• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 10-30-2012 |

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
0gbp9.png

RcmA8.png
Wqa6d.png

We talk Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed III, The Walking Dead, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Zynga layoffs, and the current state of ethics in game journalism.

Wqa6d.png

giantbomb.com/podcast

uGasO.png

GavinGT

Banned
Hopefully Jeff expounds on his earlier comment about how Dorito-gate has potentially killed some of their travel plans.

".....and the current state of ethics in game journalism"

Well that should be interesting but I really want to know what Jeff's preferred Doritos and Mountain Dew flavor compilation is.

Also if this thread is a 100 pages long when I wake up I think I will know how this section went down.

GavinGT

Banned
What comment?

If Dorito-gate has killed The Raid then journalism is truly dead and all is lost :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43764728&postcount=6189

Fun Fact: This recent uproar over non-endemic product placement might put a bullet in some of the bigger, travel-heavy ideas I've pitched. Maybe that's for the best, maybe the tax on our credibility would be too high. But with the amount of money I wanted to spend shipping the team around the continent and putting on shows it'd be the sort of thing that would need a sponsor, like some sort of "and after the show let's meet up in the Fast Food Restaurant #3 or Big But Failing Tech Retailer #7 Parking Lot" sort of public appearance thing. It's, admittedly, not a great option, but at least it's cleaner than going around and doing verbal mentions of actual games. On top of that, I think going out and filming a world tour kind of thing would be fun.

It's unclear what he's talking about exactly. Doesn't quite match up with what we've heard of The Raid. It sounds more like the World Tour to me, but then again someone responded that Jeff had in fact talked about sponsorship for The Raid.

Haunted

Jeff Gerstmann and his thug life past. Held by cops at gunpoint, fugitive hippie criminal masterminds hanging around his driveway, guns, college girls, alcohol and parties.

game journalism what

Jeff's stories about the questionable places he's lived are more entertaining when you consider there was probably a $20k copy of Magical Chase just kinda there.

Haunted

Jeff's stories about the questionable places he's lived are more entertaining when you consider there was probably a $20k copy of Magical Chase just kinda there.
And judging from the nature of the neighbourhood other dwellings, no one in the immediate vicinity to ever identify or recognise its worth. :lol

Top Bottom