantbomb content.
Often while cooking dinner or doing the dishes I watch the lengthy quicklooks or TNT's that way. I love it!

The only negative is the occasional freezing video, where I need to refresh safari in order to continue watching. It mostly only occurs with the longer videos. (upwards of 1 hour)

Is there some fix for that? Anyone else have this issue?

I've started using this app for when I want to stream Whiskey Media stuff at home. It's pretty reliable for the most part, hope it works for you! :)

More like "I Hate Mondays"....

What does the GB crew do on Mondays anyway? Is it a 3 day weekend over there? Haha.

Vinny and Drew are frozen over weekends to help preserve them for the future. It takes all day Monday for them to thaw, and no work can get done until it's complete.

Jintor

Wow, Rhythm Party actually looks kind of fun. Get iNis off SingStar and give them this tech to make a new EBA with please.

bionicpuppy

Giant Bomb Producter/Bufu Caster
More like "I Hate Mondays"....

What does the GB crew do on Mondays anyway? Is it a 3 day weekend over there? Haha.

Mondays are usually planning, podcast, and production for stuff for Tuesday morning and the rest of the week. They are actually pretty busy, since we like to get ahead of our content by at least a day before to get it up early. The bigger question is "What the heck do we do on Friday?" and I ask myself that question all the time...most often while we are in the middle of streaming or filming something incredibly stupid on said Friday.

For me the issue is, that by the time they get to the news, they are itching to get out of the podcast room, and often don't go deep enough into debates or discussions on certain topics, that probably would have been more fleshed out if presented earlier.

Maybe they could alternate every week by starting news or the games segment.

Vire

Mondays are usually planning, podcast, and production for stuff for Tuesday morning and the rest of the week. They are actually pretty busy, since we like to get ahead of our content by at least a day before to get it up early. The bigger question is "What the heck do we do on Friday?" and I ask myself that question all the time...most often while we are in the middle of streaming or filming something incredibly stupid on said Friday.

I was just teasing, I didn't expect a serious answer.

I know you guys work hard.

Jintor

I can never remember which GB members are which on GAF, only Pacman Brad and Monsterdunk Jeff :T

This is Vinny right? Watching the Sol Exodus QL as I type. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom