• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla/Pacific Rim Crossover a Possibility

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-godzilla-king-kong-crossover-monsters-universe/

This question was posed to DeKnight by Collider’s own Steven Weintraub during an interview at New York Comic-Con a few weeks ago, and the filmmaker revealed that this crossover notion has very much been discussed:

“I won’t say there’s an Easter Egg but there’s been a lot of discussion about that possibility [of crossing over]. Look I think it would be fantastic to have the Pacific Rim universe join Legendary’s Monster Universe, it seems like a natural step. And part of the big overall plan after the third movie we’ve talked about is that could happen, it’s always a possibility. It’s by far not a certainty; it’s merely theoretical at this point, but as a fan myself I would love to see that happen.”

I would love this to happen, especially if the Jaegers and Godzilla team up against a bigger threat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It'd only work if it was the Anno Godzilla and it was 3 hours of Idris Elba in meetings with the Evangelion music playing in the background.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Godzilla's own acting is leagues better than the trash that was in Pacific Rim, so who knows how this would turn out.

Day One if it happens. Would love to see Jaegars duking it out with Godzilla before teaming up with G to take down a dozen other Kaiju.

Day One if it happens. Would love to see Jaegars duking it out with Godzilla before teaming up with G to take down a dozen other Kaiju.
I can see it now...

csQ8O_d.jpg

Daingurse

Cool. The Jaegers are gonna need a serious upgrade if that happens. They're not ready for the G-Man. He'd be like a Category 10 Kaiju.

Parch

If the Kong Godzilla crossover has any level of success, then of course Pacific Rim would love to join the party.

If they can agree to the licensing details, the logic of it is obvious. It's like it was meant to be.

There's no way they can take the Big G...... Unless they introduce that Jaeger's can combine into one giant Jaeger to fight Godzilla! Then again it doesn't matter because that wasn't even Godzilla's final form!

I'd cool be with it. The Jaegers would seriously need to be boosted up in terms of height and power though. As is they could easily be crushed by Godzilla. Still, it's robot mashing dinosaur fighting time.

Movie writes itself.

They send the jaegers to a combat zone and the kaiju never showed up. Something else is taking the kaijus down. Naturally because fear is in what we don't know, half of the movie they are trying to hunt down the culprit. Aliens from the rift eventually get a sample of Godzilla's DNA amidst the 3 way war being waged and sent thru multiple evil knock offs.

Yes please.
The only thing missing from the NuGodziverse is giant robots. We need to get there.
WE. NEED. JET. MOTHERFUCKING. JAGUAR.
Voiced by Dame Judi Dench.

Parch

Leveling the powers is just a technicality. Easy enough to come up with some bullshit story to make sure all corners are equally talented.

Gravidee

Please don't do this, the tones of Godzilla 2014 and Pacific Rim are polar opposite...

That tone could easily change. Kong Skull Island was not as serious of a movie as G2014 (in fact, it was fairly close to Pacific Rim in terms of the comedy/seriousness balance), so whatever follows could be anything in terms of tone. We'll have to wait until King of the Monsters releases to really find out what direction the new Godzilla stuff is going in.

I can see it now...

csQ8O_d.jpg

"Jet Jaguar was an original prototype Jaeger that was single pilot, and they have to bring it out of storage during Kong and Godzilla's return."

Also throw in the new Japanese Godzilla in too. 'Murica Godzilla vs. Godzilla Japan Vs. Jet Jaguar and Jaeger team-up. What else can we throw into this mess?

Plumbob

I don't get it.

Aren't each set of monsters separately the most catastrophic thing that's happened in each movie world?

Why would they not mention Godzilla when the Kaiju show up?

Pachinko

Pacific Rim is one of my favorite movies in the last 20 years and I have some interest in it's sequel but... I don't need those robots fighting godzilla.

Anyone who wants to see that style of cross over movie though, just go watch Final Wars , it's amazing in it's own right and pretty much a power rangers meet godzilla sort of movie.

Yy661IG.jpg

I'd only like it if they were self aware about how dumb it is like in the original King Kong vs Godzilla.

I'd rather Pacific Rim not be tainted by the American Godzilla anyways, let them be their own separate things.

I can’t wait to see what type of love story they try to cram into a movie like that in order to pull in the female demographic.

I don't get it.

Aren't each set of monsters separately the most catastrophic thing that's happened in each movie world?

Why would they not mention Godzilla when the Kaiju show up?

Thought about this too, ideally they would have to open a portal to a parallel universe or something.

ya'll forgetting that the Cat 5 kaiju tank huge nukes with little problem.

so I could see a team of Jeagers (5+) taking down godzilla.

Slattern was left mangled by the bomb, and I'm like 99% sure all of the monsters in the PR universe weigh far less than the American Godzilla. He'd probably crush a jaeger in half with a tail swipe.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love when someone in media says something is possible.
I mean, its even possible that Mickey Mouse has a Crossover with Bugs Bunny on the Enterprise. Doesnt mean it is likely but its a way to keep all options open.

Parch

Please don't do this, the tones of Godzilla 2014 and Pacific Rim are polar opposite...
Tone maybe, but isn't Godzilla like a Kaiju? I mean he's almost exactly like a Kaiju.

This is a crossover that seems like the most natural thing ever. It is meant to be.

Latest Godzilla was awesome.

Pacific Rim was decent entertainment, at best.

Don't have any need for this, and can't see it make sense on any other level then "both movies have big things in it". There's a world of difference between Godzilla and the monsters from Pacific Rim, and the tone of the movies aren't even close.

Top Bottom