Goodbye cruel world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Jun 7, 2004
8,811
151
1,435
Memphis
Feeling a girl up after you had one too many isn't admirable, but come on. This guy needs to lighten up. If I were you I'd just apologize and find some friends who are a little more laid back about things.
 
Jun 6, 2004
14,917
0
1,440
2 years is the limit so I dont know how far the "underage thing" would fly



and seriously dude if he comes at you beat the holy shit out of him, Id agree with a lesson being learned but not the one this jockstrap goblin has in mind.



edit: are your "friends" straight edge for the most part? and/or under 16


it sure sounds like it.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
Chony said:
It's just really hard to approach this situation. I don't want to just stand there while he wails on me, I don't want the courts involved, but he is adament about a "lesson" learned. I could try to contact the sister and apologize, but I don't think that is possible at this point. I am just going to try to meet him in a crowded area (resturaunt most likely), and reason and be as diplomatic as possible. I have never been in a fight before, I am frail, 150 lbs, six foot two. He is six foot and 200 lbs, and been in fights before.
Dude, what the hell? You're 6'2". You're not exactly tiny. What are you so worried about? You're about the same size as me. As for "how to fight"... if he comes after you, just start wailing on him. You know how to make a fist, right?
 
Jun 7, 2004
11,145
0
0
37
North Carolina
impiri.us
Okay, speaking in all seriousness and from personal experience:

If your friends turn on you based on hearsay, screw 'em. Cut them out of your life. If they have turned their backs on you and have not come to you for your side of the story, they are not worth one more second of your time.

As far as the brother goes... you should apologize to his sister, and if she accepts, tell him that the matter was between you and his sister and is now resolved.
 
Jun 8, 2004
2,994
1
0
eggplant said:
Remember that he's an adult and she's still underage. Also, groping unwilling victims is wrong at any age.
He's an adult by law. There's only a two year gap between the two. She won't need to seek therapy for having a drunken dude that's barely older then her grope her. If he were 40, understandable.

Yes it wrong, but if the guy was really his friend he wouldn't get so defensive over something this trivial. An apology to the friend and sister should patch things up.
 
Jun 7, 2004
2,118
0
0
Guileless said:
Feeling a girl up after you had one too many isn't admirable, but come on. This guy needs to lighten up. If I were you I'd just apologize and find some friends who are a little more laid back about things.
I havent talked to all of my friends because I have been busy at work, so I don't know the general consensus. But my friend named names, and gave quotes, ie "I will hold him down". I am going to try to talk to my other friends, especially ones who were at the party and saw me how I was.

ZombieSupaStar said:
edit: are your "friends" straight edge for the most part? and/or under 16
What? Most of my friends are 18+, but I dont know what you mean by straight edge.

I will probably fight him. I will see what happens when my adrenaline kicks in, and how I fight back. I will be able to give everyone an update by Monday after this shit is all over. I don't know how he would react if I managed to kick his ass.
 

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Jun 7, 2004
8,811
151
1,435
Memphis
The term 'straight edge' means people that never drink or do drugs. If your friends are like really Jesused out and paranoid about drinking and premaritial sex or whatever, they should also disapprove of violence for consistency's sake. Perhaps you could argue that.

If you give him a sincere apology and he still insists on whipping your ass for this, honestly I don't think you should want to be friends with this guy.
 
Jun 9, 2004
5,818
1
0
Chony said:
I havent talked to all of my friends because I have been busy at work, so I don't know the general consensus. But my friend named names, and gave quotes, ie "I will hold him down". I am going to try to talk to my other friends, especially ones who were at the party and saw me how I was.
Yeah, if they're going to be cowards about it in addition to overreacting, you should probably call the police.
 

jett

D-Member
Jun 6, 2004
98,879
0
1,575
This is bullshit, your "friend" is a fuckwad. His pride or whatever the shit hurts and he wants meaningless retribuition. Like I said, fuck him. Don't just stand there like some dipshit, do something.

And for the people making a big deal about the girl being 17...fucking morons, all of you. It's just a 2 year difference, the fuck does it matter. Not like anything happened, anyway.
 
Jun 7, 2004
7,331
0
0
Deep Space 9
I think he lives in Holland, he can get away with it, he didn't do anything anyway, grabbing t/s won't get you in trouble, go to the police if things get out of hand and tell them your story, i think your friend is grabbing this opportunity to get even with something that has nothing to do with his sister.

Heck i was dating a 17 year old when i was 20, dated a 16 year old when i was 19 as well and some of the things that went down would probably have her Their dads hang me from the higest tree, if they knew, but hey these girls were wild and came up with all sorts of crazy shit to do :D
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
jett said:
This is bullshit, your "friend" is a fuckwad. His pride or whatever the shit hurts and he wants meaningless retribuition. Like I said, fuck him. Don't just stand there like some dipshit, do something.

And for the people making a big deal about the girl being 17...fucking morons, all of you. It's just a 2 year difference, the fuck does it matter. Not like anything happened, anyway.
At least in my state, if he had sex with her, he would be committing rape even if it were consensual.

Maybe a more appropriate term is "child molestation". I don't know if there is a cut off age, but I assume that all minors would be protected under child molestation laws.

If I were the family, I would contact the police to see if the OP can be arrested. Violence is not the answer in this situation.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...eal.ap/+child+molestation+laws+teenager&hl=en
http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...+child+molestation+laws+teenage+groping&hl=en
 
Jun 6, 2004
5,555
0
0
eggplant said:
At least in my state, if he had sex with her, he would be committing rape even if it were consensual.

Maybe a more appropriate term is "child molestation". I don't know if there is a cut off age, but I assume that all minors would be protected under child molestation laws.

If I were the family, I would contact the police to see if the OP can be arrested. Violence is not the answer in this situation.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...eal.ap/+child+molestation+laws+teenager&hl=en
http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...+child+molestation+laws+teenage+groping&hl=en
yeah, lets get chony arrested! 10 years in jail! That's not overreacting at all! :rolleyes
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
Warhammer 40k said:
yeah, lets get chony arrested! 10 years in jail! That's not overreacting at all! :rolleyes
obviously we can't. we arent' the victims in this situation.

Crimes need to be punished. The OP needs to take responsibility for his actions and admit guilt in a court, if necessary.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
eggplant said:
At least in my state, if he had sex with her, he would be committing rape even if it were consensual.

Maybe a more appropriate term is "child molestation". I don't know if there is a cut off age, but I assume that all minors would be protected under child molestation laws.

If I were the family, I would contact the police to see if the OP can be arrested. Violence is not the answer in this situation.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...eal.ap/+child+molestation+laws+teenager&hl=en
http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...+child+molestation+laws+teenage+groping&hl=en
What. The. Fuck.

Child molestation? What are you smoking?


I hope you realize that calling what this guy did "child molestation" is distinctly unhelpful to real molestation victims...
 
Jun 6, 2004
5,555
0
0
eggplant said:
obviously we can't. we arent' the victims in this situation.

Crimes need to be punished. The OP needs to take responsibility for his actions and admit guilt in a court, if necessary.
no shit WE can't, god i didn't mean.. you really piss me off!
 
Jul 1, 2004
3,019
0
0
Or 'sexualt assault' (different countries have different interprations). It doesn't matter what age she is (after this you get into Chapelle semantics. 'Like really, how old is 15?'), if he had done it to a random woman at a club or pub she could of pressed charges (not knowing what it is like in Denmark/USA). In a sense you're lucky(just for the whole hassle of the thing). That being said however I would not be subject to some misguided 'brotherly justice'. Defend yourself.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
eggplant said:
Groping still goes under child molestation, I believe. Sex doesn't need to be involved. You know, those pedophiles touching kids' dicks and such?
This must be the natural process by which lawyers form....

Seriously, how can you even begin to equate what this guy did with pedophiles? Get a grip, man.
 
Jun 9, 2004
5,025
0
0
Here in Aus if someone has consensual sex with someone underage it's not called rape...that's just dumb. Rape by definition is forced.

It's still illegal of course it's just classified as having sex with a minor.
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
Cyan said:
This must be the natural process by which lawyers form....

Seriously, how can you even begin to equate what this guy did with pedophiles? Get a grip, man.
Well then, change the laws. Although I did not find a sure website on this, I did find that 17 year olds can be "molested" by adults. Touching private parts is definatly a sex crime.

Child molestation is a serious offense. Just imagine the attack ads: "Candidate X easy on sex offenders!"
 

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Jun 6, 2004
24,097
0
0
Nothing will happen. The guy won't do shit in person. He'll probably just start yelling at Chony or something...but nothing will happen.
 
Jun 8, 2004
19,324
0
0
Since they might gang up on you, find a real friend or a bunch of them to be around, stealthy is possible. and if you are really paranoid -- manage to find a way to carry something with you. Heck a fucking sock filled with pennies is more than enough. Attach it under you coat so that it doesnt easily falls out if you get thrown around, but make it so its easy enough to pull out. Only pull it out as a very last resort, because its going to piss them off to the extreme.

Kids these days are fucking crazy, and the adrenaline and group mindset might turns them into animals. Thats what I would do. youre never too safe with retards.

But for gods sake, try to contact the sister and then the guy by phone first. Protecting yourself using physical violence is the last resort.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
eggplant said:
Child molestation is a serious offense.
Exactly. That's why the type of dumb shit that you're spouting is counter-productive.
Well then, change the laws.
You're obviously a "letter of the law" person. No, the solution is not to change the laws, the solution is to not interpret the laws in completely retarded ways.
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
Cyan said:
Exactly. That's why the type of dumb shit that you're spouting is counter-productive.
WTF. It's about punishing people for crimes. I don't believe in discriminating between old and young men.

You're obviously a "letter of the law" person. No, the solution is not to change the laws, the solution is to not interpret the laws in completely retarded ways.
Sounds like typical easy-on-criminals bs.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
eggplant said:
WTF. It's about punishing people for crimes. I don't believe in discriminating between old and young men.
:rolleyes. So glad to hear how unbiased you are... but you're completely missing the point. Child molestation is indeed a serious offense. What the OP did is neither child molestation nor a serious offense. By calling what he did "child molestation," you are making light of real child molestation.
Sounds like typical easy-on-criminals bs.
Correct interpretation of law = easy on criminals? If you say so.

So what punishment would you suggest for this "criminal?" Ten years or so?
 

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Jun 10, 2004
18,088
0
0
37
NYC
as someone who hasn't been in a fight since the 7th grade let me tell you one thing, run. run for your life and never look back.

the one good thing, in fact the only thing my dad ever told me that served any use was this - in a fight go for the ankles the first thing you can. screw the Achilles and his girly heel, regardless of how strong a man is, outside of the well expected crotch strike, forcing his ankle sideways will bring him down quickly.

rush in as soon as you can and avoid any nasty punches thrown. when close, smother him in a hug and try to stomp out his ankle with all your weight as soon as you can. if possible add further insult to injury by kissing him on the cheek while he falls in pain. as soon as he's down, depending on surroundings, either kick him a couple of times or run. run for your life and never look back.
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
Cyan said:
:rolleyes. So glad to hear how unbiased you are... but you're completely missing the point. Child molestation is indeed a serious offense. What the OP did is neither child molestation nor a serious offense. By calling what he did "child molestation," you are making light of real child molestation. Correct interpretation of law = easy on criminals? If you say so.

So what punishment would you suggest for this "criminal?" Ten years or so?
Why can't it be considered child molestation? From my previous posts, I've pointed out why it can be considered child molestation.

I've seen so many different numbers for "average child molestation sentence". It looks like a couple of months plus probation is good enough, esp since he admits guilt and is sorry.
 
Jun 9, 2004
5,818
1
0
eggplant said:
Why can't it be considered child molestation? From my previous posts, I've pointed out why it can be considered child molestation.

I've seen so many different numbers for "average child molestation sentence". It looks like a couple of months plus probation is good enough, esp since he admits guilt and is sorry.
Wtf is wrong with you?

Also, am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that the girl was gropped by a guy totally drunk off his ass? I'm not trying to say he didn't do anything wrong here, but it seems a bit odd that she couldn't have stopped trying to situate him or whatever, or call out or something.
 
eggplant said:
Why can't it be considered child molestation? From my previous posts, I've pointed out why it can be considered child molestation.

I've seen so many different numbers for "average child molestation sentence". It looks like a couple of months plus probation is good enough, esp since he admits guilt and is sorry.
So you'd wish for Chony to go to jail. In those couple of months, as a "sexual offender", its possible that Chony may get molested, and maybe even raped. And if you're lucky, he may contract AIDs.

Its ridiculous, I'd never be able to get a girl thrown in jail for grabbing my ass.
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
eggplant said:
Why can't it be considered child molestation? From my previous posts, I've pointed out why it can be considered child molestation.
Yes, you've pointed out why, by the letter of the law, it could be considered child molestation. And I argued that that was stupid. Sometimes, common sense needs to be used. I'm definitely a "spirit of the law" kind of guy.

If you're asking me what I mean by "real" child molestation... I think that should be obvious. "Those pedophiles touching kids' dicks and such" is basically what I'm talking about.
a couple of months plus probation
That's a pretty light sentence for child molestation. Soft on criminals, are we?

Caveat: I'm not arguing that what the OP did was ok in any way. He should at the very least be apologizing to the girl. But a 19-year-old touching a 17-year-old inappropriately is not child molestation. Sexual harassment or something at the MOST, but not child molestation.
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
BobbyRobby said:
So you'd wish for Chony to go to jail. In those couple of months, as a "sexual offender", its possible that Chony may get molested, and maybe even raped. And if you're lucky, he may contract AIDs.

Its ridiculous, I'd never be able to get a girl thrown in jail for grabbing my ass.
She could go to jail if she is an adult and you are a minor.

Cyan:

Hey at least I proposed some kind of punishment. You would have let him walk free. IIRC sexual harrassment involves situations where coercion can be used, like the workplace or at school.

Pedophile: an adult who is sexually attracted to children
....what's the difference between grabbing "T&A" and touching dick?
 
Jun 10, 2004
34,830
0
0
Whoops, you misunderstood me again. It's not about t&a vs dick.

It's about this guy is 19, and the girl is 17! How many times do I have to say that? This is NOT pedophilia.

Yes, I would let the guy walk free. This is not a matter for the law IMO (although I don't definitely know the particulars; I am making a few assumptions based on the guy's story). If anything, this is a matter for the two families in question.
 
Jun 6, 2004
5,809
0
0
eggplant said:
You know, 18 is the magic number here. He could be 18 and the situation would be the same.



you and the rest of society let creeps like him prosper


Prospering is exactly the feeling I get for his immediate future.
 
eggplant said:
you and the rest of society let creeps like him prosper
True Story. My friends older brother just turned himself in , and was arrested for Sexual Harrassment. Guess why?

He was driving a female coworker in a company car when he saw a male friend of his. He leaned out the window, and said to his friend, "Hey, I wanna fuck you." in a joking tone. For some reason, his whore of a coworker felt sexually threatend by this statement and decided to take legal action.

The creep in that situation is the female coworker, and the creep in your situation would be the girl who decides to charge a boy who groped her with child molestation. If you choose to exploit unjust laws, you're a creep.
 

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Jun 6, 2004
18,513
2
0
Sigh. If the original post was something like "Hey, my friend is going to kick my ass, because I anally fisted his 12 year old sister" I could see you getting all preachy and saying "GO TO THE COPS! TURN YOURSELF IN!"

But getting drunk and grabbing breasts? The most punishment he should face is some angry remarks from the brother & sister, and maybe buying her some flowers, or something. I mean, if every 18 year old boy who grabbed a 17 year old's tits while intoxicated was in jail, how would we have high school football teams?

EDIT: If I had a kid sister and one of my friends grabbed her tits, I'd probablyget real pissed. Drunk or not. That's just sibling love, you know? I don't know if I'd kick his ass. That doesn't mean that I haven't done stupid shit when I'm drunk. It happens. He shouldn't go to jail. And he shouldn't get his head cracked open by some steakhead, either. He should be apologetic, and learn his lesson.
 
Jun 8, 2004
3,816
0
0
BobbyRobby said:
True Story. My friends older brother just turned himself in , and was arrested for Sexual Harrassment. Guess why?

He was driving a female coworker in a company car when he saw a male friend of his. He leaned out the window, and said to his friend, "Hey, I wanna fuck you." in a joking tone. For some reason, his whore of a coworker felt sexually threatend by this statement and decided to take legal action.

The creep in that situation is the female coworker, and the creep in your situation would be the girl who decides to charge a boy who groped her with child molestation. If you choose to exploit unjust laws, you're a creep.
First of all, using vulgar language at the workplace is inappropriate.
Second of all, this isn't about "exploiting unjust laws". Anti-sexual molestation laws are widely respected and not generally considered "unjust". Also, since when did enforcement=exploitation?

"Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment ."
http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-sex.html
--good luck to him fighting the truth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.