• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Golden Fantasia [Umineko fighter] looks really awesome













Why the heck is this 360 exclusive? More pics here:


http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/04/28/ougon_musoukyoku_x_screenshots/2132446548/


I love the background design.
 

soultron

Banned
Jul 24, 2007
20,418
0
0
Toronto
Have to see it in motion, but I think it looks bland/generic compared to something like BlazBlue. The sprites don't look too hot, IMO.
 

Frankfurt

Banned
Apr 1, 2009
2,062
0
0
Golden Fantasia is supposed to be the localization title? Or is this another case of "never gonna see this"?
 

Atolm

Member
Jun 4, 2010
4,153
0
575
Galicia, Spain
Meh. More all-little girls fighting stuff. I remember when this sub-genre was seen as an eccentricity (when Asuka 120% came out) and now pretty much predates the whole genre. Sad times ;/
 

Joe Molotov

Member
Nov 25, 2005
16,079
1
1,500
Atolm said:
Meh. More all-little girls fighting stuff. I remember when this sub-genre was seen as an eccentricity (when Asuka 120% came out) and now pretty much predates the whole genre. Sad times ;/

It's got guys and adults in it. And witches.
 
Feb 28, 2009
39,032
2
0
Atolm said:
Meh. More all-little girls fighting stuff. I remember when this sub-genre was seen as an eccentricity (when Asuka 120% came out) and now pretty much predates the whole genre. Sad times ;/

There's only 1 little girl.
 

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Apr 5, 2011
122
0
0
Character design is generic as shit, but I'll hold off final judgement until I see it in motion.

Would anyone object to a Capcom vs. Level 5 game? Professor Layton with the sick swordsmanship in Diabolical Box....
 
May 7, 2010
695
0
0
PatmanBegins said:
Character design is generic as shit, but I'll hold off final judgement until I see it in motion.

Would anyone object to a Capcom vs. Level 5 game? Professor Layton with the sick swordsmanship in Diabolical Box....

 

notworksafe

Member
Jun 17, 2008
16,510
49
1,085
Awesome looking game, but the battle system described in the other thread is a bit daunting.
 

Steaks

Member
Jan 7, 2009
1,356
0
0
nyc
The PC version isn't very fun. Awkward animation, slow attacks with really long recovery, forced "mindgames" through the systems meter management.

Unless they do a complete overhaul, this game isn't worth it. It's not even sort of fun but badly designed like TvC.

Edit: In case you aren't aware, this is an updated version of a game that was made for the PC and released in Winter Comiket IIRC I didn't have too much intimate time with the game but it didn't grab me.
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sep 14, 2005
43,284
1
0
38
Osaka, Japan
www.playism-games.com
notworksafe said:
Awesome looking game, but the battle system described in the other thread is a bit daunting.
The battle system looks like I need a Masters in something to understand it.

I've got someone sending me the PC version, so I'll check it out and see what it's like.
 

K701

Banned
Nov 25, 2010
614
0
0
What the... why would they put Rosa, George, and Jessica before Bernkastel? Didn't someone find files of an unfinished Bernkastel in the original release? I guess she's the boss and unlockable or something. It would be stupid not to include her on this release. Same for lambda.

As for people bitching about gameplay: It took melty blood a while to get good. I have no doubt once they are happy with the amount of characters they will focus on balancing and unique gameplay for each character. After that being picked up by a major publisher for an arcade release wont be far behind.
 

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Apr 5, 2011
122
0
0
Chinese Electric Batman said:

Not sure what you're getting at with that...are you helping me to prove my point by posting a girl from any random anime who would've fit perfectly into this game?

BlazBlue looks so much more unique than this, and I'm not even a very big fan of that series.
 

Shirokun

Member
Jan 4, 2007
1,281
0
0
PatmanBegins said:
BlazBlue looks so much more unique than this, and I'm not even a very big fan of that series.

This game is based off of an existing property, so you clearly have no context with which to understand the characters. From a stylistic standpoint, BlazBlue's characters may appear more interesting, but it's not like the creators of this game just said, "hey, lets have a game where everyone wears fairly normal looking clothing." There is a reason for the way they appear.

BTW, here's some video for anyone curious.
 

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Apr 5, 2011
122
0
0
Shirokun said:
This game is based off of an existing property, so you clearly have no context with which to understand the characters. From a stylistic standpoint, BlazBlue's characters may appear more interesting, but it's not like the creators of this game just said, "hey, lets have a game where everyone wears fairly normal looking clothing. There is a reason for the way they appear.

Great, so you're acknowledging they're generic, "but for a reason!!" I wasn't trying to troll the game -- was just making an honest observation, which is that this fighting game does nothing to differentiate itself stylistically. Kind of important in the fighting genre. I would like to see it in motion and also try the gameplay personally before I make a final judgement on it. Not dismissing it entirely.
 

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
37,882
4,876
1,905
Are people replying in this topic not even realizing that this is based on an established IP?
 

Negator

Member
Feb 5, 2009
6,911
0
0
Trojita said:
Are people replying in this topic not even realizing that this is based on an established IP?

People are ready to jump it because it looks like animu and animu looks totally lame bro.

Where's all the blood and shit like in my Mortal Kombat?
 

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jul 22, 2009
24,134
1
0
29
WAIT IS THAT FUCKING ROSA!? I'm so getting this. I was going to update the Ougon Musou Kyouko thread and Umineko one about this just now too.
 
Feb 28, 2009
39,032
2
0
The Abominable Snowman said:
Looks really... familiar. I feel like I've seen them before. Are they from another fighting game or are they that generic?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It's a series of visual novels, an anime, and spiritual successor to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
 

Shirokun

Member
Jan 4, 2007
1,281
0
0
PatmanBegins said:
Great, so you're acknowledging they're generic, "but for a reason!!" I wasn't trying to troll the game -- was just making an honest observation, which is that this fighting game does nothing to differentiate itself stylistically. Kind of important in the fighting genre. I would like to see it in motion and also try the gameplay personally before I make a final judgement on it. Not dismissing it entirely.

I'm not saying they're generic. The original game that this is based on is a visual novel set in the 1980's. It was never originally intended to be a fighting game, whereas BlazBlue is set in some post-apocalyptic fantasy world(IIRC). The costumes are perfectly appropriate for the original property. Changing them to be more stylistic to compete with something like BlazBlue wouldn't make alot of sense.
 
Feb 28, 2009
39,032
2
0
PatmanBegins said:
Great, so you're acknowledging they're generic, "but for a reason!!" I wasn't trying to troll the game -- was just making an honest observation, which is that this fighting game does nothing to differentiate itself stylistically. Kind of important in the fighting genre. I would like to see it in motion and also try the gameplay personally before I make a final judgement on it. Not dismissing it entirely.

The thing it's based off of has nothing or little to do with fighting, so it's more a problem with the fact they're making a fighting game based on a psychological thriller/horror franchise.