• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

KingK

Todd seems honest and humble, which is nice. It's good to hear him acknowledge some things felt dated and that they needed to breathe some freshness into the series.

Endo Punk

God of War franchise is extremely lucky to have variety of directors who are passionate and 'get' GoW. In many other games a change in director usually damages the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I want to see some MP games like this since it's lacking innovation, it seems. Come on, quit over reacting. I swear some of you just want the same shit but then complain about it being more of the same. Make up your minds.

There's a reason why Halo or GoW fans keep coming back. Not that we've seen the new game mechanics in SP either.

I want to see some MP games like this since it's lacking innovation, it seems. Come on, quit over reacting. I swear some of you just want the same shit but then complain about it being more of the same. Make up your minds.

There's a reason why Halo or GoW fans keep coming back. Not that we've seen the new game mechanics in SP either.

Positive thinkers have no place on GAF apparently.

Honestly, I don't want them to think that adding multiplayer and more ridiculous set-pieces (I.E. big, scripted, looping things thrashing in the background that have little to offer to the actual experience) is the way to give the franchise more recognition. That's not what they need to take their games forward, because there's gonna be a point where gamers are just gonna grow tired of their games feeling archaic or "gamey" (I hate that word too but, eh..). I want them to think less objectively and take a long hard look at films and figure out how to use visuals to convey something.

KingK

This actually looks pretty fucking awesome, imo. Hope they do a beta.

Also, they should do some co-op and horde type modes.

tusken77

Oh wow, when they switched between the concept art and then the game. It looked almost identical. Literally a painting coming to life.

Top Bottom