• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's fake or not but I think the gap in the wing is from the Eagle being filmed by the type of shutter used.

R4aRJ.jpg

Edit: looked this up and I don't think wings flap fast enough for that to happen, only makes them look bendy.

What if the child was a little smaller than that, it probably could have taken it... but what then? Would it just take it to it's nest and feed it to the young? I mean at SOME point it'd have to realize that this is not their normal prey right? hmmm...

Violet_0

Banned
What if the child was a little smaller than that, it probably could have taken it... but what then? Would it just take it to it's nest and feed it to the young? I mean at SOME point it'd have to realize that this is not their normal prey right? hmmm...

a here's a pic of an eagle attacking a deer, and one attacking a wolf

eagle-vs-deer.jpeg

golden-eagle-four-500x333.jpg

if golden eagles are capable of killing these animals, you can bet human kids are easy prey for them

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
a here's a pic of an eagle attacking a deer, and one attacking a wolf

eagle-vs-deer.jpeg

golden-eagle-four-500x333.jpg

if golden eagles are capable of killing these animals, you can bet human kids are easy prey for them

Braviaries can learn Super Power which is a Fighting type and therefore supereffective against Sawsbuck and Mightyena.

Aiii

So not worth it
OMG! Chris Hansen should really investigate this new type of predator preying on our children.

I have an 8 month old daughter and I probably would have laughed a lot prior to her....now it's just fucking terrifying. Though I don't think any bird could really carry off a child or even get it much higher than that kid went, but the claws could do some serious damage. They are razor sharp.

Pretty sure eagles can lift around 40-60 pounds.

IceCold

Most probably the only reason it wasn't able to lift the baby was because he had a large coat on and wasn't able to get a proper grip on him. Now if this had happened in the summer...

Most probably the only reason it wasn't able to lift the baby was because he had a large coat on and wasn't able to get a proper grip on him. Now if this had happened in the summer...

there are way more people in the summer. I don't that the eagle would have the balls to attempt that when there are way more adults and larger kids to come to defend

Violet_0

Banned
okdakor is right these birds give zero fucks

http://www.burdr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/golden-eagle-attacks-cameraman-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

one has to wonder why that particular eagle thought this was a good idea

e: as it turns out, this happened during a rabbit hunt (this is a trained eagle)

Yagharek

I saw a wedge tailed eagle (Australian variety) on a road feeding off a kangaroo carcass in the middle of a highway. I slowed down to about 20kph because it didnt give a fuck about the car approaching it. When I was about 5m away it decided that now was a good time to fly off.

When it took off, its talons must have gotten caught in the gristle of the dead roo because it ended up face-planting itself into the road. I only wish someone else was there to see it.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
if the eagle actually managed to get away and tore the kid up to feed to its young, you'd have to be pretty attenborough about it and chalk it up to experience. maybe have a larger brood next time instead of putting all your eggs in to one fleshy defenceless basket.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
That was so cool. My youngest is almost five, so suck it eagles! Now just stay way from bears...

eXistor

Holy crap! I actually got assaulted by a similarly douchy bird as a kid at the zoo. They were having one of those shows and I was eating a hotdog or something and the bird decided my hotdog was better than doing tricks for some asshole. Bastard owes me a hotdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom