• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

StevieP

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
Looks actually good. I had no intention of buying the wii version when it came out, but might be buying this day 1.
I love how the aiming is looking fast & snappy, unlike with motion controls.

Did... I read that correctly?

Shiggy

boris feinbrand said:
ewww that disgusting dual analog controls... Also noticed new reload animations?

Yeah, the aiming and moving looks like an actual downgrade from the Wii Remote. Maybe the Move controls will work better than that.

C_H_T

PAL Box art

51PhESnmrPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CaVaYeRo

I could see/play the PS3 game at Gamescom.

As some of you may know, I really, really enjoyed the first one, even did some reports/videos from Eurocom studios. After some months, I was really pissed off by the online leveling system and stopped playing due to the input lag of my new TV :(

But I completely love pointer-based shooters and I really want this to fix every original issue and to be at least as good as the Wii version control-wise.

Some things from the presentation/session:

- supports headset voice chat for online play. They'll tune the leveling system, now you CAN create matches, better leaderboards etc
- MP: there'll be more characters, maps. They cannot guarantee 60 fps during split screen.
- extra geometry, effects, VA and animations included
- MI6 ops missions are single player, each one requires a playing style: tactical, stealth, assault...
- I couldn't try the control config menu. They say it'll have similar parameters for pointer controls. Default was a bit slow, but not much laggy.
- not finished, but I noticed they fixed the blacks problem (now you CAN see). I think it still needs some polish: water, bodies instantly disappearing, trembling textures

Source hands-on impressions (Spanish).

CaVaYeRo said:
I could see/play the PS3 game at Gamescom.

As some of you may know, I really, really enjoyed the first one, even did some reports/videos from Eurocom studios. After some months, I was really pissed off by the online leveling system and stopped playing due to the input lag of my new TV :(

But I completely love pointer-based shooters and I really want this to fix every original issue and to be at least as good as the Wii version control-wise.

Some things from the presentation/session:

Source hands-on impressions (Spanish).

I was able to play it with Move at the Sony Booth, and I wanted to throw that controller away instantly. The PR guy didn't allow me to customize the controls in any way, and I was left with an unplayable mess because of it. Not only that but the build at the booth was very dodgy and hung itself up on several occasions. The random slowdowns and stuttering didn't help it either.

But the lack of control options was a constant problem with all Move games at the Sony booth. I even asked the Sony employees if they wanted Move to look bad because the way they were set up was almost unplayable.

Graphically the game looks good. It's painfully obvious that the only thing that got improved are the textures and character models. Environments seem to be exactly the same, but the added clarity and increased texture filtering with some new shaders thrown in on some surfaces, give the images a much crisper look... except for the special effects, that at times look even worse than in the Wii game (especially the EMP blast looked like something straight out of Ocarina of Time)

The demo was very early, so there is still time to polish it up, but to me it seems that the improvements are minimal and for people that allready played the game, the investment might really not be worth it.

CaVaYeRo

yeah boris, it's a shame they didn't let us config that, not even in the closed doors presentation. I want them to be almost the same as on the Wii. But I'm even more concerned about lag. Let's see if I can play long time with Move controls soon.

@Shiggy: they had a problem with the blacks on the Wii version. On many screens you couldn't see anything when going through dark places. Now it's obvious they don't have that issue anymore.

Shiggy

CaVaYeRo said:
@Shiggy: they had a problem with the blacks on the Wii version. On many screens you couldn't see anything when going through dark places. Now it's obvious they don't have that issue anymore.

Only noticed that in a few places, but good that they fixed this issue.

CaVaYeRo said:
yeah boris, it's a shame they didn't let us config that, not even in the closed doors presentation. I want them to be almost the same as on the Wii. But I'm even more concerned about lag. Let's see if I can play long time with Move controls soon.

Well as long as they give you enough optimization options, it shouldn't be much of a problem. The setup at Gamescom was nearly unplayable though. And unfortunately the same was true for Resistance as well. I don't know why they thought that these settings were deemed playable.

I even asked the Activision guy, if they would include control customization on par with the Wii Version, and he looked at me with an expression of complete and utter ignorance and told me:

"This is a new game. There is no Wii Version!"

At this point you could literally hear my Girlfriend and her best friend facepalming.

Shiggy

boris feinbrand said:
Well as long as they give you enough optimization options, it shouldn't be much of a problem. The setup at Gamescom was nearly unplayable though. And unfortunately the same was true for Resistance as well. I don't know why they thought that these settings were deemed playable.

I even asked the Activision guy, if they would include control customization on par with the Wii Version, and he looked at me with an expression of complete and utter ignorance and told me:

At this point you could literally hear my Girlfriend and her best friend facepalming.

Ouch. Were those real Activision guys or some German students who were hired for the show?

CaVaYeRo

woah, that's soooo typical :(

The Eurocom guys told me that it will include similar customization, so I'm eager to check it.

Funny thing they had the sharp shooter everywhere this year but they didn't let us play the pointer controls last year, it was classic controller-only.

Shiggy said:
Ouch. Were those real Activision guys or some German students who were hired for the show?

I do hope for Activision that this guy was just a student hired to stand around and act as a PR parrot, because if not then it would be disgusting. Maybe he was hired by Sony and admitting that a game at their booth is a Wii port would cost him his job lol.^^

CaVaYeRo said:
woah, that's soooo typical :(

The Eurocom guys told me that it will include similar customization, so I'm eager to check it.

Funny thing they had the sharp shooter everywhere this year but they didn't let us play the pointer controls last year, it was classic controller-only.

Yeah, I would've loved to test out the customizations, hell, I even offered to one of the Sony guys to calibrate the demo stations myself so that other visitors would find a working Move control setup, but most of the demos didn't even have a control options menu.

It's like with Goldeneye Wii they wanted to show it off with the inferior control option by showing the dual analog stick input, and now on PS3 they are sabotaging the games presentation by fucking up the Move customizations...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Konny said:
Really? Is very nice but in the pics there is Daniel Craig... Original goldeneye agent was Pierce Brosnan.
I have bad news for you...

wLm0e.jpg

(screen from the rumored Wii version)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Konny said:
Really? Is very nice but in the pics there is Daniel Craig... Original goldeneye agent was Pierce Brosnan.

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I hope.

Anyway, how did these people missed the fact that there is a Wii version that has been out for almost a year? Too busy playing Bloodstone maybe? Sigh.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bisnic said:
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I hope.

Anyway, how did these people missed the fact that there is a Wii version that has been out for almost a year? Too busy playing Bloodstone maybe? Sigh.
I actually enjoyed Bloodstone more than Goldeneye Wii. :p

Penguin

dark10x said:
I actually enjoyed Bloodstone more than Goldeneye Wii. :p

I'm kind of curious as to why, don't want to derail the thread too much.

But I had a ton of problems with BloodStone personally.

I had the opportunity to play this at GamesCom.

I'm not one to trash games, I would rather not say anything, but unfortunately this game was not very good. I'm a huge fan of the original on N64, both I don't revel in rose tinted glasses, I understand that it doesn't play well today.

With that said, my three complaints with the PS3 version which I had the chance to play wer:

1) Muddy textures.
The textures were downright ugly in many instances. It was clearly a port, based on the appearance alone. This however, I can live with. What I cannot live with though:

2) Brain dead AI.
Yes, AI is difficult to program. But the fact that I could walk up behind someone, bump into their backs numerous times, and have them be completely unaware, is unacceptable.

3) Buggy.
Despite clipping through walls, I had to stop playing the game because it.....crashed in the middle of a level. Just froze in place, and the gentleman had to come over to unlock the PS3 and reset the machine.

I still have high hopes for the title. If they spend another 9-12 months polishing it up and correcting these problem, then I could certainly see myself purchasing it. $60? Absolutely not. $40? I would certainly consider it.

Penguin said:
I'm kind of curious as to why, don't want to derail the thread too much.

But I had a ton of problems with BloodStone personally.

I haven't played Goldeneye Wii, but with a few problems aside, I loved the shit out of Blood Stone. The first James Bond game I played that actually made me feel like James Bond.

Maxrunner

DaveVoyles said:

I'm not one to trash games, I would rather not say anything, but unfortunately this game was not very good. I'm a huge fan of the original on N64, both I don't revel in rose tinted glasses, I understand that it doesn't play well today.

With that said, my three complaints with the PS3 version which I had the chance to play wer:

1) Muddy textures.
The textures were downright ugly in many instances. It was clearly a port, based on the appearance alone. This however, I can live with. What I cannot live with though:

2) Brain dead AI.
Yes, AI is difficult to program. But the fact that I could walk up behind someone, bump into their backs numerous times, and have them be completely unaware, is unacceptable.

3) Buggy.
Despite clipping through walls, I had to stop playing the game because it.....crashed in the middle of a level. Just froze in place, and the gentleman had to come over to unlock the PS3 and reset the machine.

I still have high hopes for the title. If they spend another 9-12 months polishing it up and correcting these problem, then I could certainly see myself purchasing it. $60? Absolutely not. $40? I would certainly consider it.

move ?

Boerseun

Banned
Move has been a dissappointment for me, mostly due to its inability to do true pointing. I don't see Reloaded shaping up as anything but HD graphics + inferior controls. And that, frankly, is not enough to have me rebuy the game.

Having said that, Goldeneye has the best single-player campaign in any FPS this gen, in my opinion. It is a much more dubdued and reserved affair than Call of Duty, and all the better for it considering the theme and subject matter.

The multiplayer progression I never had a problem with. I can understand today's attention-deficit crowd lacking the patience to persevere, yet anyone dismissing it simply because upgrades and new weapons are hard to come to by are also, in my opinion, dismissing a very finely crafted multiplayer experience, with superb weapon handling and excellent level designs. I found the on-line game utterly compelling, and Goldeneye sits in my top five of multiplayer FPS's this gen.

I'm hoping Nintendo will sign Eurocom to do a couple of spy FPS's early in Wii U's life-cycle. These guys have proven once and for all that they know their stuff. Bond license not even required. And yes, I do believe one of the main reasons for why this game is so good is Nintendo's direct involvement in its development.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Mana Legend said:
I haven't played Goldeneye Wii, but with a few problems aside, I loved the shit out of Blood Stone. The first James Bond game I played that actually made me feel like James Bond.

It's funny, i could switch Goldeneye and Blood Stone in your post and that would be exactly my experience.

CaVaYeRo

DaveVoyles said:

1) Muddy textures.

2) Brain dead AI.

3) Buggy.

Well, while the Wii had some AI issues, it wasn't that bad, so they MUST manage to get there at least.

I didn't witness any bug though. Maybe they were different builds. I watched two sections from Facility and played some MI6 Ops in Jungle.

And I totally agree with the price point you say.

Penguin

The Mana Legend said:

Bisnic said:
It's funny, i could switch Goldeneye and Blood Stone in your post and that would be exactly my experience.

Have either of you played Everything or Nothing?

I feel like BloodStone is a watered down version of that

tusken77

Some more details for the PS3 version of the game...

"Activision has just announced that the PS3 will be getting an exclusive special edition of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. Titled the ’GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Double ‘O’ Edition’, it will include the game on Blu-ray disc, PlayStation Move motion controller, navigation controller, PlayStation Eye and Sharp Shooter peripheral.

As an added bonus for PS3 gamers, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will feature a free, exclusive downloadable character: the villain from the 1979 film Moonraker, Hugo Drax. He will be playable in split-screen and online Classic Conflict multiplayer modes and will have access to his Moonraker Laser Pistol."

tusken77 said:

"Activision has just announced that the PS3 will be getting an exclusive special edition of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. Titled the ’GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Double ‘O’ Edition’, it will include the game on Blu-ray disc, PlayStation Move motion controller, navigation controller, PlayStation Eye and Sharp Shooter peripheral.

As an added bonus for PS3 gamers, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will feature a free, exclusive downloadable character: the villain from the 1979 film Moonraker, Hugo Drax. He will be playable in split-screen and online Classic Conflict multiplayer modes and will have access to his Moonraker Laser Pistol."

If I had a PS3 I'd go for that package.

In fact I might actually buy it for my brother-in-law...he's been eyeballin' a move setup after I bought him No More Heroes.

Penguin

tusken77 said:

I just find it funny that one of the major selling points of the Wii version was that it was one of the shooters that used the classic control.

Now one of the bonus features of the PS3 version is it uses motion controls.

And Hugo Drax? MEH

Top Bottom