• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
y9iAu.jpg
quoted for size

Ploid 3.0

"Son, I remember when you were a baby and an eagle almost kidnapped you..."

Reminds me of the movie Big Fish, the kid would get tired of his father's stories as he grow up to find out that the father was telling the truth with his spin on it to make it more interesting.

The Adder

Banned
Golden eagles are still faster in level flight and comparable in diving speed and eat young peregrines.

I know what I'm sticking with.

But nothing looks cooler than a peregrine in a stoop

It's easy to pick on infants of species you're several times larger than. Adult Peregrine Falcons have been known to kill Golden Eagles.

I'm jus' sayin'.

It's real.

Aaaaand it's fake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjOljUMc-Nc

Pretty well made, but still not good enough ;)

Here we go, it was confirmed to be a school project for the NAD Center (a really big 3d school here in Montreal). It's a team project. Both the eagle and the baby are 100% CGI.

I only have a french article right now but they interviewed the students who created it.

http://www.dominicarpin.ca/laigle-qui-attaque-un-enfant-un-canular-du-nad-8945.html

I won't translate the whole thing but basically: Took 4 students around 400 hours to create the video and it was never meant to go viral. They simply posted their school project on youtube and now they are freaking out because journalists around the world are asking them for interviews lol.

OUCH

Megasoum

Banned
I'm listening to an interview with one of the student on the radio right now.

So the point of the school project was to make a viral video afterall.

The grading for the project was actually linked to the number of views the students would get on youtube lol. They need 100 000 views to get A+... as of this morning they are at 17 million views hahaha.

I'm listening to an interview with one of the student on the radio right now.

So the point of the school project was to make a viral video afterall.

The grading for the project was actually linked to the number of views the students would get on youtube lol. They need 100 000 views to get A+... as of this morning they are at 17 million views hahaha.

They get a S ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom