• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold Mario Amiibo Confirmed to be Walmart Exclusive

I fully expect someone to die due to this.

It must be the scheme to fix the supply problems: Maybe it's quicker to make a variant amiibo in small quantities than to ramp up overall production. If the scalpers all beat each other to death over vibrantly-colored marios, then the effective supply can skyrocket.

Don't worry, everyone. Your Gold
Coins
Mario Amiibos are safe with Wario.
wario.jpg

Lucent

I hope we get some glorious gifs of Walmart fights and stampedes.

I dunno. I work at Walmart in electronics and the three Toon Links were there all day the first day. Bowser was still tgere after they were gone the next day. Lol.

I'm hoping we get Ness at Walmart so I can grab at least one.

Converse

Banned
Man, I am glad I'm not interested in owning this. Most Walmarts I've seen have two Peach amiibo hanging crooked off a hook next to a generic Wii remote squeezed between a five-dollar DVD rack and a wall of printer cartridge refills. How does Nintendo think this is a reasonable choice? At all?

Doesn't surprise me on bit that gold Mario is retail exclusive when activision and Disney get away with this same bull shit on a daily basis.

bms2993

Banned
Would I be a bad person if I went to Wal-Mart on the day of release, camped, and bought all the gold mario amiibo stock? Just hypothetical.

Fox Mulder

I'm not even mad.

I'm fully expecting the delay and no news of wave 4 preorders to be because they're doing retailer exclusives for all of them.

Just keep making this worse.

mantis23

This was never going to be a Club Nintendo thing. I was mentally preparing myself for these to be chase figures, so for this to be a retailer exclusive is fantastic.

Laconic

Banned
In the NEXT batch of Amiibos:

Yellow Yoshi: Best Buy exclusive
Blue Yoshi: Wal-Mart exclusive
Red Yoshi: Target exclusive

Keep the fun coming!

bms2993

Banned
I mean... are you really able to go to Wal-Mart and buy out their entire stock of Gold Mario Amiibo? Would they allow for that?

Toxi

Banned
I mean... are you really able to go to Wal-Mart and buy out their entire stock of Gold Mario Amiibo? Would they allow for that?
I don't see why they wouldn't. They don't care that you're being an asshole scalper.

Main issue is that you wouldn't actually be able to find any since all of them would have been pre-ordered.

Top Bottom