• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how tweakable XCOM 2 is via ini. I already increased my squad size and then bumped up the difficulty and I'm in a happy place right now. You can basically make this game be whatever you want it to be.

At some point I was fiddling with the idea of coding up a Chrome extension that would replace the Bombcast browser on the site with something actually usable, but I never went anywhere with it. Someone should do that.

Brashnir

doesnt that imply that youre giving warren donuts so he has more cushion for the pushin'?

I dont think id be comfortable with that title

Or maybe it's because Warren needs someone with a little cushion because he's such a brute.

Really though, it's because the Push gets double duty. Donut Create Push + Push Warren

neshcom

Banned
Speaking of, I saw a Donut Create Push shirt fan design through Google. Is that kosher? Anyone else get it?

I love how tweakable XCOM 2 is via ini. I already increased my squad size and then bumped up the difficulty and I'm in a happy place right now. You can basically make this game be whatever you want it to be.

I was skimming the notes from the PAX panel they did on modding and there's potential for people to do some really cool stuff with the tools available. I only ever played EU once but I feel like I'm going to keep coming back to XCOM 2.

the top 5 posters have more posts each than my entire 2 years on gaf

I get bored at work

I was skimming the notes from the PAX panel they did on modding and there's potential for people to do some really cool stuff with the tools available. I only ever played EU once but I feel like I'm going to keep coming back to XCOM 2.

just the options in those ini's alone are impressive. you can tweak some really granular stuff. but then for real modders it seems like it's actually not a big deal at all to create new weapons, classes, etc. it's going to be interesting to follow.

Let's point and laugh at stump, what a nerd.

354186.jpg

jaina

I'm not done with the other thread yet but I'll join in here

Thanks Anjin! I particularly enjoy in the fitting picks for most likely 2017 GOTY and the thread title history

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP. Everyone loves that new thread feeling.

Remember everyone that Donut. Create. Push. is promoting the idea of More Cush'n for the Push'n which is just a fun thing to type. Knowledge is power!

Poyunch

Oh man, I'm so happy xpantherx's Best of Giantbomb series is now. Official. He's really spot on with picking moments and he does a ton of work watching and compiling the videos. So glad he's gotten the official GB seal of approval.

justjim89

Anyone else making the duders for their XCOM 2 squad? I'm curious if there'll be versions up in the character sharing thing.

Anyone else making the duders for their XCOM 2 squad? I'm curious if there'll be versions up in the character sharing thing.

I wanted to but a) there are, like, six faces and they're all horrible and b) a lot of the custom props are locked for inexperienced soldiers, at least at the beginning of the campaign. I'm hoping to make Drew one of my grenadiers.

popo

Ryckert is apparently reviewing xcom 2 (according to twitter). Might be waiting for him to drive the QL. There is already that QL EX on the site so time pressure on a "real" QL is less. If they had no video on the site, I would have expected one sooner.

Zaph

I still don't know if I want to buy XCOM 2 now or wait til the performance "issues" are ironed out.

Are these issues bugs or something throwing horsepower at it can solve? Have it purchased but not installed, so rather not bother dealing with bugs with so much else to play.

Are these issues bugs or something throwing horsepower at it can solve? Have it purchased but not installed, so rather not bother dealing with bugs with so much else to play.

I don't know if it's issues or if people just don't know what settings to turn off/on yet, but there seem to be very few reports of a solid 60 FPS.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wanted to but a) there are, like, six faces and they're all horrible and b) a lot of the custom props are locked for inexperienced soldiers, at least at the beginning of the campaign. I'm hoping to make Drew one of my grenadiers.

I don't think it matters after you start, but when you use the character pool editor outside of the game you have all customization options unlocked and those characters will show up throughout all of your playthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom