• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Go to your mum and f*ck her": Uwe Boll responds to my Postal blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleazyC

Thunderbear said:
But the dude has manage to raise MILLIONS to fund these movies. Surely that's pretty damn impressive. If I had those skills I would be out getting funding to produce/direct movies as well.

As it is I have to go the long route and produce a short film that will hopefully catch someone's attention.
He hasn't raised jack shit last I read. He operates under some German law that provides funds for independent filmmakers. At least thats what I read months ago.

The average Internet-Basher is male, single, between 20 – 30 years old. He has a low social competence, lives on the net. He has a strong homoerotic intention which he is unable to live out and distinctive inferiority complex. Most of these men still live at their parent’s home or close to it.

neogaf1.gif

linsivvi

SumGamer said:
Is it just me or did the researcher sounds like 80 years old grndma who afraid of "INTERNET".

Gosh, this people need to get with the time. This study does not show anything rather than the bias that lies inside the researcher and the lack of solid proof. How the hell this guy become get the Dr. title anyway.

Don't get too worked up over this. I am pretty sure it's fake.

The question is who wrote the article. Is it the man himself?

This sounds like the kind of thing this director would do, but you never know, in this instance it could be just a random guy on the internet pretending to be a high-profile person.

Cdammen

Chris was actually quite polite and gave criticism like any other journalist... Uwe Boll on the other hand didn't handle it maturely :)

And how does this "director" get the cash to make these "movies"? Is the German government still paying him?

(EDIT) :lol @ VVV

Mgoblue201 said:
I'm just trying to keep him away from Metroid and Zelda. Here's hoping Uwe Boll is a Sony fanboy.

Metroid seems more like Len Wiseman's kind of horrible movie, with Kate Beckinsale as Samus, natch. Zelda will actually be CGI from Dreamworks and feature the music of Smashmouth. The story will be based on the best Zelda game ever.

Uwe is in fact a Sony fanboy, and as such his next movie will be Shadow of the Colossus. It will star Vin Diesel as Wander and Cuba Gooding Jr. as the voice of Argo.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Some of my colleagues pointed out that this is a pretty elaborate viral marketing campaign.

Who knew of Portal or cared anything about Uwe Boll before this?

Mission accomplished.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Chittagong said:
Some of my colleagues pointed out that this is a pretty elaborate viral marketing campaign.

Mission accomplished.

I agree. I had no idea he was making another movie. this discussion is doing more for the movies publicity than any trailer could possibly do.

Haunted

Chittagong said:

Mission accomplished.
Looks like this marketing campaign failed. :lol

Hey, look, my phone interview with Boll is up now!

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/08/uwe-boll-interv.html

I'm not the new Ed Wood. Ed Wood died poor! And had no success. There's only that romantic term that Ed Wood was a genius because of the Johnny Depp movie, not because of Ed Wood. And this is the point, it's completely absurd, and the whole internet bashing is completely absurd and has nothing to do with my movies. And normally, journalists like you should see that and should write that. You can write, I didn't like Bloodrayne, I didn't like Alone In The Dark, I thought they were stupid, and bad acting, whatever, but if you write that the movies look like amateur trash movies, then you are lying on purpose.

Kobun Heat said:
Hey, look, my phone interview with Boll is up now!

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/08/uwe-boll-interv.html
Wow, he didn't even give you a chance to talk. He just seemingly took out all his frustrations on you immediately without realizing you didn't really make those statements in the first place. You can tell when someone has created something truly bad when they get on the defensive and have to explain the merits of their own supposed "art" to someone. If it were truly good, then I'm sure the audience would understand.

Uwe Boll is just a huge crybaby. In his eyes it seems you aren't even allowed to criticize his work, and partially it is because he has "all the big guys" involved in the acting/special effects/whatever. Apparently, this automatically scores him some points.

If Boll had been aware that Kohler is a right-wing Ann Coulter lover, I doubt that he would have bothered trying to defend the film as a satire of post-9/11 politics.

dak1dsk1

Banned
The trailers look great tho! I'm gonna watch this movie. Chris Kohler is prolly just some attentionwhore trying to become internetfamous by riding the Uwephobia wave.

It's someone's opinion. Uwe Boll needs to calm down, and be a responsible character himself. Reading things like this...I had little to no respect for him to begin with and now it's in the negatives.

Hellraizah

Chris, he's right, why don't you talk about his first 7 movies?

You have the right to have your own opinion, but if your opinion is that every Boll movie sucks, then you are wrong and you lose the right to your own opinion.

That pretty much sums it up.

Vark

I'm posting in this thread because Uwe Boll doesn't deserve a new thread on GAF.

Saw Postal Tonight at Fantastic Fest.

Wow.

What an absolutely mediocre film.

It wasn't even bad enough to be awesomely bad. It wasn't good enough to be good. It wasn't pushing the limits enough to be offensive and it wasn't funny enough to make me laugh.

If this movie was a food item it would be unsalted unseasoned unleavened bread.

The worst thing I can say about it is it was *almost* a movie. It was really close to almost being entertaining. It got to the edge and just walked away quietly.

Seriously, it's worse than being bad. If a film is bad its at least evoking a reaction. This film is so flat on its delivery it manages to be nothing but a complete failure as an entertainment experience.

Let us never speak of this again.

What didn't you like about Postal? I'm cautious of the movie, but judging from the first 3 minutes of the movie, I can say it was pretty funny. Of course, I haven't seen the entire movie yet...

Vark

CounterSeal said:
What didn't you like about Postal? I'm cautious of the movie, but judging from the first 3 minutes of the movie, I can say it was pretty funny. Of course, I haven't seen the entire movie yet...

That's just the thing, I didn't like it, any of it.

I didn't hate it either. The film managed to evoke absolute 0 emotion in me either way.

The acting is passable, the script is whatever, but the entire film is 'just there'. It would have been shocking and offensive five years ago but as it stands now it's just 'meh'.

That's really the only way I can describe it. It was boring. Flat.

It's a bunch of inherently unfunny people being whacky (even though some of the actors are funny people they obviously had nothing to work with).

The potential was surprisingly kind of there, but the execution wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom