• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glasses wearers, do you suffer from chromatic aberration and distortions? How do you deal with it?

Larxia

Also, if you can read and type comfortably without your glasses, don't wear them. It sounds like bogus science advice, I know, but you shouldn't wear vision correction when you don't need it.
I really wish that was the case! If it was, I'd be super happy If I could at least use my computer without any vision issues. Sadly I'm -4,25 and my vision starts to be blurry at around 20-25 cm. The only thing I can look at without glasses is my phone from quite close.
I tried lowering the prescription but it didn't help. Right now I'm wearing a pair of glasses that only correct my vision up to the screen (because I tried the reduced lens thearpy method to try to improve vision, but that doesn't work at all lol but since I was out of ideas, that's what I tried), it's -3, but it's a bit too weak actually, but that's the only thing that doesn't really give me headaches, but I can't stay with a blurry vision forever, so I have to find a solution.

I think Diabetes can cause some of the issues you're talking about.
I heard about diabetes multiple times when I mentionned problems like that, but I don't think that's the issue, I have these problems only with glasses, not with naked eyes neither with glasses, and people who try my glasses can see the distortions / aberrations too, although the glasses are too strong for them, but they can see what I'm talking about.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I really wish that was the case! If it was, I'd be super happy If I could at least use my computer without any vision issues. Sadly I'm -4,25 and my vision starts to be blurry at around 20-25 cm. The only thing I can look at without glasses is my phone from quite close.
I tried lowering the prescription but it didn't help. Right now I'm wearing a pair of glasses that only correct my vision up to the screen (because I tried the reduced lens thearpy method to try to improve vision, but that doesn't work at all lol but since I was out of ideas, that's what I tried), it's -3, but it's a bit too weak actually, but that's the only thing that doesn't really give me headaches, but I can't stay with a blurry vision forever, so I have to find a solution.
Reduced lens work does nothing if you need good vision to do stuff because your brain will stop even trying to make sense of the blurry colored splotches your eyes send to it. And if you try to do it anyway, you’ll just produce more strain on your eye and neck muscles. Don’t do it.

A reduced prescription for close-up work can actually help a little with fatigue and strain. I do it myself. My eyes are less fatigued than wearing my full long-distance prescription. I can also take a walk with my close-up glasses, they give me about 20/40 which is perfectly acceptable in a sunny day (of course I don’t drive while wearing those glasses). The most important thing is to not strain your eyes, that will lead to headaches and neck/back problems.

Some chromatic aberration is pretty much inevitable, though. I can see thin red fringes around black letters from certain angles.

LucyJayne

Neo Member
Now that you noticed issues like chromatic aberration and distortions, are you fully comfortable when going back to your old pair? You can't see any of these problems in that old pair?
That's really my problem, I changed the lenses on my glasses instead of getting a full new pair, so I couldn't go back to the previous one to check if indeed I couldn't see any of it. I never noticed it before, but I wonder if I could have noticed it on my older pair after having noticed these problems on new glasses.

Unfortunately yes. I did notice it when I had them originally in 2018 but I must have gotten used to it?

It's not as extreme as it could be so I only notice it occasionally in my old pair

I took my new glasses back on Monday, they checked all the measurements and are having them remade.

They've decided that the lenses aren't in the right place. I think they need to be tilted slightly. They didn't explain it in technical terms and I was concentrating on trying to keep a toddler occupied

She agreed that I should have adjusted after 5 days and said something about me being sensitive to change 🙄

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i remember getting my glasses with a higher prescription years ago and noticed that i had improved vision and could see things clearer but then it ended up becoming blurry again and immediately noticed my eyesight got worse like my eyes just got lazier and felt like it didn't have to work as hard to see so then i just went back to my old prescription and felt comfortable again. im never going to go to a higher prescription. my diet has evolved and improved since then and I noticed that my eyesight improved as well. on the other hand i also noticed that if im tired and didn't get a lot of rest my eyes feel weaker.

Larxia

I'm so glad I've found this thread! I'm having the same issue, I picked my new glasses up on Monday (03/02) and I still haven't got used to them.
I've been wearing glasses almost 20 years and when I've always had a new pair I would notice the difference but then it would settle down after a day or two.

I have the chromatic aberration which is more noticeable when I'm looking at something with a light behind it.
I'm also having distortion which is making me feel quite dizzy. Nobody I speak to understands what I'm talking about and keep telling me to take them back to the opticians.
When I look out the top of my glasses and down everything seems to squash, it's really hard to describe. If I look side to side out the top then everything slants one way and then the other.

I had similar issues with my last pair but thought the dizziness was due to low vit b12 levels and just ignored it. I must have gotten used to it after a month or two.

My mom has stronger glasses than me, we're both short sighted, she has no issues like this.
It's definitely my glasses and not my eyes. My sunglasses don't seem to be so bad
🤷‍♀️

I'm back to wearing my old pair and am taking them back tomorrow.
I have 2 young children so i can't be feeling like I'm going to fall over all of the time and for over £200 I want them to be working properly
Sorry for the random bump after so long but, since my situation hasn't changed, I was wondering how it was for you now, did it improve?

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that I really don't want to get Lasik, I've seen a lot of reports about issues like halos and glares.
Many people say that it's perfectly fine in a bright day outside, but that it's really bad in scenarios with more contrast, like at night or in front of a screen, with for example subtitles having a glowing light around them and such (I actually often have something similar when I wear contacts.)
And if you don't like the result with lasik, it's done and you can't go back, so it's pretty scary.
And typically, LASIK is not cpvered by insurance. Whereas glasses are.

GymWolf

I always turned off these things in the graphical setting on pc when i was wearing glasses before the laser operation.

StormCell

I'm glad I don't have to deal with chromatic aberration or distortions. I already can't stand smudges and dust on my glasses. And I'm with you OP on all the reasons why I don't get LASIK. I figure with glasses or even contacts, if I can't live with it then I can just stop wearing it. Although I've become incredibly dependent on my glasses, and I'd hate to be handed a new pair that distorts my view.

Also, I won't even try contacts. It seems like everyone I know who wears them inevitably has some story about them getting stuck under their eyelid, and I... I just can't handle that thought yet. I wish there was a better solution. :messenger_expressionless:

Larxia

I'm glad I don't have to deal with chromatic aberration or distortions. I already can't stand smudges and dust on my glasses. And I'm with you OP on all the reasons why I don't get LASIK. I figure with glasses or even contacts, if I can't live with it then I can just stop wearing it. Although I've become incredibly dependent on my glasses, and I'd hate to be handed a new pair that distorts my view.

Also, I won't even try contacts. It seems like everyone I know who wears them inevitably has some story about them getting stuck under their eyelid, and I... I just can't handle that thought yet. I wish there was a better solution. :messenger_expressionless:
The only time I had a problem with contact going under eyelid was when I was wearing hard contacts years ago, but when you have hard contacts you also have a little suction cup to help getting the contact out of your eye (I know it sounds hardcore, but it's pretty easy lol but yeah it's scary at first!). I never had this issue with soft contacts. However contacts just make my eyes super super tired, and everytime I talk about it I know it sounds exagerrated, but it's true, I really don't enjoy doing stuff while wearing contacts, because I constantly think about them and how tired and strained I feel.

Marrerito

Neo Member
Hey guys I'm new here, in fact, I signed up because this is one of the few discussions that I've seen online.
I am currently suffering from the exact same thing, huge chromatic aberration on my new glasses, interesting enough the prescription only changed by 0.25 diopters. When I look directly through the center of the lenses the CA is not perceptible, however, the moment I move my eyes a tiiiiny bit off center I get huge CA, I do not get barrel distortion though. My prescription is 1.5 myopia and 2.75 astigmatism on both eyes, I supposed that the astigmatism correction is what's causing the issue as CA and astigmatism are closely related.
I have already tried two different optometrists, on the first buy they just didn't one to help me and I simply returned my glasses which was quite difficult to get them to accept them back and they treated me like I was some kind of weirdo and as if they never heard of CA. I had to let them know that I am a physicist and that I do know quite a bit about optics in order plus a complaint in my city's consumption office to convince them to give me back my money. It was at Multiópticas, in case someone from Spain is reading this.
A month or so ago I bought new glases with a different frame and the exact same issue persists, they changed from aspheric to spheric lenses and it reduced my perception of CA quite a lot and know I am kind of getting used to it when I'm outdoors but the CA is simply too annoying to wear my new glasses indoors. The optometrist at the store where I bought these ones suggests to go back to the old prescription but that limits my visual acuity by quite a lot since I am very sensible to changes in my prescription (you can imagine how frustrated I am needing to change and readjust between my new and old glasses). I just got out from the optician and he literally told me that he doesn't know what else to do, I suggested a change in the lenses manufacturer to try and find a lens with a higher Abbe value but he says he's not sure that they can do that as they only work with one manufacturer.
I have also noticed som CA in my old glasses but when looking right at the edge of the frame, another difference that I have noticed is that my old glasses are a lot more opaque, this is because of a blue light filter so I guess they filter the CA more than the new ones which are a bit clearer (they do have a blue light filter too). Anyways, I also suggested them to change to a more opaque filter but the optometrist doesn't think it will make that much of a difference.
I am truly frustrated about this and no one seems to be able to help me, does anyone have any ideas?

mcjmetroid

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that I really don't want to get Lasik, I've seen a lot of reports about issues like halos and glares.
Many people say that it's perfectly fine in a bright day outside, but that it's really bad in scenarios with more contrast, like at night or in front of a screen, with for example subtitles having a glowing light around them and such (I actually often have something similar when I wear contacts.)
And if you don't like the result with lasik, it's done and you can't go back, so it's pretty scary
I've done laser
eye surgery and yes you have halo vision for at least 2 months or so especially at night but you do adjust and it goes away. Never say it's 100 percent perfect but it's still way better than glasses or contacts for me.

I like you didn't like contacts they made my eyes feel dry and tired. Couldn't enjoy nights out with them

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
My thing with glasses is I can’t wear them for a long period of time if their purpose is to read than fine my problem is people wearing them for fashion.

AJUMP23

I do not suffer from those issues. I do have an astigmatism, but I haven't had any distortion. I have an eye appointment tomorrow so we will see how my prescription is going.

Larxia

Hey guys I'm new here, in fact, I signed up because this is one of the few discussions that I've seen online.
I am currently suffering from the exact same thing, huge chromatic aberration on my new glasses, interesting enough the prescription only changed by 0.25 diopters. When I look directly through the center of the lenses the CA is not perceptible, however, the moment I move my eyes a tiiiiny bit off center I get huge CA, I do not get barrel distortion though. My prescription is 1.5 myopia and 2.75 astigmatism on both eyes, I supposed that the astigmatism correction is what's causing the issue as CA and astigmatism are closely related.
I have already tried two different optometrists, on the first buy they just didn't one to help me and I simply returned my glasses which was quite difficult to get them to accept them back and they treated me like I was some kind of weirdo and as if they never heard of CA. I had to let them know that I am a physicist and that I do know quite a bit about optics in order plus a complaint in my city's consumption office to convince them to give me back my money. It was at Multiópticas, in case someone from Spain is reading this.
A month or so ago I bought new glases with a different frame and the exact same issue persists, they changed from aspheric to spheric lenses and it reduced my perception of CA quite a lot and know I am kind of getting used to it when I'm outdoors but the CA is simply too annoying to wear my new glasses indoors. The optometrist at the store where I bought these ones suggests to go back to the old prescription but that limits my visual acuity by quite a lot since I am very sensible to changes in my prescription (you can imagine how frustrated I am needing to change and readjust between my new and old glasses). I just got out from the optician and he literally told me that he doesn't know what else to do, I suggested a change in the lenses manufacturer to try and find a lens with a higher Abbe value but he says he's not sure that they can do that as they only work with one manufacturer.
I have also noticed som CA in my old glasses but when looking right at the edge of the frame, another difference that I have noticed is that my old glasses are a lot more opaque, this is because of a blue light filter so I guess they filter the CA more than the new ones which are a bit clearer (they do have a blue light filter too). Anyways, I also suggested them to change to a more opaque filter but the optometrist doesn't think it will make that much of a difference.
I am truly frustrated about this and no one seems to be able to help me, does anyone have any ideas?
Hi, sorry to hear you have the same issue. I'm myself still going through it.

At least you don't have the barrel distortion, so it's only half as bad, probably because your myopia is actually very low.
1.5 is really quite low in myopia scale, however I'm not very familiar with astigmatism so I don't know how 2.75 of that impacts the quality of vision.

Do you know what material / index lens you're wearing? With 1.5 of myopia (unless the amount of astigmatism is a problem) you could easily wear CR-39 lenses, 1.50 Index. It's the material with the highest abbe value outside of crown glass, something around 58 abbe number.
What I've been doing for a year now is wearing a pair of glasses with CR-39 and... a -3.75 prescription. My myopia is -4.50, which leads to all these issues I talked about. Wearing the reduced prescription, while giving me blurry vision further away, allows me to at least use the PC a bit more comfortably than with my full prescription, since it reduces the effects a bit. It's awful to live with though since my vision is very blurry in the distance, I can't watch TV and such anymore and often have to switch between multiple pairs... I wear full prescription contact lenses when I'm outside though.

With 1.50, CR-39 should be ideal I think, unless if like I said the 2.75 of astigmatism is too much for it, since CR-39 is pretty thick and isn't done on high prescriptions. For example no opticians agreed to make it for me because of my prescription. I had to buy glasses online to do different tests on my own.

I_D

I'm curious what happens if you move the lenses closer/farther from your face.

I used to have severe CA issues with my glasses, but then I got a pair that had physically-larger lenses (in terms of circumference and diameter) which covered a larger surface-area of my face. Because I no longer had the edges of the lenses in my peripheral vision, the CA went away.

I suspect the materials used in the lens itself make a difference, too. I have no idea what my lenses are made of, but I suspect certain materials are worse than others, in terms of visual distortion.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is it possible to custom order eyeglasses made from extra low dispersion glass? This is the same kind of glass used in expensive camera lenses to correct chromatic aberration.

GeekyDad

Wonder if it has to do with using progressive lenses. I tried 'em, gave 'em about a week, but just couldn't do it. It was very much as folks with this particular issue are describing. Tried trifocals, but that middle sliver wasn't working either. Going back to bifocals (I'm farsighted) was a fine compromise -- none of that warping, and I can see fine with some minor compromise.

Marrerito

Neo Member
Hi, sorry to hear you have the same issue. I'm myself still going through it.

At least you don't have the barrel distortion, so it's only half as bad, probably because your myopia is actually very low.
1.5 is really quite low in myopia scale, however I'm not very familiar with astigmatism so I don't know how 2.75 of that impacts the quality of vision.

Do you know what material / index lens you're wearing? With 1.5 of myopia (unless the amount of astigmatism is a problem) you could easily wear CR-39 lenses, 1.50 Index. It's the material with the highest abbe value outside of crown glass, something around 58 abbe number.
What I've been doing for a year now is wearing a pair of glasses with CR-39 and... a -3.75 prescription. My myopia is -4.50, which leads to all these issues I talked about. Wearing the reduced prescription, while giving me blurry vision further away, allows me to at least use the PC a bit more comfortably than with my full prescription, since it reduces the effects a bit. It's awful to live with though since my vision is very blurry in the distance, I can't watch TV and such anymore and often have to switch between multiple pairs... I wear full prescription contact lenses when I'm outside though.

With 1.50, CR-39 should be ideal I think, unless if like I said the 2.75 of astigmatism is too much for it, since CR-39 is pretty thick and isn't done on high prescriptions. For example no opticians agreed to make it for me because of my prescription. I had to buy glasses online to do different tests on my own.

I don't really know if CR-39 is available in Spain, however, I had a call from the manager optometrist today and he told me that the Abbe value of my current lenses is 59 which is actually not that bad. He suggested to use non-reduced lenses but that will create other types of distorsions and aberrations and since I am quite disconfortable with CA trading CA for a distorsion would be even worse not to mention the asthetics part of it. He also confirmed that the anti reflective filter won't be a solution since rising the filter towards the blue spectrum will allow more red light to go through and that I will continue to see CA. He also asked if my vision is better with the new glasses and it actually is but I just cannot bear them while reading.

2.75 Astigmatism is not super high but it's not low either, it's on the moderate side tending to high, brief, I cannot see a thing without glasses even though the myopia is low the astigmatism makes my vision just too blurry. In fact, I got my first glasses around 10 years ago because I started to confuse letters and I had 2D back then.

He also suggested to reduce the prescription as I already mentioned but I am just about to get in a flight school and the medical checks require almost perfect visual acuity and as I already mentioned I am quite picky with my vision and I'm not truly confortable with my previous prescription.

He asked me if the CA went away if I looke with just one eye but it doesn't, it reduces but it's still there. After that he told me that he will do some more research on the issue and that he will call me back on friday...fingers crossed.

I am sorry to hear that you are still going through this, it is super annoying, I'm starting to think about contacts again, I tried them a while ago but I did not like them really, putting my fnger into my eye is almost mission impossible.

I'm curious what happens if you move the lenses closer/farther from your face.

I used to have severe CA issues with my glasses, but then I got a pair that had physically-larger lenses (in terms of circumference and diameter) which covered a larger surface-area of my face. Because I no longer had the edges of the lenses in my peripheral vision, the CA went away.

I suspect the materials used in the lens itself make a difference, too. I have no idea what my lenses are made of, but I suspect certain materials are worse than others, in terms of visual distortion.

Not much of a difference when I move them, CA is more noticeable the further I look from the center of the lenses but that's about it...

Thanks for the replys guys, I'll let you know what the optometrsit tell me on Friday.

Marrerito

Neo Member
Wonder if it has to do with using progressive lenses. I tried 'em, gave 'em about a week, but just couldn't do it. It was very much as folks with this particular issue are describing. Tried trifocals, but that middle sliver wasn't working either. Going back to bifocals (I'm farsighted) was a fine compromise -- none of that warping, and I can see fine with some minor compromise.
Mine aren't progressive so..I don't really know...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Get thin glasses, they fix this issue. Also if you are short sighted, get as much size as you can, it really helps. Also if you have astigmatism get proper glass, because for me the distortion I was having from non astigmatism fixed glasses made me not wear them.

Also I have just -1.25 both eyes, so I might talk shit for a people who has -4

Marrerito

Neo Member
Get thin glasses, they fix this issue. Also if you are short sighted, get as much size as you can, it really helps. Also if you have astigmatism get proper glass, because for me the distortion I was having from non astigmatism fixed glasses made me not wear them.

Also I have just -1.25 both eyes, so I might talk shit for a people who has -4
What do you mean by proper glass? Mineral lenses aren't really an option for me since due to the astigmatism they would be very heavy and produce different distorsions.

Marrerito

Neo Member
Just got a call from the optometrist, there is basically nothing else to do, I'm devastated... this is really frustrating me

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wonder if wraparound eyeglasses with curved lenses have a larger effective sweet spot optical center for your eyes? That might be something worth looking into.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
These two articles are interesting and well written, but I don't think they tell us anything we don't already know.

Larxia

Get thin glasses, they fix this issue.
From my experience (but like you said, at higher prescription, since I'm in the -4 range) that's not entirely true, since thinner lenses use higher index which usually smaller abbe value, leading to more chromatic aberration.
That's mostly theory though, because for me the main thing that improve it is reducing the prescription. With my full prescription, the issue is still there no matter the lens index, it's just slightly better with CR-39, which is actually the thickest.
just got a call from the optometrist, there is basically nothing else to do, I'm devastated... this is really frustrating me
That's sad :messenger_pensive: But I 100% know what you are going through, since it's what I've been dealing with for 4 years now. Eye doctors and opticians not knowing what I'm talking about, thinking it's all in my head and that's I'm crazy, telling me I'm too picky and just having to "get used to it" etc...

There's really something insanely frustrating with this situation. The fact that people working in the field of vision, don't know what you are talking about when you mention chromatic aberration and barrel distortion is just not normal... Chromatic aberration is a very basic physics / light phenomenon that most people know, so how come all the professional in this field don't know (or pretend to don't know?) what you're talking about. It's also something very common with cameras and such, with specific lens to improve it, so I don't understand why people look at you like you're crazy and made it up when you talk about this problem.

These issues exists, they are quite basic and there are specific words to describe them, which you can just look for easily on google and see what it is about, but, they don't know it. At this point it really feels like living in two parallel worlds, there's your own private and internet world, where you can find articles, researches etc about these things, always described as something just... normal, and then there's the medical / professional world, where no one knows about it and you feel like the only person in the world aware of it, which is very, very depressing. And if you start trying to explain what it is and refer to articles etc, they will only tell you "don't look on internet".

It's been driving me insane for years.
I know it's not the answer you want to hear though, I'm really sorry :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
OP, buy frames with wide diameter lenses!!! Ideally, pick a company that cares about optics to avoid this in the future.

With smaller eye holes, the curve of the lens meets the frame in your field of vision, which is where distortion has to happen.

This makes sense because you keep fussing with lenses which have to fit in the same frames.

You seem like a very fashion forward individual, and bigger frames with wide diameter lenses are in. You probably have the Tim Sweeney's on right now, you will have to say goodbye to those.

You now:
tim_sweeney_epic_16-9-1050x525.jpg

In tha future:
things-to-buying-big-frame-glasses.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
It could be worse - You could have my eye issues..

Center blind spot with progressive barrel distortion around it (can't read text on that eye without looking off center..) , 2x glaucoma on the other eye (laser surgeries and medicines for life), cataracts (surgeries, artificial lens and FOV distortion as a result) and lens distortions, two laser drilled holes in each iris (for glaucoma precaution) which makes additional light distortions.

Anyway, good luck.

Larxia

It could be worse - You could have my eye issues..

Center blind spot with progressive barrel distortion around it (can't read text on that eye without looking off center..) , 2x glaucoma on the other eye (laser surgeries and medicines for life), cataracts (surgeries, artificial lens and FOV distortion as a result) and lens distortions, two laser drilled holes in each iris (for glaucoma precaution) which makes additional light distortions.

Anyway, good luck.
This sounds terrible :messenger_pensive: There's always worse than ourself, that's sure. Sorry for you.

OP, buy frames with wide diameter lenses!!! Ideally, pick a company that cares about optics to avoid this in the future.

With smaller eye holes, the curve of the lens meets the frame in your field of vision, which is where distortion has to happen.

This makes sense because you keep fussing with lenses which have to fit in the same frames.

You seem like a very fashion forward individual, and bigger frames with wide diameter lenses are in. You probably have the Tim Sweeney's on right now, you will have to say goodbye to those.

You now:
tim_sweeney_epic_16-9-1050x525.jpg

In tha future:
things-to-buying-big-frame-glasses.jpg
Maybe I'm wrong somewhere but I don't think that's really true because when opticians order the lenses from lens manufacturers, they just receive a generic big lens with your prescription, which they then have to cut for your frame. So technically the distortion should be the same in the lens covered area, since it's at the origin the same lens. Which is also why smaller frame are recommended for high myopia, to avoid super thick lens on the sides with even more visible distortion.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You can tell Sweeny has a strong prescription due to the light bending in his glasses. The model dude might be wearing non-prescription glasses since I can't see any optical change at all in his face shape.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve been having to wear glasses every time I’m on a computer or a handheld device. I work in IT and my eyes were hurting so bad. There would be tears in my eyes and it felt like my eyes were crying. I use blue light blockers that are prescription glasses. I haven’t noticed these types of issues. Sorry to hear about that and I hope everyone can find a cure. I did injure my eye to the point I couldn’t see out of it. It was on one of those exercise devices that help you do sit ups. There’s a spring and it connects the handle to the feet sleeves. One night I pulled it back and it slipped off my feet, hitting my eye on the process. I only saw pitch black for 15 minutes. Since then I’ve had odd pain in that eye and my doctors say I am fine. They claim I have severe dry eyes, so I medicate with drops.

Larxia

You can tell Sweeny has a strong prescription due to the light bending in his glasses. The model dude might be wearing non-prescription glasses since I can't see any optical change at all in his face shape.
Yes this exactly, a prescription lens will always show visible distortion, to different degrees, but here it just looks like non-prescription glasses just for the picture.

Also, these articles you posted the other day, it's the typical exemple of what drives me crazy, you can see articles with obvious explanations etc, but somehow, no one knows about it and it's in your head :messenger_dizzy:

nemiroff

Gold Member
There's always worse than ourself, that's sure.

The "there's always someone who got it worse" is not always a good strategy, but when it gets close to heart and used for getting a better perspective it can be beneficial. F.ex. three years ago I was misdiagnosed and told by a doctor that I was going to be 80% blind. And before they got around to fix their fuck-ups I actually went through the whole process of coping with with it. But to my surprise I kinda got through it better than expected.

Last edited:

Haemi

I had my glasses replaced last year, because they were scratched from the renovation work in my house. After doing all the measurements the optician ordered slightly stronger lenses for me. The new glasses were horrible. Chromatic abberation, barrel distortion... it was really exhausting. I went back to the optician and someone else did the measurements this time. The result was, that my vision did not change and the new glasses were too strong. They ordered new ones for free and now everything is back to normal.

Top Bottom