• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Game Streaming Reveal Thread 'Stadia' (Launching in 2019)

Are you excited for Googles Entry in the Industry!?

• Total voters

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm interested, but I won't get excited until I get some hands on time with it. The streaming services I've used so far haven't provided enough of an enjoyable experience that I'd even consider picking that over a physical console.

This conference is just Google trying to add gaming to it's insane amount of server farms since the tech is already sitting there. While also trying to make profit off YouTube,

nkarafo

This whole "sharing" and social shit.... Do people really care?

When i play games i don't want to deal with other people.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the future. only Google could pull something like this off and so far everything sounds perfect. Waiting for mb per second to stream Max resolution and pricing availability.

Sony and Microsoft should be very concerned.

Xenon

Seems weird they're telling people that devs have been messing with this for a few months. Seems like this is really early

DanielsM

Banned
technology yeah sure but it was never refined. Google has the capabilities to do actually that.

Most of this can be done today from your own house, there are a few features that are slick but generally you can do all this for many years now. I'm not saying you should like it or not, but its not new.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

This can be good if you have good internet connection. I might try this if there are interesting games that I can't play on consoles.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the future. only Google could pull something like this off and so far everything sounds perfect. Waiting for mb per second to stream Max resolution and pricing availability.

Microsoft already has this tech and SOny is already doing this with PS Now...

Shin

Banned
Google going after that Twitch money and viewership :messenger_smirking:
and data :messenger_savoring:

Last edited:

MS already started this type of push with xcloud. Sony however, dont have the infrastructure for any of this. Or nintendo for that matter.

Shouta

This concept and technology is neat but it's still reliant on internet being fast and widely available. It'd be cool on a place like Japan or Korea though.

Great Hair

Banned
If you fancy building a PC on your own, this aint for you.
If you fancy a near 0ms latencyfree gaming this aint for you.
If you fancy Microsoft Games, this aint for you.
If you fancy Nintendo Games, this aint for you.
If you fancy Sony Games, this aint for you.

This will only replace a PC, i dont know how nvidia and amd will survive if from one day to antoher everyone stopped buying their gpus and went with stadia? Aint happening ...

Next gen watercooler ...

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Sony and MS can't do something as versatile as this. Especially Sony.

I think Nintendo will fair better, because all of their power comes from within. But Sony and Microsoft have a huge threat to face, and they don't have the DNA and resources to tackle this 100%. Sony in particular, might be fucked.

Verdanth

This is basically a console for streamers.

Being honest, I don't like where this is going.

Hope the main top 3 don't go the same way.

Dunki

Most of this can be done today from your own house, there are a few features that are slick but generally you can do all this for many years now. I'm not saying you should like it or not, but its not new.
Again the technology yes it is old but no one was really capapble of doing it without problems. Like latency etc. If DOOM eternal actually works I am very impressed if 4k and 60 FPS

DanielsM

Banned
Sony and MS can't do something as versatile as this. Especially Sony.

I think Nintendo will fair better, because all of their power comes from within. But Sony and Microsoft have a huge threat to face, and they don't have the DNA and resources to tackle this 100%. Sony in particular, might be fucked.

I'm confused, Sony been doing this for 5 years to the masses and remote play has been working since 2006, at least in a limited sense.

leo-j

this is going to push sony to anounnce their 12 TF PS5 earlier. Lol at 10.7 TFLOPS and streaming 2160P to ur iphone and ipad.

Lol, Youtube? Most people looking for help look at text documents, no body is opening a 2 hour youtube video trying to find the exact spot and accidentally spoiling the other parts of the game.

DanielsM

Banned
Have they actually showed anything? Or has it just been talk with a few videos in the background?

Demo near the beginning across multiple type devices with the controller, but its basically just streaming. A couple of neat features, some are copying of PS features like share. In the end, its a streaming service.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Crackdown 3 reveal. Similar tech here, but with greater focus and investment. Google briefly demoed that aircraft game with fully destructible environments so only time will tell how this plays out but Something tells me Google will pull this off much better than Microsoft did.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Lol, Youtube? Most people looking for help look at text documents, no body is opening a 2 hour youtube video trying to find the exact spot and accidentally spoiling the other parts of the game.

You're probably as old as I am, then, because today the kids all use Youtube.

But I do still love a good txt walkthrough with an unnecessary ASCII art header and meticulous changelog.

Top Bottom