• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
To be fair, they didn't "break in" - the files were publicly listed and accessible. That's bad security right there.

Well, the thing is: all those links were in the actual HTML code which is the most insecure thing that can possibly happen

I agree that the artist shouldn't suffer from this but yeah.. his NDA work wasn't well protected at all
Ah, gotcha

Still sucks though. Keep leaks as anonymous as possible.

He may be the main character now, but it's not like they couldn't come up with a new main character that fits the mythology. I feel like it's going to feel really stupid having him be the main character in a different mythology. It's not as if this is Kratos in his universe. He'll be in a different universe. He has no connections with Norse mythology.

The other pantheons exist in GoW.

iNvid02

Kratos doesn't really bother me. He's silent protagonist outside of the cutscenes, which are terrible in their own right. All I need is a vector to commit heinous crimes against monsters and gods.

what if we break the barriers down further, delay this, get rid of kratos and turn into a vr game

MMaRsu

Banned
wow kratos again? fuck that

And there it is BruceLeeroy with the confirm.

Seriously, Norse mythology is dope af but I sure as HELL dont want another Kratos.. jesus

Dennis

Banned
Thanks. But I meant this pic

6okAw4z.jpg

It isn't available anywhere else. Any original link for it?

Please be serious, please be serious.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
They didn't but GAF members did. lol

They just mentioned finding the artwork while poking around a "concept artist" website in his NDA section but didn't mention names.

Also for people who work under an NDA....DO NOT TITLE YOUR FOLDER NDA!

Nibel

Kratos is one of the most recognizable PlayStation mascots out there; I have no idea why people expected him not to be in this game as he is the actual god of war.

Besides, we neither know his motivation for this title nor if this really is the Kratos from GOW1-3; maybe it's just like James Bond where they use the same name and basic look but a different character, who knows

Eventhough I am not too fond of the overused setting, I have faith in SSM to pull such beauty in the universe. The artworks just confirm that. They have great imagination and artistic talent.

I am even going to choose one of those as my wallpaper to make me wait for the game:

I don't know which one looks more beautiful. I think I will choose the second one. :p

FelipeMGM

well, deleting his portfolio makes things more interesting. Its the real deal

Also, I really hope those other pics really are for RDR 2(3)

-Horizon-

exactly

that's the problem
:eek:

Then we might as well get rid of him. There is no anger management class good enough to handle him.

I wouldn't be so sure, I love Azura's but the story and cinematics are Narutolike and the game is waaaaaaay cinematic and QTE fest so, keep that in mind.
I might be ok with that. I think I'm going to go refresh my mind by watching a few videos.

Maybe. But I highly doubt it.
Awww. I think I can do that free trial they give but I'll check first then.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kratos is one of the most recognizable PlayStation mascots out there; I have no idea why people expected him not to be in this game as he is the actual god of war.

Besides, we neither know his motivation for this title nor if this really is the Kratos from GOW1-3; maybe it's just like James Bond where they use the same name and basic look but a different character, who knows
The ending of GoWIII sets up a different take on Kratos pretty well. Hope's release had a profound effect on him, the game wnds with his only selfless act. I expect his driving motivations and characterization will be different.

I expect something like Athena's ghost rallying the gods against him when he's just trying to settle down.

Not having Kratos would be the worst possible decision Sony could make. Without him it would just be like Viking: Battle for Asgard, so go play that if you want a Norse themed GoW.

It's also the reason people didn't buy the new DMC because they got rid of the iconic character for a new one, and even if he was a great character the peoples first question is why can't I play as Dante.

Tyr is the god of war in norse mythology. I wodner if Kratos has to fight him in order to take his crown like he did with Ares.

Tagyhag

Awesome, anyone who doesn't think Norse mythology is metal as fuck should research Ragnarok.

This was the only logical next step.

Also, sure Kratos is meh but come on guys, they're not going to make an interesting new character.

doofy102

If this was a Norse Kratos, people would get into it. But it isn't Norse Kratos, it's the same old Greek Kratos with clothes and a beard. The tattoos and baldness destroy any chance of this Kratos feeling new because they take us straight back to Greek Kratos.

Also, the axe is so lame. It's so bland. It's the most cliche weapon ever. This is what a 12 year old kid could come up with.

When they were designing Krato's weapon in God of War, they mercifully didn't go with the cliche Spartan shield and spear. They came up with something cool which offered unique combat. The creativity has clearly been regressing.

Top Bottom