• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye GAF! (P.S. I'm Drinky Crow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
There's a pretty clear difference between the presented-as-genuine-opinion posts of JackFrost and the raving-trollery of Drinky. More extreme though the latter may be, believe it or not people don't take it as seriously, other than overly defensive Nintendo/Xenogears/Shenmue fans.

duckroll

Matlock said:
Although the whole thing's full of holes, the biggest one that occurred to me is the concept of Vestal "being" Drinky going against past actions. If you all remember (and it'd be hard not to), Vestal pulled a shit fit because Dormer outed his trolling of Squaresoft.

[......]

Then you've got a videogame journalist who's publicly shitting over companies through two accounts, publicising the fact, and then worrying that they'll hear any of it.

Sorry but you've been out of the loop for a loooooong time.

JackFrost2012 said:
I don't "self identify" as a gaming journalist, ever since the GIA shut down, and I'm far more laid back in my attitude towards games, the games industry, and even GAF itself.

One of the key reasons he puts gaming journalism behind him is because of the either Dormer saga anyway, so it's pretty funny for you to bring that up. :D

Daigoro

Matlock said:

This presents three situations:

1. metahoax
2. metahoax
3. metahoax

sherlock.bmp

jarosh

Matlock said:
My assumption is that the JackFrost account is retired due to recognition, and a smaller account has been adopted in lieu. Synthesizer Patel strikes me as a good candidate.
synthesizer patel it is.

Matlock

Banned
duckroll said:
keeping the hoax up

Which is why on gafwiki, there's two seperate editors of a single entry, with disputing edits--one IP resolves to a japanese isp, the other to comcast.

As there was no reason to keep up "the visage" on a private wikipedia...well. You know. Just to be safe, I'm going to set phasers to "ignore" for a couple of weeks on all involved, because this amount of circlejerkery and attention whoring is above and beyond the call of GAF duty.

Matlock said:
Which is why on gafwiki, there's two seperate editors of a single entry, with disputing edits--one IP resolves to a japanese isp, the other to comcast.

As there was no reason to keep up "the visage" on a private wikipedia...well. You know. Just to be safe, I'm going to set phasers to "ignore" for a couple of weeks on all involved, because this amount of circlejerkery and attention whoring is above and beyond the call of GAF duty.

You're just upset that you weren't included in the in-joke.

Zilch

Banned
Matlock said:

Couldn't the comcast IP be White Man?

As far as Synth Patel is concerned, I thought it might be White Man... Patel's posting style is very very similar to the writing style in most of the GAFWiki posts. Plus the ironic retro new-wavey persona seems to fit White Mang.

Matlock

Banned
Zilch said:

As far as Synth Patel is concerned, I thought it might be White Man... Patel's posting style is very very similar to the writing style in most of the GAFWiki posts.

Raketemensch or whatever is JackFrost, who has a similar writing style on gafwiki.

duckroll said:
Vestal has always been King Squaresoft of course, but think about how long Drinky's been hating on Nintendo....... and consider Square and Nintendo's relations. That should answer a few questions for those wondering why Drinky exists as he is, and why he needs to continue this way for awhile.
I disagree that would be much of a reason. If this is the case since 2002, Nintendo and Square have been semi-buddy-buddy since March of that year.

the year 20XX said:
So whatever happens, Andrew Vestal is going to continue posting on GAF? He is nice and fun and smart and I enjoy reading stuff he posts.
Well, if the basis premise of the thread is true, it seems we're missing out on Andrew Wiggin in favor of Peter Wiggin.

White Man

Zilch said:

A ton of us Seattle-area gaffers are on comcast, and a number of them played on GAFwiki before I required registration. For the record, I do believe that's the IP address of my XP machine, but I'm not positive.

Solo

Tell me why I should care GAF! A joke character reveals his true self... as another joke character? Yay! Spannuuud!

Stalin FTMFW!

Synthesizer Patel has got to be somebody with connections.
A tag on his first day joining up? I figured he was a stealth insider or a new joke account.
And there has got to be somebody pulling Mr. Angry Face's strings, either that, or he's an integral part of the scam.
Remember the bad-game-off he and "Drinky" had awhile back, that just makes even less sense now that I think about it.

Ristamar said:
Poop phone story?

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Poop phone
Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding
Doop phone

It grows in bunches
I've got my hunches
Its the best
beats the rest
cellular modular
interactivodular

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Poop phone
Ping pong ping pong ping pong ping
Pooop phone

Its no baloney
It aint a phony
My cellular
Poop phone

Limedust

Well, I tried to remember when I got my mail package from Drinky (Washington state address), but I can't remember if it was pre or post 2002... I think it was pre-2002... under his "Castellan" nickname.

Nope, no help here, folks. Long live the true Doug Erickson, wherever he may be!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So tell us "Drinky". How many GAF'ers are behind the two way mirror watching you "dance" for them? Or do you all take turns in the Crows portrayal through drawn straws?

I don't think it will be that hard to find some of the players who are in on it. I'm sure some of them may ghost and not post at all but the character would never have taken off if it wasn't for some staged "reactions" to Drinky's antics by a few of the blending herd. Drinky makes a topic (normally idiotic but they all consider it good writing on a manipulative level). Then in response someone posts something like " :lol " or "This topic is GAF History!" enough times and eventually herd mentality takes over when unsuspecting props help solidify the legacy. Then they all sit back and talk about how they got the less intelligent GAF'ers to look like complete tools by buying into it (a definition I am sure is shared only within the circle). Then there are the oblivious GAF'ers who think they are in on the joke but sadly these are the unsuspecting props and are equally satirized as the aristocrats sip their chocolate chauds.

I'm pretty sure most of these guys are writers who are bored to death with more normal means of amusement. They feel empowered through being apart of something so ingeniously planned and executed that it fills their empty lives with a measurable sense of accomplishment accompanied by a significant degree of satisfaction. To you I say Bravo and well played. You all make the Individual Eleven look like a 7-Eleven scratch and win.

Chrono

Banned
dumbest 'prank' ever.

and synthesizer patel is drinky crow. it's painfully obvious from the writing style alone. drinky crow = patel = gafwiki writer (well most of it, the ones posted here are the ones I read).

VALIS

Pretty funny how most people instantly thought Synthesizer Patel was a sock puppet (ie. alternate account) of someone here. I did too. People with a sense of humor and a decent amount of style in their writing just don't join up very often. :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, being serious... (Or at least as serious as GAF admins get)

There are no sockpuppets being played here, we've had some fun with the multi-account amnesty bannings to mix things up a little as a few people say goodbye to their secondary accounts, but no-one is now using a secondary account with the blessing of the administration.

Some of those that have declared their accounts in the amnesty have taken the opportunity to have their main account renamed, some have taken the opportunity to leave GAF for a while and have ALL their accounts banned, some have taken the opportunity to kill recently made accounts and go back to old usernames they were once known under, but that is all, and the March 16th deadline is serious - no playing.

As for Drinky, well he's...
Whoa! Thought I'd reveal that?.... No way josé

And for the record, no, I am not Andrew Vestal, thankyouverymuch :p

I'm Darkshire :p... Nononono, Just kidding :)

...and on that bombshell, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom