• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good road trip games for the GBA and DS

I leave tommorrow morning, my brother and I are going to be together and he has a DS. What are good multiplayer and generally good games that will make a road trip fly by?

Tiktaalik

avoid tappy games for the DS because those are pretty much impossible to play in a moving car (at least on the roads in canada). Stick with DS games that only use the buttons.

demi

Yeah don't play any stylus games, it was almost impossible to play Lost Magic on the airplane for me.

SumGamer

artful_dodger said:
Playing DS in a moving car = vomit total. I think its the 2 screens that makes it 2x as bad. :(

It depend on your eye health, I think. I played with my DS on the bus everyday.

Johnas

Unresponsive Bee Victim said:
I have that, haven't played it in 7 years, I think it is ripe for a play through.

Nice. I'm actually replaying Super Mario Land 2 for the first time in ~10 years. Still fun, really easy though.

Jiggy

* = good multiplayer
** = can be played for extended periods of time
*** = both

Good multiplayer in bursts:
New Super Mario Bros., Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Good solo for extended periods of time:
Super Mario 64 DS, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: TSS, Tales of Phantasia

Good multiplayer for extended periods of time:
Tetris DS

Good solo and multiplayer for extended periods of time:
Advance Wars DS, Advance Wars 2, Mario Tennis Power Tour, any Pokemon, Tactics Ogre (IIRC multiplayer is only good if you can somehow get two copies)

Joico

Any of the Metroid's or Castlevania's on GBA are my favorites for long trips. Of course I have Advance Wars, Street Fighter Alpha and a lot of the others already mentioned.

Tarazet

I was playing Break-Em-All on the bus, and on the rough-and-tumble Highway 280 too, with the stylus... I mean, I wouldn't take Trauma Center, but I can't imagine anything else being a major problem.

loosus

Banned
The multiplayer sucks ass, but I liked New Super Mario Bros. overall. It's a game where you can do a little, find a point to save, and then just shut it off.

Advance Wars, of course, is probably the best multiplayer title on the system.

Tarazet

loosus said:
The multiplayer sucks ass, but I liked New Super Mario Bros. overall. It's a game where you can do a little, find a point to save, and then just shut it off.

.........................Say what?

Is this the same NSMB where you can only save by clearing a castle, or doing something else that has a major effect on the gameplay progress?

demi

You can save only if you use 5 coins, or finish a castle. After you beat the game, you can go back and do everything, and save whenever you want.

Top Bottom