• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Frustrated_me said:
I'm on a MAC, have the Gom player installed and when I try to click on live feed (SQ) it says it doesnt support my operating system.

Does anyone have a direct link to the stream? Also, none of the streams posted on OP are working, most seem offline.

No streams atm, they're all just links to restreams for when the tournament is on!

today is just qualifying, no stream of it as there will be thousands of games, so just a lot of people pressing f5 on team liquid + various korean websites to find out who's made it :D

HolyCheck

1. GSL (Ran in January, March, April, July and September) - Main League. 32 Code S players tournament and 64 Code A players tournament.
  2. World Championship (Ran in June and October) - 4 representative from each region in a 16 man tournament.
  3. Ladder Tournament (Ran in February, May, August and November) - Tournament to decide best of Battle.Net ladder. Top 200 from each region are invited to participate in a preliminary for a 16 man double elimination tournament.
  4. Blizzard Cup (Ran in December) - Top 8 of the year (including non Koreans) will be invited to decide the best player of the year in a Bo5 Playoff format tournament.

FYI's! This is what's happening next year, this + the first 2 are the placement tournaments to get the players for Code S and Code A as mentioned in number 1

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
valenti said:
What does getting code S give you? Guaranteed spot in future tourneys?
Basically for 2011, GSL Open right now is to determine who gets what rank etc
Plans for GSL 2011,

There will be 12 tournaments throughout 2011, and there will be 4 types of tournaments.

1. GSL (Ran in January, March, April, July and September) - Main League. 32 Code S players tournament and 64 Code A players tournament.
2. World Championship (Ran in June and October) - 4 representative from each region in a 16 man tournament.
3. Ladder Tournament (Ran in February, May, August and November) - Tournament to decide best of Battle.Net ladder. Top 200 from each region are invited to participate in a preliminary for a 16 man double elimination tournament.
4. Blizzard Cup (Ran in December) - Top 8 (of GSL ranking I'm guessing?) will be invited to decide the best player of the year in a Bo5 Playoff format tournament.

Season 3 is going to be epic. Also, congrats on the name change Syth :lol

Ue38F.jpg

LiquidPrimeoGsZENEXfOuTSL)Cella FIGHTING :D

Here's hoping all of TL makes it, as well as IdrA. Too bad Incontrol couldn't make it. That guy's hilarious on SotG.

Zzoram

Did Cella get permission to use every team name in his tag? Can he get in trouble for that? It's awesome but just wondering because those teams have sponsors that may/may not care about some guy wearing their tag.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Did Cella get permission to use every team name in his tag? Can he get in trouble for that? It's awesome but just wondering because those teams have sponsors that may/may not care about some guy wearing their tag.
That was my first reaction after the awesome name.
And he left out StarTale :lol

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
That was my first reaction after the awesome name.
And he left out StarTale :lol

Liquid > ST confirmed.

ST only has HopeTorture for good players. JulyZerg hasn't proven he's capable of anything in SC2 yet.

I love how he spends so much time on Teamliquid posting and streaming that he put the Liquid tag first.

Zzoram

I hope all the Liquid players get S code so they'll feel obligated to stay in Korea and not give up after a few months.

keuja

go Tasteless! that would be hilarious to see him all serious in the booth with Artosis and iNcontroL commentating.

Wedge7

TheThunder said:
Hoping for more Protoss to advance today, anything to keep mirror match ups to minimum.

True, though for myself, PvP is the absolute worst matchup. But doesn't look like thats going to be a problem :lol But yea, serious lack of some Protoss.

Mairu

keuja said:
go Tasteless! that would be hilarious to see him all serious in the booth with Artosis and iNcontroL commentating.
I would be very surprised to see Tasteless qualify where Artosis, iNcontroL, and Kiwikaki couldn't. I guess he could get very lucky with the brackets, but considering how many people still have yet to play I doubt it :p

HolyCheck said:
I'd like to go ahead and announce S class memberships to the following people:

From Season 1, total posts - 3,332:
  1. Hazaro - 288
  2. Wallach - 194
  3. HolyCheck - 171
  4. Zzoram - 153
  5. spoon! - 131
  6. evlcookie - 105
  7. V_Arlnold - 103
  8. Mairu - 91

From Season 2, total posts - 5,044:
  1. Mairu - 367
  2. farnham - 282
  3. vicissitudes - 281
  4. Hazaro - 244
  5. HolyCheck - 235
  6. bbyybb - 228
  7. Pandaman - 160
  8. Aaron - 134

Some special awards!
The ZergBong Award, from 12 posts in the season 1 thread to 228 in the season 2 thread it's bbybb!
The I probably went to play SC2 instead of spending 25 hours a week watching it award, going from 131 posts in the first season, to only 21 in the second it's spoon!
:lol :lol Sweet I got S class, so I'm automatically qualified to post in the GSL threads next year.

Gonna try to pull a Nada and go from S-class in S2 to not qualifying for S3. Getting up at that ungodly hour was killing me.

Zzoram said:
I really hope Blizzard fixes PvP but I think it may take an expansion to do that at this point.

That's what everyone said about Zerg being underpowered. I think Protoss is fine. Watch the Inca vs. NexGenius game and you'll realize PvP doesn't have to be a boring 2/3/4-gate -> colossus every game, that's just how the current top Toss players have played so far. Give it a little time.

HolyCheck

and his whole family moved over to America, and got US citizenships, or so I've heard.

If this is true, he is one of us! one of us! one of us!

HolyCheck

Group A of day 2 just started their first matches. FruitDealer, NesTea and LiquidRet, LoveRip, TSL_Rain are in Group A. Also two US Airforce came out to participate but lost in their first match.

Hopefully the big three there can all make it out

Mairu

Zzoram said:
Select isn't Korean anymore apparently, he gave up his citizenship or something, probably to avoid the draft.
He may not be a Korean citizen anymore but he is definitely still Korean ;p

Pikelet

We need more foreigners! I hope idra can get even further than last season, when he is at the top of his game he looks like one of the best players in the tournament.

vicissitudes said:
That's what everyone said about Zerg being underpowered. I think Protoss is fine. Watch the Inca vs. NexGenius game and you'll realize PvP doesn't have to be a boring 2/3/4-gate -> colossus every game, that's just how the current top Toss players have played so far. Give it a little time.

What match up is Protoss supposed to be underpowered in? Because conventional wisdom is Protoss is favored against Terran and at least even with Zerg. I think Protoss players have been pretty stubborn with a lot of their builds, its the race with by far the lowest amount of changes to play. Zerg players have developed so much since launch, and Terran has been forced to adapt because of the dramatic changes to the race.

Terran looks like the weakest race to me, TvZ is kind of a mess right now, and PvT is tough in the mid game once the Colossi come out, I just think a lot of players flocked to it when it was the best race so plenty of great Terrans are still out there.

Top Bottom