• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War to run up to 60FPS with performance mode on PS5, saves will transfer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

unknown.png

Send me into Niflheim if old.

GustavoLT

Don't think the game could run 4k/60fps on BC mode when Pro was not 4k even (checkerboard).

on BC mode maybe not... but with a patch yes! Unless they´re making an exclusive paid remaster to launch with the next game! like Spideman

vkbest

1) This is why unlocked above-30 framerate options should always be offered.

2) "Up to 60fps" is disappointing for PS5 when PS4 Pro did that already.

Pro is 55-60 the 90% of game (I think the game is even performing better in the last patch). PS5 will lock. I think Sony is using "Up to" on some minor drops.

on BC mode maybe not... but with a patch yes! Unless they´re making an exclusive paid remaster to launch with the next game! like Spideman

Even with patch is a PS4 BC game. They would need to remaster.

Last edited:
Yeah kind of an underwhelming patch. I thought the PS5 would be able to run all these games at 4k/60fps fairly easily, its a bit disappointing to see the limitations. Maybe they'll patch it better later.

geordiemp

Funny all the concern, Sony always say upto.

They have not said any resolution, but reading seems difficult for most above me lol.

Wait for the full patch details, you know its been patched right ?

This is like the Ubisoft 4k and 60 FPS yesterday, which had to change to 4k at 60 to keep the concerners happy.

And Riky Riky triggering all my posts, the uber troll.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Even with patch is a PS4 BC game. They would need to remaster.

Eh.. not necessarily. They can patch the PS4 version to detect PS5 boost mode and change the graphics configuration including the resolution and unlock framerates.

Last edited:
Funny all the concern, Sony always say upto.

They have not said any resolution

Wait for the full patch details, you know its been patched right ?

This is like the Ubisoft 4k and 60 FPS yesterday, which had to change to 4k at 60 to keep the concerners happy.

Um, how about instead of taking out your own concern on people who are confused on the messaging, take it out on the people sending the mixed messages, aka Ubisoft and Sony?

Good for Ubisoft for fixing their own confusing messaging, you sure showed them doubters!

geordiemp

Eh.. not necessarily. They can patch the PS4 version to detect PS5 boost mode and change the graphics configuration including the resolution and unlock framerates.

They ahve already patched it, they have not annoucned what the patch is, only its 60 FPS and games transfer.

Posters seeing things that are not there - usual warriors.

geordiemp

Um, how about instead of taking out your own concern on people who are confused on the messaging, take it out on the people sending the mixed messages, aka Ubisoft and Sony?

Good for Ubisoft for fixing their own confusing messaging, you sure showed them doubters!

If something is not said, people assuming the worst that is not said anywhere in the article.

That is the definition of FUD as that information does not exist. And here they come......

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

So using "and" and "at" interchangeably is mixed messaging now?

Good to know.

Andodalf

Banned
Yeah kind of an underwhelming patch. I thought the PS5 would be able to run all these games at 4k/60fps fairly easily, its a bit disappointing to see the limitations. Maybe they'll patch it better later.

It’s not a patch, just BC

Not even a locked 60 at 1080p? They can't be serious.

It’s possible the game doesn’t have boost mode, for whatever reason

Last edited:

vkbest

BC mode even in boost mode will not get the full power from console than native games. Even with a remaster I wouldn’t expect this game running to 4k/60fps.

Besides, they confirmed “framerate mode” and that is running at 1080p currently

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lame. I was hoping they would unlocked the 30 fps cap on the resolution mode.

i played the shit out of this game for almost 200 hours and almost all of them were in the performance mode. i never had any issues with a fluctuating fps because it always felt like it was over 50 fps and closer to 60 than 40.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
BC mode even in boost mode will not get the full power from console than native games. Even with a remaster I wouldn’t expect this game running to 4k/60fps.

It should be like putting a far more powerful graphics card/CPU and much faster drive in a PC.

This "not get the full power" narrative is kind of silly; outside of likely not taking advantage of some of the texture decompression stuff it'll "have access to" the power of the system.

So using "and" and "at" interchangeably is mixed messaging now?

Good to know.

Sigh....

"Xbox Series X | S: Take in the mysterious Northern Lights of Norway or the majesty of England’s Stonehenge in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. "
vs
"PlayStation 5: PS5 players can immerse themselves in the stunning open world with the power of the Tempest 3D Audio Engine to hear the environment around them, along with detailed 4K and 60 frames per second "

"Xbox Series X | S: With the power of the Xbox Series X you can bolt through the huge open world by ground or air in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second "
vs
"PlayStation 5: Race and ride through the National Parks of the United States in 4K and 60 frames per second. "

Yeah, anyone looking at that would notice the explicit difference in wording between the two platforms and wonder... why? I'd like a logical explanation as to why they would even do that in the first place if there was literally no difference. Xbox version explicitly stated "at" 60fps is different from "4K and 60fps"

To me, the wording implies one plays at both 4K and 60fps at the same time whereas the other implies on or the other. Not my problem they can't send a straight forward message.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Pro is 55-60 the 90% of game (I think the game is even performing better in the last patch). PS5 will lock. I think Sony is using "Up to" on some minor drops.
It can’t be locked and have drops lol

sounds like this is just the game running normally? it already has a “up to 60fps” mode...

GHG

Gold Member
Sigh....

"Xbox Series X | S: Take in the mysterious Northern Lights of Norway or the majesty of England’s Stonehenge in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. "
vs
"PlayStation 5: PS5 players can immerse themselves in the stunning open world with the power of the Tempest 3D Audio Engine to hear the environment around them, along with detailed 4K and 60 frames per second "

"Xbox Series X | S: With the power of the Xbox Series X you can bolt through the huge open world by ground or air in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second "
vs
"PlayStation 5: Race and ride through the National Parks of the United States in 4K and 60 frames per second. "

Yeah, anyone looking at that would notice the explicit difference in wording between the two platforms and wonder... why? I'd like a logical explanation as to why they would even do that in the first place if there was literally no difference.

The difference can be something as simple as two different people being responsible for the wording for each platform. In this scenario the words can be used interchangeably.

But instead idiots decided to trip over themselves to find meaning in something inconsequential. If you were one of those people then yes, you are an idiot.

Sigh indeed.

Last edited:
The difference can be something as simple as two different people being responsible for the wording for each platform. In this scenario the words can be used interchangeably.

But instead idiots decided to trip over themselves to find meaning in something inconsequential. If you were one of those people then yes, you are an idiot.

Sigh indeed.
Jesus, thats a bloody reach that. "oh it could be written by two different people" yeah ok then lmao.

What strikes me though is that you yourself don't even know why it was like that, but are defending it like you know all the stuff. You're as much of an idiot as the people you bump your gums (or fingers) at.

Please don't get my messaging in this post wrong, it was written by two different poeple also :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

geordiemp

Jesus, thats a bloody reach that. "oh it could be written by two different people" yeah ok then lmao.

What strikes me though is that you yourself don't even know why it was like that, but are defending it like you know all the stuff. You're as much of an idiot as the people you bump your gums (or fingers) at.

Please don't get my messaging in this post wrong, it was written by two different poeple also :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ubisoft have already changed the wording TODAY due to trolls inferring stuff that was never said. Updated :

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

What's there to defend?

Every rational person on this planet that read it didn't even notice a difference until some people who wanted it to mean something started making noise about it. So much so that Ubisoft had to go out of their way to put a stop to the nonsense. Tells you everything you need to know.

As for it being a reach, no. You might want to look into linguistic patterns and how certain words can give away whether a piece of writing was comprised of multiple authors.

Best of luck in your future forensic investigations.

Ubisoft have already changed the wording TODAY due to trolls inferring stuff that was never said.
You can go ahead and take Ubi's word for it all you want, more power to you but i'll wait for actual comparisons before jumping to the defence of Ubi thanks.

What's there to defend?

I don't know? you tell me because here you are defending Ubi's dodgy wording because how dare these non-rational incomptent people get confused!? I mean, you literally commented on me when i wasn't even talking to you to begin with. Also, who are these specific people you are driving that narrative against?

Every rational person on this planet that read it didn't even notice a difference until some people who wanted it to mean something started making noise about it. So much so that Ubisoft had to go out of their way to put a stop to the nonsense. Tells you everything you need to know.
Ah, and the narrative is out. Who are these certain people can i ask?

As for it being a reach, no. You might want to look into linguistic patterns and how certain words can give away whether a piece of writing was comprised of multiple authors.

followed by

Best of luck in your future forensic investigations.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
You can go ahead and take Ubi's word for it all you want, more power to you but i'll wait for actual comparisons before jumping to the defence of Ubi thanks.

Oh now you want to wait when yesterday it was all about finding meaning in the words and/at and drawing conclusions?

What's changed? Or are we now dismissing their updated statement and still trying to draw conclusions?

If only you approached Microsoft's PR statements with the same level of scepticism, if you did you probably wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

I don't know? you tell me because here you are defending Ubi's dodgy because how dare these non-rational incomptent people get confused!? I mean, you literally commented on me when i wasn't even talking to you to begin with. Also, who are these specific people you are driving that narrative against?

So not only are ubisoft using "mixed messaging" for using and/at interchangeably, they are now also "dodgy" for doing so and then clarifying the situation because some people decided to create something out of nothing.

This is quite something.

Last edited:
Amazing people who call themselves hardcore and enthusiast, get confused at the most simplest of messaging at times, which is usually oppo brand dependent.

Where did i call myself a hardcore or enthusiast :messenger_tears_of_joy: Amazing how you make stuff up out of thin air for attention and dramatic effect.

giphy.gif

Oh now you want to wait when yesterday it was all about finding meaning in the words and/at and drawing conclusions?

What's changed? Or are we now dismissing their updated statement and still trying to draw conclusions?

If only you approached Microsoft's PR statements with the same level of scepticism, if you did you probably wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

Wait, i was in that thread saying stuff like that, or are you just spinning up another narrative? Not once did i say anything about what was said in the post to be true or final, you're literally just making shit up now.

Those are my only comments, now what is it that i'm supposed to have been saying again? Nothing. Stop lying.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where did i call myself a hardcore or enthusiast :messenger_tears_of_joy: Amazing how you make stuff up out of thin air for attention and dramatic effect.

giphy.gif

Wait, i was in that thread saying stuff like that, or are you just spinning up another narrative? Not once did i say anything about what was said in the post to be true or final, you're literally just making shit up now.

Those are my only comments, now what is it that i'm supposed to have been saying again? Nothing. Stop lying.

Twas a general statement based on what this type of message boards usually draw and have been known for. It’s not normie Twitter.

Carry on, noble warrior!

Last edited:
Carry on, noble warrior!
giphy.gif

Ever heard the term "pot meet kettle" :messenger_tears_of_joy: I also love how i got your original comment quoted without your edited zinger haha.

So not only are ubisoft using "mixed messaging" for using and/at interchangeably, they are now also "dodgy" for doing so and then clarifying the situation because some people decided to create something out of nothing.

This is quite something.

As for you, it's a spelling mistake or rather an omission of a word by accident. You know how it be GHG, two people writing the same post, can be awful confusing and mistakes can happen. Funny how that be eh?

Now, do keep showing your colours for everyone in here to see, you're clearly trying to paint me as something i'm not, but failing miserably at it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Ever heard the term "pot meet kettle" :messenger_tears_of_joy: I also love how i got your original comment quoted without your edited zinger haha.

As for you, it's a spelling mistake or rather an omission of a word by accident. You know how it be GHG, two people writing the same post, can be awful confusing and mistakes can happen. Funny how that be eh?

Now, do keep showing your colours for everyone in here to see, you're clearly trying to paint me as something i'm not, but failing miserably at it.
Please. I may have preferences, but yo ass goes hard in the paint.

GHG

Gold Member

The only person here spinning up a narrative is the one trying to excuse people for spinning up a ridiculous narrative based out of whether the word "and" or "at" was used in a statement. That alone tells me you were in agreement with them. And now you want to plead innocence?

Better luck next time.

I've been here long enough for people to know my "colours". Don't give a fuck. You should try it someday instead of attempting to maintain this innocent damsel in distress visage while failing miserably.

Last edited:
The only person here spinning up a narrative is the one trying to excuse people for spinning up a ridiculous narrative based out of whether the word "and" or "at" was used in a statement. That alone tells me you were in agreement with them. And now you want to plead innocence?

Better luck next time.
What do you mean "trying to excuse" lmao? Do you want the decapitated for their insolence!? Hanged in the streets? Fuck sake, how dare people question weird wording on an Ubisoft post!!!!!

I am in agreement though, and so are Ubisoft seeing as they went ahead and corrected it you tool of a person.

Oh please, I've been here long enough for people to know my "colours". Don't give a fuck. You should try it someday instead of attempting to maintain this innocent damsel in distress visage while failing miserably.

giphy.gif

btw, take notes on my profile pic, does it look familiar to you? I don't hide anything.

Concern

Damn i get out the gym and see this thread is on fire lol. More crow served for the trolls saying shit about Gears 5 for example running at 4k/60fps or 120fps. What was that? "It should easily run at 4k/60fps, its a last gen game." Well that didn't age well.

OT: This is disappointing, no other way to spin it. Does it deter me? No, I already played the game but its still not a good look.

Last edited:
Top Bottom