• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK launches on November 9

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I almost forgot I picked an avatar for you :messenger_smirking:

0JRlQv8.png
How do you dare to put boobs on this female!! Sony dont tolerate femininity in our females characters anymore.. didnt you get the memo ?

SSfox

It's not unlike any of their other games.

There will be a deep dive SoP, and a marketing blitz this Fall/Winter.

Concerned over marketing is an all new goalpost by some. Marketing, lol.
C'mon man, can we have some balanced people here? It's either hater or fanboy? Also no Sony don't announce release dates with CGI trailers usually.

It's fine if you're satisfied with this CGI trailer, but i'm not. I want to see more of the game, like a proper state of play, and i' think most of us want this, and even except this.

JaksGhost

Fenrir is huge.

I wish we get the QTE back on big bosses.

I understand it's an archaic system but it looks so cool in the past GOW games. I was always hyped to fight the next big bosses in the past GOW because it was always a spectacle because of this.
QTEs never left the series. The boss fight with Hraezlyr is a prime example.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
C'mon man, can we have some balanced people here? It's either hater or fanboy? Also no Sony don't announce release dates with CGI trailers usually.

It's fine if you're satisfied with this CGI trailer, but i'm not. I want to see more of the game, like a proper state of play, and i' think most of us want this, and even except this.
I don't need to be marketed to with God of War of all games.

As for a proper SoP, you know damned well it's coming. We have 4 months to go. September, bet.

killatopak

QTEs never left the series. The boss fight with Hraezlyr is a prime example.
Really can't remember it much. I think the specific one that I remember was only the final boss fight.

I guess it's been too long or it wasn't as in your face. Sorry if I was mistaken.

CamHostage

Crossgen, Crossgen, Low Budget Crossgen, Looks like Crossgen and Crossgen.
Thank god there is so much good multiplatform stuff on PC.

Joke post, or...
PC is inherently a "cross-gen" platform. There are thresholds for Minimum Requirements, and sometimes games are dependent on new functions of graphics cards or CPUs to work, but I don't know if there's ever been a PC game that hardline requires that every component and OS aspect must be of a new generation to work.

reksveks

It's not unlike any of their other games.

There will be a deep dive SoP, and a marketing blitz this Fall/Winter.

Concerned over marketing is an all new goalpost by some. Marketing, lol.
This forum has a lot of concern ove marketing ala CG trailers at E3 or how early games get announced. I don't understand it but its not a new thing for this forum.

Last edited:

Three

Thank god there’s something this latter year for me - does anyone know if they’re showing gameplay soon? Have they said?
They've shown gameplay snippets already ages ago. Most of this is gameplay

anything else will probably just take away from the game and be a spoiler for the boss/story encounters and new enemies/weapons. I don't want to be spoilt anymore on that stuff personally.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I'm sorry but I still don't buy it. I still believe the game is going to get delayed into 2023 at the last moment. There was all these rumors about troubled development and delayed annoucements and then they suddenly are green and good to go? Would love to be wrong obviously.
AFAIK, the only thing about the development that was troubled was them waiting on Christopher Judge to recover from surgery.

Most everything else was either wishful thinking or just flat out wrong.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
That was such a letdown compared to all the hype. A random blog post? 20 seconds of quick edit cg? I’m day one but come on, that was the most anticlimactic thing g they could’ve done after all this time.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Not gonna lie that Mjølner is awesome.

I would've buy the collection solely for that but I'm broke lol. Have no interest in the game itself tho.

Last edited:

SSfox

I don't need to be marketed to with God of War of all games.

As for a proper SoP, you know damned well it's coming. We have 4 months to go. September, bet.
I'm GOW stan, so i'm buyin' it even they didn't show anything, GOW is one my favorite franchise and SSM is one of my fav studio. But the way they market it is hella weird.

Well i hope you're right, and it better be.

I'm sorry but I still don't buy it. I still believe the game is going to get delayed into 2023 at the last moment. There was all these rumors about troubled development and delayed annoucements and then they suddenly are green and good to go? Would love to be wrong obviously.
That's your problem right there. Maybe we shouldn't feed into these so called rumors?
Actually the first game had actual issues. Those guys were building an engine while making a reboot of a beloved IP.

This game doesn't have nearly as many issues of development.

It's also been close to half a decade since the previous entry came out. It's really not a weird time to release a sequel

MiguelItUp

Next year on PC?
I wouldn't tell yourself next year, but it WILL be on PC in due time. Don't give yourself a date so you're not let down. :)

The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm thinking I probably won't pull the trigger on the collector's. At first I was like, YESSSSSS! But now I'm like, man, they're just gonna sit there and get dusty. Stoked for the game though! Along with the inevitable double dip on PC.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Not to boob on the party but after PS+ Extra I find it really hard to put 70$ on a single game. I’ll probably wait as I’m still yet to finish the first one.

Top Bottom