• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High Review Thread |OT| Snootjob

What scores do you think Goodbye Volcano High will get?

• 30-35%

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • 35-40$

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 75 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Watched the ending to see if at least you can see them being pulverized by the meteor
Sadly, you don't

Also WTF is this gameplay. The music bits I saw are literally a very basic rhythm game over static images, this is like newgrounds game tier (and not a good one at that)
These 'devs' had that in mind from the get-go. Think about it this way, they announced this creep show back in 2020 and built up a rather large following during that time. I don't think they ever planned to scrap all that 'effort' with a single game. There will be sequels...next one coming soon in 2027.

pretty wild that one of the most voted options in the poll was 30-35% and it still overshot the real thing... by 30-35% as nobody is getting near this dinodumpster fire

Beyond the memes the concept of this game is cool. Always wondered how people would act if we knew we were all going to die in an extinction event.
Burning France GIF by Storyful

Varteras

Gold Member
Always wondered how people would act if we knew we were all going to die in an extinction event.

Countries would still be crying about the UK stealing cultural artifacts hundreds of years ago that they don't actually care about. In response, the US steals the corpse of the Queen and makes Weekend at Bernie's 3 with it. For one last jab at them and finally gaining worldwide admiration right at the end. With a smile and a big middle finger as the lights go out. Don't worry. We didn't get away scott free. Half our population died in mass shootings. The other half were just better shots.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
:) let’s say in some scenes they looked ok the film was not bad.For me the best looking Werwolf is the one in Bram stockers Dracula after that Night Wolf.Best Werwolf legs are the one in the beginning from Howl.Sorry for going a bit off topic
The best looking Werwolf…
ee9df79c2c17ea8974419a3d294683db.gif

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Episode 3 seems a bit shorter and I got it knocked off in about 40 mins. It's still boring and Trish can still fuck off.

The 'not dungeons and dragons for legal reasons' mini-game plays exactly the same as the main game.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The 'not dungeons and dragons for legal reasons' mini-game plays exactly the same as the main game.
If it's not D & D what did they call it? Dingleberries & Snoots?

Stop torturing yourself, mate. If you're growing scales and noticing impaired speech; could be transistioning from human to walnut brain. Just gotta leave it be...before it's too late.

I know American Werwolf in London for my liking it looks to much like a bear when walking on all fours.Most Werwolfs look like rats or dogs or basic wolfs that is to boring.I don’t like the movie to be honest to much comedy stuff in it and ghostly zombies who makes funny jokes.The beginning was amazing.But the best beginning in any Werwolf film is the Howl movie with the train.Most scary suspense beginning best walking Werwolf legs but they made the upper body really dumm bodybuilder monster looking.still way better Film the American Werwolf in London even Werwolf in Paris I like more than London.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
How has this game still NOT be reviewed yet?

There's a couple of user opinions at the end of the embarrassingly small Era thread.

- the black loading screens ruin immersion for one player.

- The DND segments are a total pace breaker and drag for another.

- A final user says that the Art style is ass and they preferred the old style until the hacker known as 4Chan Pepe'd it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There's a couple of user opinions at the end of the embarrassingly small Era thread.

- the black loading screens ruin immersion for one player.

- The DND segments are a total pace breaker and drag for another.

- A final user says that the Art style is ass and they preferred the old style until the hacker known as 4Chan Pepe'd it.

LOL! That's crazy. Goes to show that there aren't many media outlets that push so-called "virtue-signaling" games to the forefront. If they were they would have reviewed this game and given it a great score by now.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
LOL! That's crazy. Goes to show that there aren't many media outlets that push so-called "virtue-signaling" games to the forefront. If they were they would have reviewed this game and given it a great score by now.
Or… hear me out.
They can’t review it well because it’s not that good, and they can’t review it badly because the intended audience would rake them over the coals. So they just don’t review it.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Or… hear me out.
They can’t review it well because it’s not that good, and they can’t review it badly because the intended audience would rake them over the coals. So they just don’t review it.
Bingo. Besides that, with 11-pages here, you know about everything you'd ever need to know about the game. Really...there's nothing holding anyone back from reviewing (looking at you MudoSkills MudoSkills ...just drop a line so people will stop asking)

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That'll be crazy.

Shit be rough for the grift game when you don't have any more BPD emo chicks to flaunt the shit products like Vanna White, and just have the shit products on their own merit.

It's a paradoxical nightmare that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. These devs don't even hit the top fifty, so they can have the paradoxical nightmare. I am generous.

K2D

Banned
Looks like to much angst and seething for me, and I played Life is Strange (which was enjoyable)..

I have to say the hate people have for this game is dumb. Those people are not the target market for it, If the game fails is due to the market they shot not being interested in it, if it succeeds then good for them.

I know this is like talking to a wall, people will complain about anything anyway, Looking at any other game before this one and one that just launched this week, which I won't mention by name, it is funny and sad at the same time.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I have to say the hate people have for this game is dumb. Those people are not the target market for it, If the game fails is due to the market they shot not being interested in it, if it succeeds then good for them.

I know this is like talking to a wall, people will complain about anything anyway, Looking at any other game before this one and one that just launched this week, which I won't mention by name, it is funny and sad at the same time.

11 pages of jokes, fun, and gaffawing.

ALL THIS HATE IS FUNNY

YOU GUYS JUST LIKE....DON'T GET IT.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Finished episode 4, which is mainly about applying to college. It's so boring it's almost like they have tried to create an anti-game, because they must hate everyone who enjoys videogames.

This is the part where Sage talks to you about transitioning, and the reason the conversation happens is because you tell them they can be a chef if they enjoy cooking. Sage's one personality trait is that they bake cookies.

Top Bottom