• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'd like to go ahead and announce S class memberships to the following people:

From Season 1, total posts - 3,332:
  1. Hazaro - 288
  2. Wallach - 194
  3. HolyCheck - 171
  4. Zzoram - 153
  5. spoon! - 131
  6. evlcookie - 105
  7. V_Arlnold - 103
  8. Mairu - 91

From Season 2, total posts - 5,044:
  1. Mairu - 367
  2. farnham - 282
  3. vicissitudes - 281
  4. Hazaro - 244
  5. HolyCheck - 235
  6. bbyybb - 228
  7. Pandaman - 160
  8. Aaron - 134

Some special awards!
The ZergBong Award, from 12 posts in the season 1 thread to 228 in the season 2 thread it's bbybb!
The I probably went to play SC2 instead of spending 25 hours a week watching it award, going from 131 posts in the first season, to only 21 in the second it's spoon!

I really hope GOM improve both the stream and VODs. It's mostly EU from what I read on their forums and TL and it's kinda shame since season 1 was much smoother.

BTW how will new players qualify after this to the GSL ?

I know there won't be open anymore so how does someone go about it ?

Zzoram

TheThunder said:
I really hope GOM improve both the stream and VODs. It's mostly EU from what I read on their forums and TL and it's kinda shame since season 1 was much smoother.

There will still be qualifiers. It'll just be way harder since 32 of the 64 spots will be held by S code and the A code players start at the top of the qualifiers. New players have to fight through several single elimination Bo3 rounds and then beat one or two A code players to qualify for the Ro64.

HolyCheck

TheThunder said:

to copy and paste a post I just made on TL

Long story short, Class S players get priority placements in the BIG money tournaments (4 or so a year) Class A players fight amongst their selves, and the top few fight the lowers few Class S players every month or so to swap spots.

Then theres also getting into Class A which is done via working hard to climb the ladder then nominating yourself to fight in a tournament with the lower Class A members.

It's something like that if I can recall from reading all the interviews.

It's a great system IMO, and the great players will be able to stay up the top, and the freshest talent will constantly be able to attempt to join them.

I wonder how it will work for players on the korean ladder not in korea, for instance moonglade who was around #79 on the korean top 200 last time, and he's in Australia.

Deadly

When iNcontrol mentions "Students", who is he referring to? Is he actually a teacher, cause having him as a teacher would be amazing/hilarious :lol

HolyCheck

Deadly said:
When iNcontrol mentions "Students", who is he referring to? Is he actually a teacher, cause having him as a teacher would be amazing/hilarious :lol

lol! Him and some others (LzGamer, Machine) work for / run http://www.gosucoaching.com/ they do SC2 training!

was listening to their podcast lastnight, iNcontrol had an interesting story about how one of his students was some rich guy in dubai who actually flew him out there for some private lessons rather than just the online lessons

As far as players go, Incontrol is far and away my favorite personality. His interview of Artosis was hilarious. :lol

Also thread title. :lol

Chaser

Sad to hear that InControl didn't make it through, hilarious guy.

So hyped for Season 3 though. Really hoping that, of the remaining players, HuK, Ret and Tester can make it through. There seems to be a depressingly small amount of Protoss making it through so far.

farnham

Banned
syllogism said:
Yes, he is unless you've a very narrow definition of "top"

well if i say Top i mean something like Top 10. And he is not the Top 10 player outside of Korea. He is a great player and has great personality though and i love him on the podcast.

HolyCheck said:
yes he is

have you changed your nick ?

Deadly

HolyCheck said:
lol! Him and some others (LzGamer, Machine) work for / run http://www.gosucoaching.com/ they do SC2 training!

was listening to their podcast lastnight, iNcontrol had an interesting story about how one of his students was some rich guy in dubai who actually flew him out there for some private lessons rather than just the online lessons
Whoa that's pretty crazy! but kinda scary too :lol Can't wait for SotG tomorrow! Still can't believe so many good players were eliminated already

TheExodu5

Banned
HolyCheck said:

1. Hazaro - 288
  2. Wallach - 194
  3. HolyCheck - 171
  4. Zzoram - 153
  5. spoon! - 131
  6. evlcookie - 105
  7. V_Arlnold - 103
  8. Mairu - 91

1. Mairu - 367
  2. farnham - 282
  3. vicissitudes - 281
  4. Hazaro - 244
  5. HolyCheck - 235
  6. bbyybb - 228
  7. Pandaman - 160
  8. Aaron - 134

Some special awards!
The ZergBong Award, from 12 posts in the season 1 thread to 228 in the season 2 thread it's bbybb!
The I probably went to play SC2 instead of spending 25 hours a week watching it award, going from 131 posts in the first season, to only 21 in the second it's spoon!

Alright, I'm stepping up my game for Season 3!

HolyCheck

farnham said:
well if i say Top i mean something like Top 10. And he is not the Top 10 player outside of Korea. He is a great player and has great personality though and i love him on the podcast.

have you changed your nick ?

yar! ctrl+F grack, should take you to the post!

hamchan

Yay season 3 thread is up.

GSL GAF is one of the only groups of people on GAF I like. It's awesome and fun to watch SC2 with y'all and I hope this continues for a long time ;_;

TheExodu5

Banned
Well if you want something to watch while we wait for S3, you can get S1+S2 for just $5 more than S2, so go for it. Maybe watch some of the later matches in S1.

Wallach

Bummer that inControl and Artosis are out, I thought at least one of those guys would get in.

When does HuK play?

(._.) said:
I'm thinking of subscribing. Should I start at S1 or is it really necessary?

"Seasons" really only define separate tournaments. As of right now they're not related. Just wait until this upcoming one starts and start watching, unless you want to have a backlog of HOURS upon HOURS of games.

Haunted

HolyCheck said:

1. Hazaro - 288
  2. Wallach - 194
  3. HolyCheck - 171
  4. Zzoram - 153
  5. spoon! - 131
  6. evlcookie - 105
  7. V_Arlnold - 103
  8. Mairu - 91

1. Mairu - 367
  2. farnham - 282
  3. vicissitudes - 281
  4. Hazaro - 244
  5. HolyCheck - 235
  6. bbyybb - 228
  7. Pandaman - 160
  8. Aaron - 134
whaat

I must be like 9th or something. Could've sworn I posted a shitton in the GSL2 thread.

Maybe it's better this way. :lol

Chaser

hamchan said:
GSL GAF is one of the only groups of people on GAF I like. It's awesome and fun to watch SC2 with y'all and I hope this continues for a long time ;_;
Agreed! I really hope I have the time this season to spend on the IRC with you guys. The majority of my time watching GSL is spent with homework on my lap. :lol

HolyCheck

If you've got the money and it's no hassle, it's def worth it, hundreds of hours that you'll never find the time to watch! + with one of the tickets you get access to all the old sc1, war3 WoW and cs 1.6 tourneys on the site too.

@ Wallach, Huk playing today

Huk, Ret, Sen, Loner, Luffy, Select

a few more too I think, a lot of them playing at 1pm.. so hopefully they don't have to knock eachother out

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I just tried watching one of the warcraft 3 matches.

...How in the world does that game have a pro scene?

(._.)

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
"Seasons" really only define separate tournaments. As of right now they're not related. Just wait until this upcoming one starts and start watching, unless you want to have a backlog of HOURS upon HOURS of games.
Not really, I just want to follow what is going on at the moment plus follow some of my favorite players. Are there any incredible five star games that I missed from the last two seasons?

Wallach

Oh nice, HuK Ret and Sen are all playing today.

Man, it's only another week until Ro64 starts again? My body is ready.

hamchan

(._.) said:
I'm thinking of subscribing. Should I start at S1 or is it really necessary?

Nah it's not necessary at all.

TheExodu5 said:
Well if you want something to watch while we wait for S3, you can get S1+S2 for just $5 more than S2, so go for it. Maybe watch some of the later matches in S1.

What are the chances they'll have a S1+S2+S3 bundle? I need to get that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
From TL
Qualified for GSL 3

(Z)
LiberoPrime
Syj (MioWeRRa)
HopeTorture
sCfOu
Liquid`Jinro
MonkeyEars (몽몽귀)
ST.Clide
oGsHyperdub
PoltPrime
MakaPrime
NEXON
TheBestfOu

(T)
Liquid`HayprO
oGsZenio
Liberty (Moon)
Sleep
엔에스피준
드리마이저제니스 (DreamizEr)
안녕프라임 (HelloPrime)
IMJunwiPirme (oops, typo)
ST.Superstar
NEXDrug
LeenockfOu
oGsTheWind

(P)
oGsMC
cOreZenith
TSL.GuineaPig (EternalPrime)
anyproPrime
NEXChoa
HongUnPrime
cyrano

(R!)
GuMihofOu

Significant Players Who Did Not Qualify

GSL 2 Participants

oGsEnsnare
LegalMind
NaDa
오지에스잉카 (oGsInca)
블리치 (Bleach)
BabyByeBye
Cargo

Others

oGsTOP
iNcontroL
KiWiKaKi
Artosis
TorcH

Yet to Attempt to qualify

EGIdrA
수호신
과일장수
oGsCezanne
BabyWeRRa
테리우스
CheckPrime
NesTea
PhoenixWeRRa
jookToJung
rain
Kyrix
FlintZenith
oGsGon
Loner
Rain
박종혁
Bless
SoundWeRRa
나비효과
길자
아야
Apple
TankboyPrime
BoxeR[arnc]
ManofOneway
mvp
짝지
반반치킨
NEXKYumer
Happiness
sanZenith
Chief
즐겨찢기
Suzy
Garnet
삐삐
반반쓰
ReXZanDarke
FreeDSL
Overthezero
choya
NEXGenius
Ace

Tester
Tasteless
Liquid`Ret
Liquid`Huk
Sen
July
LiquidPrimeoGsZENEXfOuTSL)Cella
SeleCT

hamchan

(._.) said:
Not really, I just want to follow what is going on at the moment plus follow some of my favorite players. Are there any incredible five star games that I missed from the last two seasons?

FoxeR vs. Kyrix is the best SC2 series you've ever seen

Haunted

Day 2 starting in 1 hour!

EviLore said:

That's what we're all asking ourselves. :lol So damn boring in comparison.

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
FoxeR vs. Kyrix is the best SC2 series you've ever seen

Yeah I want to 2nd this, find it and watch it. all 5 games.. It's actually amazing.

Heck I'm going to go watch it now so I can see Artosis orgasming at the end of the games again :lol :lol

lol @ war3 watching..I didn't mind it.. before blizzcon.. when Grubby decided to extend the game out to one hour + pushing back all the SC2 for the weekend..

HolyCheck said:
Yeah I want to 2nd this, find it and watch it. all 5 games.. It's actually amazing.

Heck I'm going to go watch it now so I can see Artosis orgasming at the end of the games again :lol :lol

LINK please :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
(._.) said:
Season 2 thread has some ratings (hard to keep updated), but the standout games are sort of there.

Mairu

HolyCheck said:

1. Hazaro - 288
  2. Wallach - 194
  3. HolyCheck - 171
  4. Zzoram - 153
  5. spoon! - 131
  6. evlcookie - 105
  7. V_Arlnold - 103
  8. Mairu - 91

1. Mairu - 367
  2. farnham - 282
  3. vicissitudes - 281
  4. Hazaro - 244
  5. HolyCheck - 235
  6. bbyybb - 228
  7. Pandaman - 160
  8. Aaron - 134

Some special awards!
:lol

EviLore said:

Tell me about it. At Blizzcon I sat through the WC3 matches while waiting for the SC2 stuff to start. WC3 is a great game but it is so boring to watch.

Man, there are a shit ton of notables attempting to qualify today. I forsee a lot of upsets :(

Haunted

I'm obviously biased, but my personal favourite is still the first game of TLO vs oGsHyperdub in Ro32 of GSL1.

Mairu said:
Man, there are a shit ton of notables attempting to qualify today. I forsee a lot of upsets :(
The TL thread lists 52 notable players competing for 32 positions. :lol

To be fair, some of these are relative unknowns only notable for making it into the Ro64 once before.

(._.)

Banned
Thanks for answering my questions. Just got the GOM player installed. One last one which was sort of already answered. You buy the season ticket for S3 through the premium tab correct? Just asking because they still have have S2 stuff up. I am probably going to get a pass.

Mairu

(._.) said:
Thanks for answering my questions. Just got the GOM player installed. One last one which was sort of already answered. You buy the season ticket for S3 through the premium tab correct? Just asking because they still have have S2 stuff up. I am probably going to get a pass.
Yeah you buy it through the premium tab... just don't buy now because the S3 pass isn't up yet

Haunted said:
I'm obviously biased, but my personal favourite is still the first game of TLO vs oGsHyperdub in Ro32 of GSL1.
I definitely thought that was the best game I had ever seen played at the time, but I think the Kyrix v Foxer G3 was a much better game. It was much more even rather than a player being behind the majority of the game and then coming back.

farnham

Banned
HolyCheck said:

lol @ war3 watching..I didn't mind it.. before blizzcon.. when Grubby decided to extend the game out to one hour + pushing back all the SC2 for the weekend..
id say the finals was better

7 games of awesome

HolyCheck

yeah no s3 ticket sale up yet, should be up in the next day or too, and yeh that TLO game 1 ro32 from season 1 is amazing, and free! so all you whom are tempted, have a look!

I just looked at the post counts for this thread... I should sleep

TheExodu5

Banned
hamchan said:
What are the chances they'll have a S1+S2+S3 bundle? I need to get that.

It's possible, but if money isn't a huge issue, at least buying S1+S2 early will give you something to do for the next 2 weeks.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
From syth to holycheck, booooo syth :lol

Can't wait for all of this to start. The later time has thrown me off though a little bit, 9pm start instead of what was it, 7 or 8? Usually means i miss the last few games Curse you work!

I'm on a MAC, have the Gom player installed and when I try to click on live feed (SQ) it says it doesnt support my operating system.

Does anyone have a direct link to the stream? Also, none of the streams posted on OP are working, most seem offline.

TheExodu5

Banned
RbhD4.jpg

:lol

I'm so excited for season 3, the Foxer vs. KerixZenith match in season 2 has solidified SC2 as the most entertaining videogame to watch ever.

Also all those on the fence about the season pass I have to say it's so worth the money it's ridiculous. The amount of content and not having to stay up until 2am can't be overstated. So get the pass with the discounted price in the offseason!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I assumed HuK had no chance, but with Haypro making it and Incontrol out, I don't really know what to think, at this point.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GDJustin said:
I assumed HuK had no chance, but with Haypro making it and Incontrol out, I don't really know what to think, at this point.
All he has to do is 4 gate better than a lot of Koreans.
That should be easy.

Top Bottom