• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye cruel world

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
:lol

You'd never survive a day in my shoes.

Grow a pair.

Man UP!

Training_Day_-_Denze_11283a.jpg

Tazznum1

This entire thing was a waste of time because it is obvious your friend is jealous that you felt his sis up and not him.

Ghey.

i demand pics of puke, him, his sister, you before asskicking and you after asskicking.

PS kick him in the nuts and go from there

ManDudeChild said:
You can stop repeating yourself anytime now. It's not going anywhere and, while technically correct, the difference in age surely is a factor ... but then I'd be repeating myself. How's about we get back on topic ok?

I can't believe so many of you guys believe in age discrimination. Somehow 2 years difference in age lets people get away with a hypothetical crime. I wonder if you guys would be so willing to defend him if he was a 50-year old fat bald man.

Etiolate: My view on laws: the laws can be changed, but what really matters is what you can do with the present laws.

OK fine, he got away this time. But other states might have been more strict about this matter and I did leave several sort-of disclaimers around.

lachesis

Well, I just find funny, that you are calling the people who are going to hold you up when you are taking the beating of lifetime as your "Friends". Friends do not gang-bang you. If anyone does that, he's no friend of yours and you are better off finding better human beings who can accept one's fault and mistake.

If my sister was groped mistakenly by my friend, yes I'll get pissed. If I find that friend has not apologized to my sister, I'll probably warn him and lose him out of my life. But I wouldn't want to beat him up just for that. Violence doesn't do any good to anyone.

lachesis

please, about the law concerning underage girls -- it's only breaking the law if you're caught. 16 year olds and above are fair game as long as they understand their decision.

when i was 18, 15 happened to be the lowest i went.

now that i'm 21, 16/17 was the lowest. i don't search out for them, though.

just have fun, dude. that's what life is all about.

impirius

eggplant said:
I can't believe so many of you guys believe in age discrimination. Somehow 2 years difference in age lets people get away with a hypothetical crime. I wonder if you guys would be so willing to defend him if he was a 50-year old fat bald man.
Please just stop and say that you're joking. These posts are starting to make my head hurt.

Slo

There is NO definete line between an adult and a minor in the eyes of the law. The age of 18 doesn't mean much. Exceptions are made all the time. Minors who commit crimes are often charged as adults. 18 year olds that are still in high school are not considered adults inside of the classroom. And minors can date "legal" adults (and have consensual sex) if the age differential is within an acceptable range.

FACTS.

Dilbert

OK, I'm going to lock this -- it's getting out of hand, and I don't feel like banning anyone today. (Yet.)

The bottom line is that we don't know EXACTLY what Chony did...and given his extreme intoxication, I doubt he does either. "Groping" could be anything from purposeful pawing (bad times) or inappropriate hand placement while trying to get his drunk ass off the floor (par for the course with drunk people). This ain't a courtroom, and it's pointless to argue it anymore.

For what it's worth, I think eggplant is one of our better posters -- the guy is usually damn reasonable. This particular issue has struck a nerve with him for some reason, so I wish people would cut him some slack. I'm sure he has his reasons for being this touchy.

In my opinion, age of consent laws in this country are broken. It's ridiculous to have some arbitrary dividing line between legal and not legal. If a couple has been dating and sexually active all the way through high school, and one day the older of the two happens to turn 16/17/18 (whatever works for your state), then what they've been doing is all of a sudden illegal? And how does a 40-year-old dating an 18-year-old not qualify as child abuse? I think that there ought to be a sliding scale -- you can date someone +/-2 years from your age until you're, say, 21, and after that, you can go do what you want. And, oh yeah, sex before you're 14 should be illegal, period. Play with the numbers until you're happy...I'm not attached to any of them. The point is that kids DO experiment with sex, and as long as they're experimenting with other kids, I don't see the problem.

Finally, to Chony: I forget who gave you the advice, but I agree with talking with the sister first to work things out. If the two of you are cool, then her brother has no business trying to fight you. And, oh yeah, he's a shitty friend -- once you're clear of this, drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom