• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High Review Thread |OT| Snootjob

What scores do you think Goodbye Volcano High will get?

• 30-35%

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • 35-40$

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 75 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

ZehDon

Gold Member
This game was all but designed for the Modern Professional Game Reviewer®. Anyone expecting anything less than 9.5/10 has deeply underestimated how well preaching to that choir works.

This game looks absolutely fucking garbage. Nothing good about this one in my opinion and it’s being released the same week as Starfield early access? Good job!

Gandih42

Genuinely curious, what started the hate train for this game? It looks about as cringe as any other angsty teen/young adult visual novel. From what I understand, it's not trying to disguise its LGBTQ+ angle.

I think the anthropomorphic dinosaur / world ending theme is neat, albeit a bit on the nose.

keefged4

Genuinely curious, what started the hate train for this game? It looks about as cringe as any other angsty teen/young adult visual novel. From what I understand, it's not trying to disguise its LGBTQ+ angle.

I think the anthropomorphic dinosaur / world ending theme is neat, albeit a bit on the nose.
THE MESSAGE & BUILT FOR MODERN DAY AUDIENCES etc

Cyberpunkd

It's a game designed for furry simps. How pathetic can you get?

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Game on PS5 reveal showcase, taking time from the AAA exclusives or maybe hate for being a console exclusive. Then it came out the original writer had an article on Kotaku where they had photos of digitised nude models [taken from the games at the time) of the underage cast of Harry Potter in sexual acts. It is utterly disgusting and the main reason I'll never give Kotaku a click. To their credit the developers sacked the writer and redid the narrative to avoid having a pedophile sympathiser on the credits.

The current hate? It's fun to shit on the game like Forspoken. Forspoken got a lot of unjustified hate, it's a decent game with utter dogshit writers attached for cringe moments. Anyone who played Forspoken doesn't think it's a bad game if you exclude the shit dialogue. It's not even close to the worst game this year, Gollum and Redfall can battle for that one.

Last edited:

Gandih42

Game on PS5 reveal showcase, taking time from the AAA exclusives or maybe hate for being a console exclusive. Then it came out the original writer had an article on Kotaku where they had photos of digitised nude models [taken from the games at the time) of the underage cast of Harry Potter in sexual acts. It is utterly disgusting and the main reason I'll never give Kotaku a click. To their credit the developers sacked the writer and redid the narrative to avoid having a pedophile sympathiser on the credits.

The current hate? It's fun to shit on the game like Forspoken. Forspoken got a lot of unjustified hate, it's a decent game with utter dogshit writers attached for cringe moments. Anyone who played Forspoken doesn't think it's a bad game if you exclude the shit dialogue. It's not even close to the worst game this year, Gollum and Redfall can battle for that one.
Thanks, that's the kind of reply I was looking for. Though seems like much more of a positive story, the devs holding the writer accountable instead of letting it slide.

Forspoken, Gollum, and Redfall make a lot more sense to me. They're much higher profile AAA games (arguably not Gollum but it had the LOTR brand), that were marketed and pushed heavily.

This just seems like something a lot more niche that'd fall under the radar for those not much interested (myself included).

Ar¢tos

If anyone is curious- I will not be reviewing this game. I simply have no interest and i didnt bother reaching out to them. Also, they've decided to release it at the most dumbest and possible time. Not only was this game already dead on arrival but they made sure that it was 1000% dead because it comes out between Starfield, Sea of Stars, Blasphemous 2 and Armored 6. Very smart business decisions, where ever approved the release date or was okay with it deserves a platinum medal.
Maybe their market research showed them that the people that will buy the game have no interest in any of those games (or... in games in general).

Drizzlehell

Banned
Maybe their market research showed them that the people that will buy the game have no interest in any of those games (or... in games in general).
Yeah... I'd wager that people who are earnest about playing some degenerate furry shit probably don't care that much about anything else, lol.

Top Bottom