• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Tizoc

Yep! There's tons of theme park content outside of roller coasters.

Wow I really feel dumb on skipping on them whenever they go on sale, will def. get them come the winter sales.
What was the cheapest they've been? And I should just get 1 and 2 right?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow I really feel dumb on skipping on them whenever they go on sale, will def. get them come the winter sales.
What was the cheapest they've been? And I should just get 1 and 2 right?

There is no reason to get 1. 2 is strictly better in every sense of the word and there isn't any kind of narrative or anything you'd be missing out on.

Tizoc

There is no reason to get 1. 2 is strictly better in every sense of the word and there isn't any kind of narrative or anything you'd be missing out on.

Fair enough wishlisted 2 for now Thanks.

Speaking of which what would you say are the best theme park building games?
As a kid I really liked Sim Theme Park on PSX ^^;

SparkTR

Would you mind explaining how I can use it to play Mage Slayer? I still have my old disc copy.

I just installed it (the installer works fine if I remember right) and then copies the files in the 'MS' folder of dgVoodoo into the install directory of Mage Slayer (where the .exe is). It should work after that, without it it crashes.

Doesn't work all that well with Planescape Torment.
No flickering, true, but the minute the gameplay starts, it starts chugging at 5-10 fps.
Might be because I have ddraw fix applied and am playing at 1080p...

Never tried it with that, but then again that game has always ran perfectly for me with the more common community patches.

TwistedSyn

Just bought the ones in the first row. Pretty good selection of games except The 11th Hour. I just bought that since it was really cheap. Also for the first time I actually looked at the number of how many GOG games I own. Yikes.

ge9b.png

Dsyndrome

I thought I was on the high end with 252, damn.

Any new classic surprises expected for the rest of the year? I still hold out hope that the Discworld games eventually come, as their absence is puzzling; can't imagine licensing deals being that hard for the franchise.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I thought I was on the high end with 252, damn.

Any new classic surprises expected for the rest of the year? I still hold out hope that the Discworld games eventually come, as their absence is puzzling; can't imagine licensing deals being that hard for the franchise.

I suspect there'll be another batch of Bethesda games next week... given the cadence so far.

draetenth

I have 333 games in my collection and 251 games in hidden so I guess that makes 581 in total? I had no idea I had that many. :/ I've actually gotten to the point where I only buy games during the big sales (Summer/Winter). With the occasional exception like Trails in the Sky.

mclem

The Big Fall Sale is live. Looks to be the same scope and format as their summer sale.

Unfortunately the Gold Box games aren't on sale yet, I'm lying in wait for when those hit!

Edit: Unless they turn up in a daily bundle, of course. I was only looking at the long-term discounts.

Edit2: Interesting, the Daedelic sale is meant to be "Pick 5+ items, get 85% off", but it's looking like it takes into account existing purchases; everything I'm seeing is at the 85% discount. That's nice.

Dsyndrome

There's no difference between the three Fallouts on sale and the Fallout Classics, right? Like support and such.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The email I got shows some "shooter sale" and an image from Doom in the background. But I don't see Doom on sale. Perhaps I'm just missing it? And there is no icon for this sale reflected on the homepage for GOG...

Tizoc

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has some great reviews. Recommended for a fan of Pokémon?

Sure why not. I mean it's not a game where you collect cute little monsters, etc.
but it's a good RPG with good writing, story and characters.
It's also one of the few RPGs where you get text if you check empty treasure chests.

Dineren

Banned
There's no difference between the three Fallouts on sale and the Fallout Classics, right? Like support and such.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the classic versions have Mac support as well as more extras while the Bethesda published ones on sale today are PC only. I believe GOG was going to try to negotiate to get the rest of the extras on the new releases, but I'm not sure if they ever managed it or not.

Persona7

Banned
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has some great reviews. Recommended for a fan of Pokémon?

It is an expansive story heavy JRPG. I recommend it but you will be putting a lot of time into it.

The email I got shows some "shooter sale" and an image from Doom in the background. But I don't see Doom on sale. Perhaps I'm just missing it? And there is no icon for this sale reflected on the homepage for GOG...

Do you have a screenshot? I have gotten emails about promotions early before.

draetenth

Another 19 games added to my backlog.

Not anything to make it worth buying the "new" Fallout series if you already own Fallout Classics. I recommend installing Fallout Fixt (Fallout 1) or the Restoration Project (Fallout 2) no matter which version you have.

Persona7

Banned
Yeah, GOG puts stuff up early accidentally quite a bit. I've seen the weekend promo picture go up early several times and have gotten emails about upcoming promotions days earlier.

Anyway, I own DOOM II now. Probably should have waited on getting DOOM and quake games when they came out but oh well. I will probably get Never Alone today as well.

Here is a link listing every discounted game : http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&price=discounted&page=1

RedSwirl

I don't buy a lot on GOG, but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on DOOM and DOOM II. I've already played through both on Steam but I'd like to continue using Chocolate DOOM and WADs without having to mess around with Steam's launchers and whatnot. Plus, DOOM just seems like a major game that should be owned without anything tying it down.

Does anybody know what form the GOG version of DOOM actually comes in? I think most GOG games are like DOS executablles in DOSBOX wrappers, but a lot of them come in a way that doesn't let you separate the game from the wrapper. Would I be able to take the GOG version of DOOM and put it into ZDoom or Chocolate DOOM?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Banished (GOG) -- MB-2CCFB2F2C142891B - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
The Chronicles of Riddick (GOG) -- MB-FED9190BA4B4F033 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 6 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
System Shock 2 (GOG) -- MB-EDA7284347B358E6 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

t1446862265z1.png

Persona7

Banned
I don't buy a lot on GOG, but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on DOOM and DOOM II. I've already played through both on Steam but I'd like to continue using Chocolate DOOM and WADs without having to mess around with Steam's launchers and whatnot. Plus, DOOM just seems like a major game that should be owned without anything tying it down.

Does anybody know what form the GOG version of DOOM actually comes in? I think most GOG games are like DOS executablles in DOSBOX wrappers, but a lot of them come in a way that doesn't let you separate the game from the wrapper. Would I be able to take the GOG version of DOOM and put it into ZDoom or Chocolate DOOM?

I saw this on the DOOM forum page, it might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2KXN381t4&feature=youtu.be

Persona7

Banned
Is hyper neptune one of those weird anime boob games?

I ended up getting the Double Dragon game, flatout 2 and Trine 2 on sale today too. I should probably try to limit my spending because I will start cutting into the money I saved to get a new 3DS lol

ShadowOwl

Grabbed Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition during the sale. Just after that I got a used Radeon HD 5770 in order to run Divinity OS Enhanced Edition (requires an DX11 GPU and I only got an GTX 260),

Oh boy, what am I going to do now?

Persona7

Banned
I kind of want stasis but I won't play it anytime soon so I might as well wait.

I hope they have a telltale bundle in this sale.

Top Bottom