• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War has gone gold

bitbydeath

Must be time to put my pre-order down.

God of War is GOLD, baby!!! Going gold is an important milestone for a game. In fact, it is one of the ‘big two’ really. You have getting ‘greenlit’, which kicks off the real development of your title, and ‘going gold’ as the two most important milestones in a games development cycle.

The latter is the right of passage that lets the team, and more importantly the world, know that the game’s development is pretty much complete. All that remains is the manufacturing and shipping part of the process.

40245505034_784c9eb7cb_c.jpg

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ariest-most-wonderful-thing-i-have-ever-done/

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im still little skeptical about the combat, but I was wrong about games in my first impression like TMS, so I'm willing to give this try before completely judge the entire game.

Last edited:

Calibos

Sweet! Congrats to them! I was very close to selling my PS4 in January, but am glad I didn’t...Hyped to try this out and see if I can actually like Kratos as a character...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now to start working on that Day 1 patch...

In all seriousness though - great job everyone that worked on this game. I've had my copy pre-ordered since last year and I'm pretty stoked that they're departing quite a bit from the original formula (which I had a hard time finding interesting even after dozens of attempts).

Im still little skeptical about the combat, but I wast about games in my first impression like TMS, so I'm will to give this try before completely judge the entire game.
You already know I feel the same. Well that, and the kids chatter and voice actor.......

Chaostar

They have predicted the MC score in gold Sharpie on the disk.

Either 90, 93 or 96 ???

Last edited:

gioGAF

Very interested in this, though after Ascension (hated it), God of War is now on the "wait for reviews" category, rather than automatic. I will probably wait it out for a complete edition anyway. Wish game publishers would confirm if there will be additional content right from the beginning, that way I don't have to wait and see all the time.

DavidGzz

Ready for this to be my game of the generation taking Bloodborne's spot. The impressions have been better than I can recall for any other game and the combat looks right up my alley.

iorek21

It's so weird to think that a final version of a long-awaited game goes to mass production inside a disk like that...

I mean, I never really thought about it...

Aklamarth

It's so weird to think that a final version of a long-awaited game goes to mass production inside a disk like that...

Does it ? What are they going to do, ship that disc back to China for mass production ? Or Sony just allows access to the private FTP server to the companies who make the discs ?

The "golden disc" thing was how things worked +15 years ago. Now they do it as a publicity stunt.

Last edited:

Shifty

Cool. Now ship the game and we'll see how it plays.

The "golden disc" thing was how things worked +15 years ago. Now they do it as a publicity stunt.
This, essentially. It's free pat-on-the-back PR that you slot in toward the end of the production cycle in order to keep interest until release.

And every time we get to be educated on how important of a milestone going gold is, and how arduous but ultimately worth it the process has been for our diligent, hard-working dev team who we totally aren't crunching to death, and how the game will be on store shelves within a month so please pre-order it.
It was sort of heartwarming the first couple of times but now it's becoming so transparent as to be trite.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's a sweet picture. I don't think I've ever seen a production disc outside of those beta cd's from the PS1 era. I hope the game rocks. I got my copy preordered.

Tetraeon

Very psyched for this. Haven't picked up a new PS4 title for a while. This is the first one to actually grab my interest, hopefully the one-shot camera is as impressive as I'm imagining.

Cannot wait to play this.
Very psyched for this. Haven't picked up a new PS4 title for a while. This is the first one to actually grab my interest, hopefully the one-shot camera is as impressive as I'm imagining.
Similar situation here. Looking forward to it. It's going to be phenomenal, I'm glad they've decided to go in this direction because it sounds very promising.

Does anyone know what the unlock time is for digital downloads? I'm in the CST zone so if it unlocks early I'll get there vs physical.

cucuchu

Damn this game snuck up on me.

I was hoping to play through all the GoW games before release but I only made it through the first on PS NOW. Playing the second now but I am utterly shit at the thumb-stick rotation QTE's and its extremely frustrating.

Does anyone know what the unlock time is for digital downloads? I'm in the CST zone so if it unlocks early I'll get there vs physical.

Almost every game I've preordered allows you to play at whatever time conversion it is for midnight EST. So 9pm for PST and such.

Manus

After seeing so many clips i have seen no blood. Am I just missing it or watching the wrong clips?

Last edited:
Top Bottom