• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2017 |OT| O What could it be?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Lens is really congruent with the upcoming AR/MR pushes we'll see this year and next, I've wanted a flower recognizer for a while

it's so incredibly creepy how they adress the device "google"

Think it makes sense insofar as "Google..." has been a verb for years. I feel a lot more natural saying, "Hey Google, what's the temperature," than "Bixby," "Cortana," or even Siri. Pretending the search engine/algorithm that you're talking to is a person seems a lot more weird than recognizing it's a machine.

Skinpop

Think it makes sense insofar as "Google..." has been a verb for years. I feel a lot more natural saying, "Hey Google, what's the temperature," than "Bixby," "Cortana," or even Siri. Pretending the search engine/algorithm that you're talking to is a person seems a lot more weird than recognizing it's a machine.

this is basically subliminal marketing.
just let people give it their own name.
not that i'd ever invite google to my home like that.

this is basically subliminal marketing.
just let people give it their own name.
not that i'd ever invite google to my home like that.

It's definitely intentional from a business perspective, but no less marketing than Bixby, Cortana, Siri, or the handful of others. But I've been saying "let me check google.." Or "google that..." for 15 years.

kiguel182

Bye Siri. Assuming this can set up alarms lol that's what I use Siri for since she sucks at everything else.

Also, Portuguese! Hopefully it works well with EU Portuguese...

sqwarlock

Okay, Samsung, please let me change Bixby's button to something else on my new S8 now. Nobody will ever use it with these changes to Assistant. Just give it up and let us use that button for anything else.

kaskade

So the iPhone rumors were true. Seems like Google is trying to build everything into assistant with the translate and the google lens. I'd rather one app that 15 separate ones.

Top Bottom