• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go ahead and ban me.:… again.

Thanks for the brief moment you guys and gals let me into your community, again. I’ve been a member since 2007, but asked for my account deletion a few years back.

I came back because I couldn’t stand the reseteratards anymore. They hate the truth and hate it even more when someone has an opinion that is not exactly in line with extreme left.

I feel like the twitter threads being banned here is kind of a sign. I came back because this place is fun to post facts, seek truth, and discuss things with level headed people willing to look at different perspectives, but it’s clear it’s not.

Please ban me.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't think you'll get your wish. But we shall see! Another HOT THREADDDDD!

tenor.gif

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I feel like the twitter threads being banned here is kind of a sign. I came back because this place is fun to post facts, seek truth, and discuss things with level headed people willing to look at different perspectives, but it’s clear it’s not.
There's a no politics rule for a reason; the twitter thread devolved into that same mean-spirited trash that the Politics forum turned into. Ergo, locked.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I miss that Twitter thread. I was reading it daily. Absolutely thought-provoking takes from all sides and perspectives. I wonder what the tipping point was for it getting locked.

Was it because people started getting personal? If some people hadn't made it about left vs right would it still be up?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Thanks for the brief moment you guys and gals let me into your community, again. I’ve been a member since 2007, but asked for my account deletion a few years back.

I came back because I couldn’t stand the reseteratards anymore. They hate the truth and hate it even more when someone has an opinion that is not exactly in line with extreme left.

Please ban me.
The Twitter threads were locked as particular members continued to derail them into overt political threads. They were not closed because of attempts to “silence” any particular viewpoint, but simply for breaking the “No Politics” rule that has been in effect for a while now.

If you still wish to be banned despite that, just let us know.

Celcius

°Temp. member
OP, take a step back and check yourself before you wreck yourself. You've been a member since 2007, got banned, went to another forum, and then still came back. You clearly can't stay away. Mods please don't ban him, let him suffer.

I miss that Twitter thread. I was reading it daily. Absolutely thought-provoking takes from all sides and perspectives. I wonder what the tipping point was for it getting locked.

Was it because people started getting personal? If some people hadn't made it about left vs right would it still be up?
Thread was awesome but it got real... I don't even know how to describe it. Felt like people were having intense personal bloodthirsty arguments over what the meaning of is is.

feynoob

Banned
The Twitter threads were locked as particular members continued to derail them into overt political threads. They were not closed because of attempts to “silence” any particular viewpoint, but simply for breaking the “No Politics” rule that has been in effect for a while now.

The rules are very simple, yet people still let their emotion take over them.

Honestly, people need to pay attention to the rules.

Pejo

The rules are very simple, yet people still let their emotion take over them.

Honestly, people need to pay attention to the rules.
It doesn't help that a few posters constantly pull the:

(hot politcal leaning take, baiting other posters into crossing the line)
uVCp90J.png

And then after they get someone to bite:

Uhhh...sorry sweety, I can't reply because this is leaning just a bit too much into politics, and that's not allowed here!
vq9brdt.png

That kind of thing really irks me in those controversial threads.

Or just message the mods.
He didnt have to make it public.
Honestly, People asking to be banned on a virtual social space is probably the most pathetic shit ever. Is your life really that boring and lame that someone is acting to be exiled off a fucking social space? Fucking insane. Go find some aspirtations in your life or hobbies or find a way to self improve yourself so you can stop being so miserable lol.

Jennings

Please ban me.
Relax, nobody here hates truth. Some users just can't be trusted with it and keep trying to twist it and turn it into a knife fight due to their undiagnosed personality disorders. Certain rules are merely in place to protect the board from the effects of their constant derails, manipulations, and obfuscated hate speech.

Please ban me.
Who hurt you? Where are the receipts?

anthony2690

Banned

I remember putting the Spandau Ballet cd in my sega Saturn to listen to this song and watch the special effects the Saturn gave you :)

Please ban me.

Usually works to self ban by insulting the mods, their family, the pet dog (if any) and stating the Holocaust was fake. That last bit would be my preferred method.

Kacho

Why not just thread ban the users doing this? We all know who they are. Doesn’t make sense to close one of the most active topics because a small number of people can’t control themselves.

Top Bottom