• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection has a bit less blood but no other edits in localized version.

Zackat

I remember the other thread explaining this but I still didn't get it. If I buy this game on my vita digitally do I get both games like you do with physical? Or is this still an unknown at this point?

Mozendo

It's so incredibly silly that people passing up on this game on things that doesn't affect the actual game play.

koutoru

I remember the other thread explaining this but I still didn't get it. If I buy this game on my vita digitally do I get both games like you do with physical? Or is this still an unknown at this point?
This confused me as well until yesterday.

For the EU, if you pre order the vita version of GE 2 through psn you get both.

In the US, you have to buy both individually. However buying both individually will amount to the same cost of the PS4 version in the US.

This was explained in a twitch stream Bandai had recently.

Dremark

Banned
2 has some new gameplay systems, like Arts, different special attacks you can select based on your weapon, and Rage, which is pretty much like a Devil Trigger.

I edited that post for you, we wouldn't want anyone to be offended.

Zackat

This confused me as well until yesterday.

For the EU, if you pre order the vita version of GE 2 through psn you get both.

In the US, you have to buy both individually. However buying both individually will amount to the same cost of the PS4 version in the US.

This was explained in a twitch stream Bandai had recently.
Dang this is weird haha. Thanks!

Sitrus

The Aragami do kind of bleed a bit when you slash them. I went back through the GE2 cutscenes and couldn't find anything, so unless it's something from Rage Burst, I dunno.

I cannot remember any blood during me playing a few chapters of GE2:RB recently either. Can it be that some Blood Arts were too bloody? :S

Greddleok

Can someone tell me why this game is so revered and there's so much excitement for it? The gameplay in that youtube video looked...awful.

Eusis

Why Nintendo? Am I missing something? God Eater is a PsVita game..
Jokes about recent Nintendo localization calls. Is weird we're seeing this sort of stuff again when it seemed to be sliding in occurrence outside of really extreme and skeevy stuff.

Toxi

Banned
All of the Halo games until 5 were rated M because of blood, actually. Meanwhile all of the Uncharted were rated T. Don't look for logic here.

Uncharted is extremely light on blood, whereas Halo has blood that remains on the ground.

Though if I remember right, I read that the M rating had more to do with the atmosphere in the blood levels, and Bungie wasn't willing to change it.

Either way, Halo being M does seem a bit excessive. If we had a +15 rating I think that would be more appropriate, maybe even for Uncharted as well.
I don't have it with me, but I remember a Halo 2 art book that said the first game caught a M rating as soon as the ESRB saw the Flood.

Toxi

Banned
Less blood in the... US? My brain cannot process this.
It's not really that surprising. Compare a shounen anime to a cartoon like Avatar.

There are a lot of really bloody games popular in the US, but they're generally M-rated.

Zolo

Kinda weird to see it the opposite way.
It's not really that surprising. Compare a shounen anime to a cartoon like Avatar.

There are a lot of bloody games popular in the US, but they're generally M-rated.

Yeah. Japan seems to generally get away with more violence at lower ratings, but less violence at higher ratings.

Toxi

Banned
Kinda weird to see it the opposite way.

Yeah. Japan seems to generally get away with more violence at lower ratings, but less violence at higher ratings.
The funniest part is that crazy violence is 100% okay as long as it's not explicit. The Dark Knight is rated PG-13 because, while it's brutally violent, there's not a drop of blood onscreen. The Joker kills a man by stabbing a pencil through his eyeball and it's A-OK because we don't see the blood or his face afterwards.

Mentok

Banned
I'm confused.... it appears I'll have to buy GE:Res seperately from GE2:RB? I thought both would be released in one physical package (looking for PS4).

I'm confused.... it appears I'll have to buy GE:Res seperately from GE2:RB? I thought both would be released in one physical package (looking for PS4).
It says it's included right on the box. Not sure if it's just a download though.
81Kx-SdAxSL._SL1500_.jpg

Mozendo

Can someone tell me why this game is so revered and there's so much excitement for it? The gameplay in that youtube video looked...awful.
Do you just like being negative on hunting game threads that aren't monster hunter? You did the same thing in the Soul Sacrifice thread yesterday.

Top Bottom