• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Luckyman said:
lol really? The camera tracks the color light bulb on the move
That's not enough, not without relying on the motion sensors/gyroscopes to provide the direction... If all it did was look for the ball you'd not be pointing at that point, you'd be waving (actually, some PS3 Move games like RE5 do seem to have that issue to a certain degree, similar to how people who don't know how to use a Wii just hold their arm up and wave in shooting games - que all the oh it's too tiring, too uncomfortable type posts we see in such control discussions - instead of just rest it in their lap and use slight wrist motions for maximum comfort, accuracy and speed)... A ball looks the same from any angle, it's one point of reference, not two like the Wii gets with the sensor bar's IR lights that the camera within the remote tracks. So, again, that is why it needs the motion sensor data as well as the ball, making it tougher to get a good implementation going.
Luckyman said:
The only thing Wii knows is Wiimote distance from remote bar. Everything else is done with motion sensors. Move knows xyz location without any motion sensing.

If you think that´s better than fine. On the Move you just have to calibrate correctly every time you start the game
So you don't know what you're talkng about, thanks for clarifying. No motion sensing is used for Wiimote pointing. Plenty of it is used for PS3's emulation of pointing. Deal with it.

Luckyman

Banned
The only thing Wii knows is Wiimote distance from remote bar. Everything else is done with motion sensors. Move knows xyz location without any motion sensing.

If you think that´s better than fine. On the Move you just have to calibrate correctly every time you start the game

The Wiimote knows its relative orientation to the sensor bar as well as the distance. Pointer doesn't need the motion sensors as long as the Wiimote can 'see' the bar.

Oh definitely going to sit there on my Launch Wii going 'fuck yeah. I prefer the original
which is an irony in itself
. Can't believe those PS3 guys play with those big plastic toy guns'

Oh wait no I'm going to be enjoying this because it's a great game regardless of what platform it's on.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Yup, I'll buy this - as long as they don't make me use motion controls in any way whatsoever. Would love a PC version most of all.

Other than Oddjob though, who the hell are those characters?

Also, sure wish I could get my hands on that Goldeneye XBLA port /sigh

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dries said:
So what was it again that this FPS stood out among other shooters of the current gen?
It had a heavy emphasis on stealth gameplay which I found very fun. I always took the sneaky way to take out enemies. I just found it to be very fun. It may not exactly stand out on the 360/PS3, but on the Wii it was a breath of fresh air.

StevieP

Banned
Luckyman said:

No, it triangulates with 2 infrared points on the sensor bar. NO motion sensors are involved with the infrared pointer, unlike the pointer on Move. Do your research before you troll.

So what was it again that this FPS stood out among other shooters of the current gen?

Its campaign was/is/will be leaps and bounds better than the vast majority of FPS games across all of the consoles.

Penguin

Dries said:

Focus on stealth over run and gun game play.

A really well structured and paced campaign that offered enough variety without you getting bored, but didn't force too much non-essential elements to last too long. Sans the final mission.

Some pretty good story-telling.

Luckyman

Banned
MOVE does not need any Motion sensing for location lol

If you truly believe Wii Mote IR > Move+Camera you are out of your fucking mind. There is a very good reason most games do not even try to implement 1:1 tracking on the Wii.

Mithos

Luckyman said:
If you truly believe Wii Mote IR > Move+Camera you are out of your fucking mind.

Poor implementation in games destroy what edge Move+Camera might have.

Re4 Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Re5 with Move.

StevieP

Banned
Luckyman said:

If you truly believe Wii Mote IR > Move+Camera you are out of your fucking mind. There is a very good reason most games do not even try to implement 1:1 tracking on the Wii.

You're talking about 2 different things in 1 sentence, and have no idea what you're talking about.

The Move motion sensing ("waggle") is superior to vanilla Wiimote in every way. Motion Plus evened that out, but it's a peripheral and therefore has the support of a peripheral.

However, we're talking about infrared pointing. This uses a completely different technology than waggle, and is not waggle (which you are talking about). Waggle and pointer are 2 different things. And the implementation of the Wii's pointer is better the implementation of Move's pointer.

fernoca

Well, GoldenEye was originally released on the N64 (i.e. no pointer and 1 analog stick) and the Wii version was even bundled with a Classic Controller, so I think I'll be more than fine with the Xbox 360 controller. :p

fernoca said:
Well, GoldenEye was originally released on the N64 (i.e. no pointer and 1 analog stick) and the Wii version was even bundled with a Classic Controller, so I think I'll be more than fine with the Xbox 360 controller. :p
That reminds me, you could play Goldeneye for the N64 with dual analog sticks (two controllers, one in each hand.)

Pretty crazy shit for back in the day.

for a second there, I thought that blurb was comparing it to the Wii game. it seems like the writer calls Goldeneye 64 the original game. in that case...wait, we already know what this game is!

Kibbles

Of course, it's just the Wii version on HD consoles. =( MP is basically just going to be CoD, with most of the original maps missing. Woohoo! =| Wish they would've resurrected Goldeneye XBLA.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kibbles said:
Of course, it's just the Wii version on HD consoles. =( MP is basically just going to be CoD, with most of the original maps missing. Woohoo! =| Wish they would've resurrected Goldeneye XBLA.

The original GoldenEye is likely still stuck in licensing hell. This is, after all, a reimagining, that outside of some obvious inspiration from both the game and the film features its own unique level design and content. There's really nothing in here that conflicts with what Rare made all those years ago.

But GoldenEye N64 has aged terribly, and this is a better campaign on nearly all fronts.

Zen said:
The plot is probably exactly the same, when they were making the new Goldeneye game they made everything in it contemporary, meaning it all takes place in modern day and not when Goldeneye the film and original game take place.

EDIT: Wait, this was written by the gamepro guys, did they not play the game at all?

But it's on Wii... I mean, their hardcore cred would be ruined forever. Now they can play it without fearing to lose all that tough guy image.

I can't help but be curious as to how the initial GE HD remake would've turned out.

Perfect Dark HD was quite a success I think. Sure the gunplay is simple nowadays but the ridiculous amount of options, unique concepts, multi-layered difficulties, terrifc soundtrack and hidden easter eggs made it a great experience ten years later.

Golden Eye wasn't as good a game as Perfect Dark but it still had most of the above. Certainly I don't think it would've been a disaster by any stretch.

Mael

Mithos said:
Poor implementation in games destroy what edge Move+Camera might have.

Re4 Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Re5 with Move.

Welp there goes the last shred of will I had to play re5...

boris feinbrand said:
But it's on Wii... I mean, their hardcore cred would be ruined forever. Now they can play it without fearing to lose all that tough guy image.

It's true that you need to be a tough guy to play with the most horrible controls this side of the Atari 2600 sticks...

EatChildren said:
The original GoldenEye is likely still stuck in licensing hell. This is, after all, a reimagining, that outside of some obvious inspiration from both the game and the film features its own unique level design and content. There's really nothing in here that conflicts with what Rare made all those years ago.

But GoldenEye N64 has aged terribly, and this is a better campaign on nearly all fronts.

Seriously every Mother games is also likely stuck in licensing hell if we believe the people at some other fansite so yeah no need to cry over spilt milk

Awesome. I just bought this game on the Wii, and now there will be a better version released elsewhere!

RE4, No More Heroes, HotD Overkill, Goldeneye 007, etc.... I really, really hate not knowing if I am buying the definitive version of a game or if it will pop up on another system at some unpredictable time with extra content, or at least higher resolution. That makes me not want to buy anything.

Mael

StevieP said:
... Is this real? I know, I know "game journalism lol"... but seriously?!

This is laughable it's like they totally don't know that the game has already been released and there's a playable version and all.

Night_Trekker said:
Awesome. I just bought this game on the Wii, and now there will be a better version released elsewhere!

RE4, No More Heroes, HotD Overkill, Goldeneye 007, etc.... I really, really hate not knowing if I am buying the definitive version of a game or if it will pop up on another system at some unpredictable time with extra content, or at least higher resolution. That makes me not want to buy anything.

Huh re4 unless move is like the wiimote you have the definitive version,
NMH is laughable without the wiimote and the others I don't know.
But for the rest I wouldn't know heck they're probably cheaper on Wii anyway.

Mael said:
This is laughable it's like they totally don't know that the game has already been released and there's a playable version and all.

And yet right below that piece there's an link for an article entitled 'GoldenEye is back... Again'.

There's no reference to the Wii game in that article...

StevieP

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
And yet right below that piece there's an link for an article entitled 'GoldenEye is back... Again'.

This isn't some casual gaming blog, people... WTF.

MarshMellow96 said:

A cynic would say that mentioning that this is a Wii port would basically scare most of their readers away.

An optimisitc person would say that they simply forgot to mention that it is a Wii port because they are utterly incompetent.

Mael

boris feinbrand said:
A cynic would say that mentioning that this is a Wii port would basically scare most of their readers away.

An optimisitc person would say that they simply forgot to mention that it is a Wii port because they are utterly incompetent.

A little bit of column A
A little bit of column B

Maxrunner

RockmanWhore said:
Move pointer works very well. It depends on the game, there is no low level pointer solution like the Wii, but some games like The Shoot, MAG and Killzone 3 have some really awesome pointer controls. Hell, KZ3 plays better than any FPS on Wii, if they work well, the game will be control just as great with the Move than the Wiimote.

Have you played metroid prime 3 or red steel 2, from what i've read around there's no ps3 game that controls better than any of these two or even the cod wii games...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Maxrunner said:
Have you played metroid prime 3 or red steel 2, from what i've read around there's no ps3 game that controls better than any of these two or even the cod wii games...
I can't even understand what he's saying there. On one hand he's never liked IR controls on the other hand he has "as much" fun with Move? Sounds like another one of those that sprout things just for the sake of it with little or no experience really (he did say he barely played The Shoot when I said that one sucks).

I wouldn't put MP3 among the best controlling FPS on Wii though. For the game it is, it all works out fine, intuitively and fun, but the controls themselves would have issues in an actual FPS, the turning speed most prominently. The COD games you mention are a much better example as this dude demonstrates (mostly in older videos I cba to find).

Maxrunner

Luckyman said:

Besides some concepts the reason why most games dont do it is its because its just not practical to do it in a 1:1 manner....still regarding the pointer from what i've read and that includes the re5 and other fps impressions it does not work as well as wii pointer, still if i could find move at a cheap price i would bite....

Maxrunner

Alextended said:
I can't even understand what he's saying there. On one hand he's never liked IR controls on the other hand he has "as much" fun with Move? Sounds like another one of those that sprout things just for the sake of it with little or no experience really (he did say he barely played The Shoot when I said that one sucks).

I wouldn't put MP3 among the best controlling FPS on Wii though. For the game it is, it all works out fine, intuitively and fun, but the controls themselves would have issues in an actual FPS, the turning speed most prominently. The COD games you mention are a much better example.

I just hope Nintendo packs wiimote plus with wii U i sure would want to see more fp games with the pointer.....such a wasted excellent control type....:(

Shiggy

Luckyman said:

You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, boy.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Even with HD the game looks pretty mediocre. Sounds like a good 20 dollar buy.

I thought Goldeneye Wii was one of the better FPS campaigns I've played in awhile, so I'd definitely get this long as PS3/360 controls are much better than Classic Controller/Gamecube. Motion controls were great in this game though.

boyshine

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Here's some 360 cam footage from Comic con.
I saw that before.. and it seems like none of them had played the Wii game. Still talking about how craaaazy it is to have Daniel Craig in the game and not being sure if his voice sounded right. If you'd played the game on Wii you'd not make those comments. You'd also most likely talk more about how this version felt and looked different, which they don't.

FyreWulff

boyshine said:
I saw that before.. and it seems like none of them had played the Wii game. Still talking about how craaaazy it is to have Daniel Craig in the game and not being sure if his voice sounded right. If you'd played the game on Wii you'd not make those comments. You'd also most likely talk more about how this version felt and looked different, which they don't.

It seems journos actually play games less and less. It was disappointing seeing some sites that, for example, actually have reviews for the original Perfect Dark on file but were like "OMG WAT THIS GAME WAT I DONT GET IT" for the XBLA version. Sometimes it was the same reviewer.

And then they go around spouting off about how they're hardcore gamers or some stuff when it seems they play about a title per year in actuality.

StevieP

Banned
boyshine said:

"Gaming journalism".

Top Bottom