• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2017 |OT| O What could it be?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
WTF are you kidding me google?

This shit is straight garbage:
nexus2cee_android-o-beta-heart-eyes-emojipedia_thumb.jpg

Done with Android.
Downgrade!

New notification changes and emoji are awful in Android O.

Jeez. What an awful year for Android.
It's a really sucky time. Android is moving further and further away from what used to make it so appealing (design is going out of the window, slowly starting to lock things down, and now their messaging bullshit), iOS is still too dumbed/locked down, and Windows Mobile is on life-support. There's just nothing particularly appealing at the moment in the smartphone OS space.

WTF are you kidding me google?

This shit is straight garbage:
nexus2cee_android-o-beta-heart-eyes-emojipedia_thumb.jpg

Done with Android.
Apparently it took them a whole YEAR to come up with this shit.

Fortunately a new feature in O is the ability to download fonts from the Play Store, which means we can replace emoji sets!

Mr. RPG

It's a really sucky time. Android is moving further and further away from what used to make it so appealing (design is going out of the window, slowly starting to lock things down, and now their messaging bullshit), iOS is still too dumbed/locked down, and Windows Mobile is on life-support. There's just nothing particularly appealing at the moment in the smartphone OS space.

Did you see the new white-on-grey theme Android O uses? Ugh. :/

It looks worse than whatever Apple uses on iOS.

Fortunately a new feature in O is the ability to download fonts from the Play Store, which means we can replace emoji sets!

Ah, I forgot about that new feature in Android O.

Husker86

On Android though? At least, people are excited about but it's still gonna be a wait and see kind of deal imo. We need people to release good libraries in Kotlin and drop Java for this to matter.
Kotlin works perfectly with existing Java libraries. The Android developer community loves Kotlin.

The big thing this official support gives us is a better chance of selling PMs on using it for an app. It already works perfectly fine.

FUCK.

I just bought an Alexa for my Mom on mother's day, who is a Spanish speaker first, english speaker with accent second. And here comes Google Home announcing support for Spanish by year's end.

I'm guessing I should have her return it and get a Google home then huh :/

I kinda want one too, it's looking a lot more robust than last year...

yyzjohn

Banned
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but according to The Verge's look at Android O the Youtube picture in picture only works with YouTube Red.

e_i

Daydream VR is getting Chromecast support and the ability to answer phone calls in check notifications in the app(s). AWESOME.

Top Bottom