• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Go to your mum and f*ck her": Uwe Boll responds to my Postal blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

polg

Isn't it great to think so high about your own movie and bash any critics? Must be awesome to be Uwe Bollz

Kafel

Banned
uwe_boll.jpg

The wanna bees may want to try it.

Brendon

Oh, Uwe...

I really wish I saved all the emails/phone messages he's left me over the years in response to criticism. Sometimes when I see things like this it makes me want to relive the humor. :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Uwe is so fucking cool. I'm gonna piss him off in hopes of getting a shout out on a dvd commentary track...

btw doesn't he have spell check? the thing I'd be sure to check when sending something like that would be spelling and grammar, so nobody could get any easy licks in with their retort.

PnCIa

I haven´t seen the movie yet, but I liked that trailer. And for Uwe, at least he has the courage to speak his mind, that alone gives him some respect in my book.

FightyF

Banned
If you can get in touch with UweB, please let him know that I'd love to work with him on a Crazy Taxi mockumetary. My credentials? I...like Uwe? That should be enough.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
slaughterking said:
Probably because of:

"If this all sounds funny, it is because I am a pretty funny writer."

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply it's going to be a good movie. I feel bad for the dude though, it's sad when people don't know their limitations. For his sake I hope one day he'll actually turn into a decent film maker.

Those summaries just cracked me up though, especially the argument about the number of virgins they'll get in paradise.

The one credit I will give this dude is that he's a pretty damn good business man. He should be a producer and stick to that. The money and talent he's managed to get for these horrendous movies is absolutely incredible. Don't these actors worry about their integrity? I guess if I was offered $500,000 - $1,000,000 I'd star in anything as well.

PnCIa said:
I haven´t seen the movie yet, but I liked that trailer. And for Uwe, at least he has the courage to speak his mind, that alone gives him some respect in my book.

Uwe has courage, yea thats it.

Thunderbear

Mr. Bunnies said:
Uwe has courage, yea thats it.

The man comes across as a bully and internet flies become bullies under anonymity so I guess it evens out. Hardly courage any way around.

Thunderbear

RyuHayate said:
Uwe Boll is the most unprofessional individual on the planet.

But the dude has manage to raise MILLIONS to fund these movies. Surely that's pretty damn impressive. If I had those skills I would be out getting funding to produce/direct movies as well.

As it is I have to go the long route and produce a short film that will hopefully catch someone's attention.

Takuan

RyuHayate said:
Uwe Boll is the most unprofessional individual on the planet.
I don't understand how he gets some of the actors for his moives.

Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Burt Reynolds and a whole bunch of recognizable, albeit B-List, celebs are in that Dungeon Siege movie. Do their agents suck? Did they love the script? Maybe they love Uwe as a person.

PnCIa

Takuan said:
I don't understand how he gets some of the actors for his moives.

Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Burt Reynolds and a whole bunch of recognizable, albeit B-List, celebs are in that Dungeon Siege movie. Do their agents suck? Did they love the script? Maybe they love Uwe as a person.
moneyhat.jpg

Thanks for the link to the review. I enjoyed it and thought it was well-written.

I saw a few clips from the movie the other day and I agree that the opening sequence was the only thing that seemed even slightly amusing.

Flynn

Remember that thread about post-modern games? Somebody really ought to make an RPG/mini-game hybrid about a Boll-esque movie director who makes awful game-based movies.

SumGamer

linsivvi said:

Is it just me or did the researcher sounds like 80 years old grndma who afraid of "INTERNET".

Gosh, these people need to get with the time. This study does not show anything rather than the bias that lies inside the researcher and the lack of solid proof. How the hell this guy get the Dr. title anyway?

EDIT: Fixing grammartical and spelling errors. Guess I read too much Uwe Boll's comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom