• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator FREE on Xbox 360 Today (9/5/2015)

Syriel

Looks like Skittles is sponsoring a free rental of Goat Simulator on Xbox One today, but the Xbox 360 version is also free. And since the 360 DRM system doesn't allow for rentals, any free purchase made today should be free forever.

No gold required. Go get your goat on.

Xbox 360:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411498?noSplash=1

Edit:

Getting $9.99 in Canada.

Yeah, looks like US only.

RedRum

Banned
Definitely one of those games I was only expecting to pay for for a bit and it winded up being hours.

jesu

Says free on the US store but when I go to download it it tries to charge me £7.99, the price it is on the UK store.
Was looking forward to some easy achievements :(

Any hope for those of us without a valid US credit card?

Paypal?

Hesemonni

Banned
Yeah. It says FREE on the US page, but when in the confirmation it says 9.99€ (in EU) that is.

I should know, I just bought Goat Simulator for 9.99€ because of not paying attention :D

My mistake and everything, but PSN / Xbox Live really suck for not offering refunds on digital purchases.

Syriel

Any hope for those of us without a valid US credit card?

1) Log in on your console with a US region XBL account.
2) Grab the free game via the console (no CC is required when getting freebies on the console, only on the web).

Once downloaded, any region account should be able to play.

FFP2

You can get it for free if you make a US account. If you do it from the console instead of the web store you don't need to add any CC info.

Hesemonni

Banned
Damn. Microsoft's customer service is top notch.

I have accessed your account and I do see the recent charge for the Goat Simulator. I can provide this one time exception refund back to you in the amount of 9.99. Please make sure to confirm it is free before finishing the purchase because we may not be able to process anymore refunds for accidental charges.

El Sabroso

description says will be playlable for free just today

Y0eF9AG.png

And is a promotion by Skittles so there it is why is US only

My little sister is going to be so hype about this, she loves Goat Simulator on my PC but can't play it much because I need to use my computer when she's home most of the time. Now she can play it on my 360, everyone wins

jesu

Xbox One version is free today in the US too

*Free play day on September 5th, 2015 presented by Skittles. Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! Gameplay-wise, Goat Simulator is all about causing as much destruction as you possibly can as a goat. It has been compared to an old-school skating game, except instead of being a skater, you're a goat, and instead of doing tricks, you wreck stuff. Destroy things with style, such as doing a backflip while headbutting a bucket through a window, and you'll earn even more points! When it comes to goats, not even the sky is the limit, as you can probably just bug through it and crash the game. Disclaimer Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat. Key Features • You can be a goat • Get points for wrecking stuff - brag to your friends that you're the alpha goat • MILLIONS OF BUGS! We're only eliminating the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious and we're keeping it • In-game physics that bug out all the time • Seriously look at that goat's neck • You can be a goat

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O.../e802e200-54ef-4fc6-a141-67e6dffadd8b?lc=2057

Well, it's certainly not something I would have bought. I tried it for an hour and it was fun for a while, but I got kinda tired of it. I think I got a little motion sickness while playing it. Oh well, can't beat free.

Top Bottom