• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Go to your mum and f*ck her": Uwe Boll responds to my Postal blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vark said:
I'm posting in this thread because Uwe Boll doesn't deserve a new thread on GAF.

Saw Postal Tonight at Fantastic Fest.

Wow.

What an absolutely mediocre film.

It wasn't even bad enough to be awesomely bad. It wasn't good enough to be good. It wasn't pushing the limits enough to be offensive and it wasn't funny enough to make me laugh.

If this movie was a food item it would be unsalted unseasoned unleavened bread.

The worst thing I can say about it is it was *almost* a movie. It was really close to almost being entertaining. It got to the edge and just walked away quietly.

Seriously, it's worse than being bad. If a film is bad its at least evoking a reaction. This film is so flat on its delivery it manages to be nothing but a complete failure as an entertainment experience.

Let us never speak of this again.
You are daring person.

Vark

I've seen Uwe twice this week already he is a tiny little man, apparently he got into some sort of shouting match with one of the Festival directors but I have no idea over what (but damned if I'm not going to try and find out tomorrow).

This is actually the 2nd night they've shown it, I was sadly not there for the opening where Uwe introduced it, I was too busy watching movies that didn't suck.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I watched Postal last night on Netflix. A couple of funny parts but wow, was it bad!

Rolf NB

Darkmakaimura said:
I watched Postal last night on Netflix. A couple of funny parts but wow, was it bad!
This thread is two and a half years old. And that's all I'm going to say. Do I need to say more, anything? I think not. What's your opinion?

5alzy0.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bmf said:
How do you bump a thread this old with search turned off? Damn.
:lol You're right, damn!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, if you are going to bump a thread from 2 and a half years ago, say more than one sentence.
My apologies. I did a Google search and this is all I found and I didn't want to start a new thread about the movie. Probably should have made an LTTP thread in OT.

Postal is my favorite movie ever*. It's such a hilarious trainwreck in the same way as G.G. Allin - the movie thinks it's so edgy and raw while being the most juvenile thing on the planet that I can't help but laugh at it.

*Not really. But I do own it on Bluray with In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Darkmakaimura said:

Darkmakaimura

Yes, I know he's a member, play along!

kamspy said:
At what cost to the community?

Uwe signing up for GAF to tell us to fuck our moms?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I AM JOHN! said:
Postal is my favorite movie ever*. It's such a hilarious trainwreck in the same way as G.G. Allin - the movie thinks it's so edgy and raw while being the most juvenile thing on the planet that I can't help but laugh at it.

*Not really. But I do own it on Bluray with In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.
I dunno, I'm more of a HotD guy. I mean, interspersing with actual gameplay footage? That was flat out brilliant, man.

(Hey, threads been bumped, no reason not to resume the discussion, right?)

Harteex

mugurumakensei said:
Clearly, he sees nothing as he has no courage. :lol
And yes, Postal was quite a horrible movie. But, you know, it's an uwe boll movie. You go in expecting horrible.

I'd say it's unlikely you would like it with that attitude against it.
And I'm going to go against the GAF hivemind and say that I actually did enjoy the movie.

trinest

I still havn't seen the movie, want to to see it one day. I think it will be light hearted stupidity but still awesome like Snakes on a Plane, which I also havn't seen.

I want an update to the OP about his mum as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Harteex said:
I'd say it's unlikely you would like it with that attitude against it.
And I'm going to go against the GAF hivemind and say that I actually did enjoy the movie.

I hope you enjoy being wrong.

Talon

selig said:
well, he´s probably right.
dont like his movies (actually, ive never seen them ,lol), but there´s hardly anything worse than a wanna-be critique that thinks HE knows what makes a good movie. Maybe reflect more on your own faults, Kobun.
A blind turd is qualified to give Uwe film advice.

wRATH2x

Banned
Scrolling down all I see is "Banned" and "Banned" and "Banned" and "Banned" and "Banned"................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom