• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation Available This Holiday Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation Available This Holiday Season!
The fans spoke and we listened.
For those that recall the God of War survey conducted earlier this year, an overwhelming amount of the community suggested the PlayStation 2 experiences of Kratos be brought forth to the PlayStation 3.

Thanks to your feedback, we are excited to announce the God of War Collection for this Holiday Season. Now fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic journey of God of War and God of War II in 720p HD form. Both titles have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience, only on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring the PlayStation Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the very first time.

This is your chance to experience God of War is its true form before the chaos of God of War III hits store shelves come March 2010.

ALL OVER MY FACE

manzo

FUCK!

We just did a marathon of GoW 1&2 with my friend, now this is announced!

Still, day fucking one.

Xater

Wow Sony can't keep anything secret anymore.

I have to say that it sounds really tempting. Trophies + 720p + AA = Awesome

Shurs

2cdbh90.jpg

Goron2000

best junior ever
It's on blu-ray so i assume it will be region free. Will it work on all regions? Being a PS2 game i don't know. Someone help.

Shurs

I hope this starts a trend of remastered PS2 classics available on PS3. Next up on my wish list the games of Team Ico.

Ranger X

Shurs said:
I hope this starts a trend of remastered PS2 classics available on PS3. Next up on my wish list the games of Team Ico.

Could you imagine (without dying from an heart attack) having Shadow of The Collossus remaster @60fps 720p + 2xAA with a Last Guardian demo packed in?

I would totally bite at full price day one.

scobur

Banned
Shurs said:
HD SotC at 60 fps?

I feel a rise in my toga...

If they roll out a similar compilation of ICO and SotC in anticipation of The Last Guardian's release, I will dance a jig straight through the center of the Earth.

Alucrid

Banned
Shurs said:

That would be incredible. If they did the same thing as GoW (update visuals a bit, minor tweaks and trophies for PS3 play) I would totally buy that. All they would need is a demo for the Last Guardian and I'd buy two.

Leckan

BTW does this partially explain the lack of PS2 BC? Maybe Sony want to go this route instead, since it could possibly become more profitable for them?

miserable

Ranger X said:
Could you imagine (without dying from an heart attack) having Shadow of The Collossus remaster @60fps 720p + 2xAA with a Last Guardian demo packed in?

I would totally bite at full price day one.

YES!:D

Also GOW 1 and 2 on ps2 were running at 60fps, it just was a very unstable 60fps...

hyonoid

remaster by:

About Bluepoint Games, Inc.
Bluepoint Games, Inc. is a highly experienced team of seasoned gaming industry veterans whose work includes six titles that have sold over a million copies each. Bluepoint Games’ first title, Blast Factor™ (2006), made exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, was one of the first titles available at the launch of the PlayStation®Store. Located in Austin, Texas, they continue their mission to produce high quality video games with a lasting appeal that are fun to play.
For more information, email info@bluepointgames.com.

Barto

Neo Member
Kinda gutted in a way, only recently bought GoW 1 still yet to complete it, I'd rather hold off and buy the collection now but it will be like £35 in the UK I bet :s DILEMMA!!!

tino

Banned
I haven't brought any new/full priced game for a long while. It's actually more likely for me to buy a "remastered" GoW pack or Team Ico pack than any upcoming PS3 game.

If they remaster DQ8, FF12 I would buy them too.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
scobur said:
If they roll out a similar compilation of ICO and SotC in anticipation of The Last Guardian's release, I will dance a jig straight through the center of the Earth.

315ldep.gif
?

Sounds awesome.

This HAS to somehow tie in with a demo of GOW3. Fix up and GIVE US THE E3 DEMO! :D

Also, +1 to Team Ico bundle with The Last Guardian demo.

DieH@rd said:
Why no 1080p? :)
I was wondering this myself, but at the same time wondering what kind of issues they need to sort out for making it 720p and shuddering.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Shurs said:
that would definitely be a good way to both build hype and educate people on some of Sony's revered series.

Ico/SotC in the lead up to The Last Guardian
Sly series in preparation for its PS3 debut

The mind boggles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom