• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall for PS5/PC short gameplay leak

Yeah it's way too early to say much based on this very short clip. The game could literally be anything.

But if this turns out to be a solid 4k60 in the PS5, I think I'll be impressed for sure.

Blood Borne

juxtaposing this thread with the “crunch” thread highlights the hilarity and hypocrisy of gamers.
The game isn’t even out or have an official gameplay video, yet people are already bashing the game, saying it looks shit and demanding all sorts and to be released in time for next gen launch, BUT THEY DONT WANT CRUNCH.

K.N.W.

Those floors could easily be screen-space reflections. Remember SSR is dynamic and it would be very hard to distinquish between it and ray-tracing if your camera is directly in front of the mirror surface.
If you look closely, you can see an offscren enemy's yellow glow reflecting on the floor, so 100% those are not SSRs, and 99% it's using raytracing since even cubemaps should be not able to reflect an unpredictable offscreen dynamic light.

Anyway, I see that this game has an exaggerated dynamic lighting system and particle system that I've never on seen on consoles. Save this post, buy a crow and some salt, wait for the game to come out, and if it looks good, you'll eat it, otherwise I'll.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
If you look closely, you can see an offscren enemy's yellow glow reflecting on the floor, so 100% those are not SSRs, and 99% it's using raytracing since even cubemaps should be not able to reflect an unpredictable offscreen dynamic light.

Anyway, I see that this game has an exaggerated dynamic lighting system and particle system that I've never on seen on consoles. Save this post, buy a crow and some salt, wait for the game to come out, and if it looks good, you'll eat it, otherwise I'll.

It may very well have RT reflections. But what's to bet that the demo shown was on a PC and not a PS5?

Mista

Banned
who says its not going to be released on other consoles? the dev even said it themselves that its going to be released on consoles.
Mind linking me where they said that? Because according to their website, thats all they're showing

wsXpszq.png

K.N.W.

It may very well have RT reflections. But what's to bet that the demo shown was on a PC and not a PS5?
That's good point I didn't think about. Anyway, I read again my post, and I need to clarify that my crow challenge was up to anyone, not you. I thought that quoting you might have had confused the situation.

Sorry for the OT, but I don't feel like attacking anyone specifically(even by mistake) , I'm just a mad geek who cares too much about technology.
I liked the look of the game since the reveal, due to:
1)Crazy number of effects on screen
2)Crazy colorful lights
3)High fps

I don't really want to compare it to Hellblade due to the Sony\Microsoft drama, but I have to give credits to the developers since its look smells just feasible, not just a BS demo. The Hellblade demo, instead, has "EXTREME TECH DEMO" glittered over it. Almost no aliasing, extreme details, over the top depth of field..... Those kind of UE4 demos almost never materialize in real games... Let's hope for the best, but my point of view is: God Fall doesn't look "next gen" in every graphic aspect, just particle effects and various FXs, but totally looks a game made to have a great performance and it's reveal was aiming to show something real and feasable. I think HellBlade 2 is 99% going to look better, but it's a system/tech limit pusher, and those kind of experiments at launch almost always fail on the performance level (Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Dead Rising, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ryse and so on).

So we are really comparing apples to oranges, but, to me, anyone who just says the game doesn't look next gen at all, is not looking at all.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yes and not that I'm complaining but these comments are the reason we'll still get 30FPS games that push graphics over framerates (I'm 100% fine with 30FPS)

I'm happy we will still have devs making 30 fps games. I'd hate for everyone to go 60 fps only.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'm happy we will still have devs making 30 fps games. I'd hate for everyone to go 60 fps only.
Me too man, most visually impressive games this generation were 30FPS

The Order 1886
Uncharted 4
Driveclub
Detroit Become Human
Red Dead Redemption 2
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon Zero Dawn
Until Dawn

Of course there were some exceptions like DMC5 and RE2

Last edited:
I think we need some perspective lol

This is footage from early last year so there's still almost 2 years to improve

The game is 4K 60FPS

This isn't from a 1st party studio

Their studio is considered small by AAA production standards

The game looks great and this bodes well for next generation
Another bit of perspective, this is one game. Like are you really gonna judge a whole new generation based on the 1st game you see? I mean if you're a pessimist then I guess I could understand that. But, i'm guessing these are the same people that looked at Knack and thought "Is this next gen?" Imagine if you skipped this generation based on the 1st game you saw, Knack! You would have missed out on a lot of very good games.

Hobbygaming

Another bit of perspective, this is one game. Like are you really gonna judge a whole new generation based on the 1st game you see? I mean if you're a pessimist then I guess I could understand that. But, i'm guessing these are the same people that looked at Knack and thought "Is this next gen?" Imagine if you skipped this generation based on the 1st game you saw, Knack! You would have missed out on a lot of very good games.
Exactly! I see some people already talking like this is the ceiling for next gen. Godfall will look great come November, but we'll see better looking games

Like are you really gonna judge a generation off the first game you see? Imagine if you skipped this generation based on the 1sone you saw

Again, I don't see this happening anywhere

we are simply reacting to some of the first next-gen gameplay snippets we have been given, that 's all. Nothing more, nothing less

The sky isn't falling

Last edited:
Again, I don't see this happening anywhere

we are simply reacting to some of the first next-gen gameplay snippets we have been given, that 's all. Nothing more, nothing less

The sky isn't falling
I get that and I'm in the same boat. Was I impressed by GodFall, nope not really. I actually haven't even see the gameplay, it's already been taken down.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmmm...

The little snippet we saw prior to this looked better than this footage. I'm skeptical that this is the best representation of the game given it's a leaked trailer. I'll just remain cautiously optimistic, but I'm struggling to see what's next gen about what I'm seeing here.

One thing that's kinda rubbing me the wrong way is the protagonist character animations. He/she/it looks so...stiff and unnatural. What worries me is this may be close to final build.

EDIT:
Just saw the full trailer in the other thread. Animation hopes restored. It's early 2019 as well. Definitely more optimistic now. Still hard to see the next gen part. Though I'm sure raytracing is part of that equation. It's just kinda hard to see in this trailer.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Older footage as the dev said, when the final build shows up with all the RT and SSD sweet sauce, it will look even better.....I just hope they prioritize framerate.....

thelastword

Banned
Do you think that there is no “SSD sweet sauce” already implemented in this footage?
I think the dev specified it was old PC footage......Sony's SSD sauce is said to be a bit tastier than current PC configurations and besides, I'm not sure they were working with full Raytracing tech from AMD either and so far we've heard these are the two areas in which PS5 outdoes the competition...….They should be working on more finalized kit atm.....or close to it...

spawn

The weapons and armor look good. Considering this was made in early 2019 it already looks good. Doesn't quite look next gen impressive, but I'm expecting this will be shown at PS5 announcement and I'm expecting it to look better than this

I think we need some perspective lol

This is footage from early last year so there's still almost 2 years to improve

The game is 4K 60FPS

This isn't from a 1st party studio

Their studio is considered small by AAA production standards

The game looks great and this bodes well for next generation
I still think you're doing it wrong though mate.

Instead you should post something like:

'Lol, the PS4 can run this' OR,
'Looks weak and nothing special'

Something like that ^^ and you can feel confident you've contributed positively to the thread. Bear in mind that the footage shown is based on year old PC footage and nowhere near the final product.

Hobbygaming

I still think you're doing it wrong though mate.

Instead you should post something like:

'Lol, the PS4 can run this' OR,
'Looks weak and nothing special'

Something like that ^^ and you can feel confident you've contributed positively to the thread. Bear in mind that the footage shown is based on year old PC footage and nowhere near the final product.
😂 meanwhile we haven't seen gameplay for the games that they're praising

Top Bottom