• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
Mumei, Mike, you're both wrong.

Peregrine Falcons are the best bird of prey.

Falco_peregrinus_-Nova_Scotia%2C_Canada_-eating-8.jpg

When you absolutely positively have to fuck someone's shit up at speeds in excess of 200 mph/

God damn it internet, can't we enjoy anything without it being a hoax? We just want to see a golden eagle attempt to steal a toddler, but noooooooooooo. I blame video games editing software.

I've been attacked before by a Barred Owl while trail running in the woods at dusk and it was flipping terrifying. Flew right up behind me while I was running a downhill and clawed me in the back of the head before I threw it off. And those are like 1/4 the weight of a Golden Eagle, I can imagine one of those messing you up pretty badly if it hit you, and especially if it hit a kid.

Mike M

Nick N

When you absolutely positively have to fuck someone's shit up at speeds in excess of 200 mph/

If you had waited until one of had defeated the other, you may have overwhelmed a single, spent foe. But you played your hand too soon, and have united us in opposition against you!

MutFox

Banned

Peregrine Falcons are wicked...
It's crazy how they teach their young to hunt.

Megasoum

Banned
Here we go, it was confirmed to be a school project for the NAD Center (a really big 3d school here in Montreal). It's a team project. Both the eagle and the baby are 100% CGI.

I only have a french article right now but they interviewed the students who created it.

http://www.dominicarpin.ca/laigle-qui-attaque-un-enfant-un-canular-du-nad-8945.html

I won't translate the whole thing but basically: Took 4 students around 400 hours to create the video and it was never meant to go viral. They simply posted their school project on youtube and now they are freaking out because journalists around the world are asking them for interviews lol.

I wont lie, on first watch I thought this was real for sure.. I know Golden Eagles are perfectly capable of doing this, and do go after children sometimes, its pretty insane.. They are also such beautiful animals.. But yeah, that one video analysis definitely shows its fake as you can see the kid floats as the eagles talons pull away. Well done fake, thats for sure.. these things usually look awful.

Well fuck, I was sure it was real. But I never believed the part where it was supposed to be a viral video, why would they do it in french canadian if they wanted it to be popular. And the "Oh shit!" is not good for television.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Here we go, it was confirmed to be a school project for the NAD Center (a really big 3d school here in Montreal). It's a team project. Both the eagle and the baby are 100% CGI.

I only have a french article right now but they interviewed the students who created it.

http://www.dominicarpin.ca/laigle-qui-attaque-un-enfant-un-canular-du-nad-8945.html

I won't translate the whole thing but basically: Took 4 students around 400 hours to create the video and it was never meant to go viral. They simply posted their school project on youtube and now they are freaking out because journalists around the world are asking them for interviews lol.

I'm only surprised to hear that they had no interest in having it go viral.

Well fuck, I was sure it was real. But I never believed the part where it was supposed to be a viral video, why would they do it in french canadian if they wanted it to be popular. And the "Oh shit!" is not good for television.

You mean only videos in English go viral and popular?

the more you know

Well, even if this video is fake the idea isn't surprising at all. Eagles have been preying on primates for eons. (Heck, there's a species that's just plain named "Monkey-eating eagle".) One famous homind fossil from several million years ago, the Taung Child, appears to have been killed by an eagle.

Eagles are our ancient enemies.

Mumei

Golden eagles are still faster in level flight and comparable in diving speed and eat young peregrines.

I know what I'm sticking with.

But nothing looks cooler than a peregrine in a stoop

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Fake huh? What a disappointment.

Also, this is pretty scary considering how many millions of people have been fooled. This will probably happen in the future with "bigger" events.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It saddens me that it is a fake. :(

On the plus side, I hope those kids got an A+, because that was really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom